Chapter 5

I'm your fool

2010

chaeyoung pov

I just arrived home after my graduating caremony. I open the door with my left hand while my right is holding the diploma.

"congratulation chaegie!!!!"

I look confusely when I see dahyun and mina in my house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"They came here to congratulating you for graduating" momo spoke with a smile on her face while brings foods to living room.

"I am so proud of you my chaeyoungie~" momo come to me and cup my cheek. I was all red right now, embarrassed by momo.

"Momo stop it. I am 19 years old now" I blushed 

"Aigo aigo aigo our chaeyougie is shy~ shy~ shy~ aigo aigo" dahyun teasing me. I gave him a glared but he just ignored me.

We eat together sometime me and dahyun just start fighting for mina's love and then sometime me and dahyun bullying mina.

"Chaeyoungiee." suddenly momo called me I look at her then I saw jeongyeon beside her.

"Your friend is here" momo said I glared at jeongyeon. I feel angry but I try to hold it.

"Chaeng, can we talk?" He asked me. I look at mina, she smile at me while nod her head.

"Let's talk outside" I said coldly. We made our way outside then jeongyeon's hand grip my hand. I want to push him but I just stay silent.

"I know you still mad at me and I don't expect you to forgive me" he said sincerely. 

"It's all my fault. I played with their heart. So hate me, please just hate me alone, don't hate nayeon and stop blaming her it's not her fault" he said with pleading eyes. I look at the ground while bite my lip trying to ease the pain in my heart.

"Chaeng please..... she miss you so much. Please fogive her" but I just silent. He sigh heavily and ready to leave. Then I grab his wrist. 

"Mina told me that she already forgave you two. So I think I have no right to be angry at you and nayeon. Beside you two did nothing wrong to me" I look at him.

"So are we good now" he asked.

"I don't know.... without you and nayeon my days become peacefully. No nagging from overly-protective mom and no lame jokes from annoying big brother" I look at him with a teasing grin.


"You little rascal you want to say that my jokes are lame?" He said while headlock me and mess my hair.

"Yahh stop it" I tried to push him to free myself from his headlock but he is too strong.

"Tell me you missed me first" he teasing me I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want" 

"Oookkkkk...." he mess my hair again. Then I gave up.

"Ok I missed you. Happy now" I rolled my eye. I didn't lied, I do missed him and nayeon a lot. He laughed at me I look at him and chuckled.

Yeah my days were peacefully without you and nayeon but it's feel emptiness.

"More than happy" he said. He patted my shoulder.

"Thank you" he said softly and smiled apologetically. We look at each other.

"What are we doing?" I said awkwardly, breaking the eye contact between me and him.

"I don't know but we look like a lovey-dovey gay couple" he made a disgusted face. Then we started laughing. I stop laughing when I saw nayeon's house in front of me. I drop my head. Jeongyeon noticed  the sudden change in my expression.

"Hye if you miss her. Then meet her" he smile at me. I shake my head.

"Maybe next time"  I said.

"You guys look good together" I said. he look at me confusedly.

"You and nayeon. You guys really look good together" he smile at me.

"Take good care of her" I patted his shoulder.

"I will" jeongyeon wrapped his hand on my shoulder.

 

_________________________________________

/ at café /

I enter the cafe, and looking around but stop when I look at nayeon sitting there alone. We look at each other, she is freezing.

Without thinking long, I go to nayeon and take a seat in front of her and sitting there in silent. I saw her shoulders are shake a bit and she looks a bit tense. The awkwardness is more strong as we exchange a stare then she look at the floor. I can't hold myself to starring at her, she looks so pretty as usual. And I miss her.

"Hi, nayeon" I start the conversation.

"Hi" she replied my greet. I can't hold my smile which start showing on my face.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good" her eyes still locked to the floor. We remained silent for a minutes.

"Nayeona would you like to take a walk with me?" I offered her, wearing the most  gentle smile. Nayeon look at me, suprised by my sudden action but then she smile and nod her head.

We walked around the beach side by side. "Remember when we were in middle school? I always get bullied by seulgi and his gag because I am a big loser. You and jeongyeon always protect me from them" I said and smile bitterly she come to me and lean her head on my shoulder, I wrapped my hand on her waist.

"I'm so thankful for the day that we first started talking and all of the moment that we shared together. I cherish them all. I don't want to lose both of you. Because my life has been better since the day I found you two" I said then she hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry for everything. Gosh chaeng, I miss you so much" nayeon said while crying.

"You don't need to say sorry, you did nothing to me though" I patted her back.

"Baby cub~~" she called me in her sweet voice make me smile widely.

"Ehmmm"

"Promise me you won't shouted at me again. You scared me" she whining caused me laughed.


"And when you grabbed my hand the day we fought. You hurted me" she show me her hand while pouted

"You calling me baby all the time but you're the one who acting like a baby" I chuckled then I take her hand.

"I'm sorry" I said and rubbing her hand. I saw her smile that made my heart skips a beat. 

you know you really love someone when you can't hate them for breaking your heart.

We stared at each other for a while, which was starting to get really awkward. Nayeon suddenly starts coughing and look away. I just stayed statued there, hand on my chest, my heart won't stop beating. I sight, I thought I've already move on.

"I heard seulgi is your boss in your company. Did he treat you badly?" I asked trying to break the awkward situation between them. She froze for second before replying.

"No, not at all. Don't worry about that" she smile. I knew her smile was faked but I just shrug it off.


_________________________________________

 

2011 


I  wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I quickly reached out for my phone with my hand without opening my eyes.

"Hello"

"CHAENG!!" I heard jeongyeon's voice on the other line.

"Seriously jeong. It's 6 a.m" I said annoying.

"CHAENG COME TO NAYEON'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW"

"what happen" I asked him but he ends the call. I go up and rushed toward nayeon's house.

"Seriously. What's wrong? Where is nayeon?" I asked jeongyeon as soon as I enter the house

"She locked herself in her room" jeongyeon said. His face was pale.

"Wh.. why"

"I don't know"

"Then what are you waiting for? Damn it just broke the door" I said almost yelling.

"I don't know what to do. I got panicked" he grab his hair in frustration.

I kicked the door open. When the door was widely open I saw nayeon, she was crying on the floor beside her bed. I was shocked to see her state, her hair is a mess and her clothes were all torn, revealing her bare shoulder and thighs. No no no it can't be.....

"Nayeon. Baby, what's wrong? Tell me what's wrong??" Jeongyeon reached to nayeon, but stopped. Maybe he just noticed her state right now.

"Did you?" I asked. Nayeon look at me, face soaked with tear, she nods her head. I gasp.

"Who did this to you" jeongyeon gritted his teeth

"I SAID WHO DID THIS TO YOU??" Jeong's face turned red. Nayeon cry getting worse.

"Jeong calm down" I said. And then he push my chest.

"DON'T ASKED ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND WAS RAAPED " I ignored the angry jeongyeon and slowly I walked to nayeon and kneeled next to her. 

I look at her, I almost cried when I saw her neck full with bruise that seemed like a love bite. I take a deeply breath "nayeon tell me who?" I managed to ask. Mad, sad, confuse, anything mix all over inside my heart but I remain to stay calm.

 "It's ok tell me" I gave her a sad smile. My shaking hand reached her cheek and wipe away her tears with my thumb. She looked at me, her eyes were full of tears.

"S..s..seulgi" she said while sobbing. I gritting my teeth at the mention of the name. I shake my head in disbelief.

"That b*stard" jeonyeon clenching his fist and run to the door.

"Jeong don't.....please stop..." nayeon crying harder.

"Chaeng stop him. Please." She beg. I run toward jeongyeon but I was too lated he already left then I go to my car and drove it to seulgi's.

"Jeongyeon!!" I shouted at him when I found him in seulgi's house. ? My eye widen as I see his hand was full of seulgi's blood.

"What are you doing!!" I spat. I look at seulgi laid on the floor, dying. His blood was all over the floor.

Jeongyeon raised his bat high, ready to hit seulgi.

"jeongyeon stop it you're killing him!!!" I shouted at him. He stop and look at me, smirked.

"This b*stard must die!!" He said then swang the bat and hit seulgi's head, the sound of bones cracking filling the room.

"NO!!!" I screamed. I run to seulgi's dead body.

"What have you done?" I mumbles under my breath. I quickly checked his breath.

"He's dead" my voice was shaking. 

I'm not even sad when seulgi is dead, he deserve it but still killing him is never the answer.

_________________________________________


Jeongyeon surrender himself to the police station. His punishment is heavy because he killed people but I'm sure it'll be lighten if all the truths revealed.

"Don't visit me anymore" jeongyeon said. I look at him  but I can't do anything. There is a big hard glass mirror that separate us. 

"How about nayeon" I said. He smile bitterly.

"Take care of her. Tell her to wait for me"

"I will. Trust me"


_________________________________________


2 weeks later


"You should have an abortion" 

"I don't want"

"I DON'T CARE! YOU SHOULD HAVE AN ABORTION!!" I yelled at her.

"Do you want me to do abortion and killed this innocent life? What happen to you!!" She said in disbelief.

"Innocent life? That child's biological father is a r*pist" I spat.

"This child is mine!" She said, her lips were trembling. Her eyes filled with tears. 

"Either you get an abortion or I will kill that child with my bare hand" I said then leave, I slam the door hard.

I don't know what happen to me. I'm the one who said that killing is never the answer. but now, I just threat nayeon to kill her child. I think I lost my mind. I think I completely insane because the only thing that I want right now is to kill that child, that b*stard's child, nayeon's child.  

What happen to me.

 

*********awesome9*********