A Palace of Beauty

Eight Gems and the Messengers(along with one lousy king and a bodyguard)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Palace of Beauty

Doyoung looked around amazed at all the mesmerizing decoration and fancy items placed around the house. He had been sent from King Taeil to visit this maiden house and give them a faithful message from the king. Doyoung didn't expect the place to be this beautiful, he knew the maiden house was rich, but never did he expect the place to this wonderful. It was like paradise as he watched what he recalled the king telling him to be the eldest maiden walking down the stairs with a sophisticated look. He had a fan in his hand that he waved around and beautiful light pink clothing to go along with his pink hair.

The eldest maiden stepped down the last stair stood before Doyoung. He kept the fan over his face, except his eyes, and reached out his hand to Doyoung. Doyoung leaned forward and gave the hand a kiss before stepping back a little. “Maiden Taeyong?” He questioned, with full respect as he was told by King Taeil.

Taeyong nodded and pulled the fan a little lower to full show his eyes and gave Doyoung cold eyes. “What it is that you have for me?” Taeyong questioned, and Doyoung was a little relieved since he believed that Taeyong would have a cold voice.

Doyoung nodded, remembering that he was wasn't only here to admire the beautiful maidens and decor, but to give a message. He pulled a nice piece of folded paper out of his back pocket and handed it gently to Taeyong. He noticed the way Maiden Taeyong gave him a strict look before grabbing the paper and unfolding it with one hand. Taeyong’s bright eyes followed the message written from the king with full focus. When he was done, he refolded the paper and handed it to Doyoung. 

“Master, please do tell the king that my note for him will be sent as soon as possible. I have understood his message, and will make sure to consider his idea.” Once Doyoung thought of it, Taeyong’s voice was rather soft and cute than scary. Doyoung could feel his heart beating fast when Taeyong had called him 'master’. None had called Doyoung master before and what  made him even more flustered was that before he walked away Taeyong gently pulled down the fan and gave him a sweet smile and goodbye. Doyoung has never been so flustered and had never seen someone beautiful before. His eyes felt as if they were hit by a bright light that was stuck in the back of his mind. And honestly, even though he knew he had to keep the kingdom's respect, he wondered how it would be to see the rest of the maidens locked up in this beautiful palace. 

Winwin picked up the dirty clothes from his bed and put them into the green laundry basket. He smiled upon hearing the voices of Mark and Haechan playing around with each other outside the room. Once putting his clothes away he stepped out if the room to hear Mark and Haechan arguing about something he didn't think they should have been arguing about.

Mark stuck his tongue out at Haechan and crossed his arms as he sat down on one side of the golden sofa. “You'll be getting married first. The guys always think you're pretty.”

Haechan huffed and turned his head the other way as he sat on the other side of the sofa. “No! I'm only seventeen, they obviously want the older one.” He insisted so badly -that Winwin almost went up there and shut them both up. Because, it didn't really help when two maidens were sitting down in their nightdresses and talking about marriage, especially judging from their ages.

Yet luckily, Taeyong who had just been going around checking that everyone was done their laundry for tonight and ended up in the middle of the place where all their rooms were. You see, in their house, they had a door upstairs that leads to a room with a seating area and doors all around the seating area, which were the separate rooms of each maiden. It made them feel almost protected and safe like they had each other to rely on.

Taeyong placed his arms of the ledge of the golden sofa and sighed, now looking at Mark and Haechan with a frown. “None of you will be getting married anytime soon. Now please go to sleep, your teacher will be here tomorrow early in the morning.”

The two younger maiden’s nodded before getting up and going to their room. Taeyong took another deep breath before sitting down on the sofa and resting his head back. Winwin walked closer to Taeyong and said down beside him on the sofa. Judging by Taeyong’s expression, Winwin guessed that it could only be so hard to take care of so many maidens at such a young age himself. It had only been a few years since their witch-like maiden, who was 50 years old, passed away and Taeyong had to take over and try to keep everyone with a safe home. Winwin had once overheard that their oldest maiden who died was Taeyong’s step-mother who he hated. Yet, Winwin still remembers the times when Mrs. Lee was their caretaker and the pain every maiden who lived here went through. Now, Taeyong tried to keep a motherly role and take care of everyone, not letting them feel any loss of protection. This place went from hell to paradise, just from the change of a person.

Winwin tilted his head over to look at Taeyong carefully. “Maiden Taeyong, you seem very tired today.” He asked, in pure curiosity.

Taeyong opened his eyes and shook his head, before sitting up and little. He seemed like he had given up everything as he held onto Winwin’s arm tightly like he was looking for support. “Maiden Winwin, can I please ask you for a grand favor?” To Winwin it sounded like he was begging, so Winwin agreed without another thought. Taeyong took a deep a breath before continuing, “King Taeil really wants one of us for his nephew's hand in marriage.” He said in one deep breath like it was the only bad thing left in his life.

Winwin’s eyes widened when he finally understood why Taeyong looked so troubled. Winwin seemed to understand the pain, and it was all because Taeyong just couldn’t let anyone go. “What?” Winwin spat out as if he was disgusted. “He wants one of us?”

When Taeyong nodded, it seemed like he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter