Chapter 4

I'm your fool

2009

 

chaeyoung pov

 

I was wearing my shoe in front of my house , then I unlocked the door to my new car.

"What the fuc-!! buggatti chiron? are you serious?" I was suprised when jeongyeon suddenly stood in front of me. He can't take his eyes off of my new car with his mouth hanging open like this the most fascinating thing he has seen.

"Yeah my grandfather bought me a car when I got my license last week" I scratched the back of my head.

"WOW I can't believe it. Well you are a rich kid after all" jeongyeon chuckle.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me you skip the class" I trying to change the topic. I was just kidding but I don't have an idea why jeongyeon looks nervous when I asked him.

"I don't have classes today" he responded.

"Then what are you doing here" I asked again.

"Ehm...I..I supposed to meet nayeon but she is not in her home so I just stop by here" he avoids my eye contact.  I look at nayeon's house and then I spotted her car.

"I think she went to the market since she loves to walk to the market. Don't worry she will be back soon" I said.

"ok  then. Bye"  I bid him a goodbye as I getting inside the car. 'Why he's so weird today' I shrug my thought away as my eyes stay focus on the road.


________________________________________

/ At school /

It was now lunchtime I scanning the cafeteria, then I spotted dahyun,  I make my way to his table.

"Sorry I'm late" I said as I take a seat beside him.

"Where's mina" I asked.

Since mina is Dahyun's classmate dahyun always invited her eating lunch with us. As time passes, we are getting closer, and now we are best friend.

Dahyun just rolled his eyes "we fought" he responded I laughed "wait is that normal" I asked him. Since they are close they always teasing each other so its normal to see they're fighting.

"Stop laughing I'm serious" he said then I stop laughing when I noticed how serious dahyun is.

"What happen?" I asked him.

"I don't know but she's been moody and quieter lately" he said.

"And this morning she asked me about our project since we are partner but I forgot to make a research yesterday and then she was so mad at me. I know that's my fault but but erggghhh" dahyun groaned, rubbing his face with his palm. I pat his shoulder to calm him down.

"Dahyun" I jumped at the soft voice, and turned around to see mina. Dahyun look at mina but he just ignored the girl.

"Are you still mad at me?" she asked dahyun. Dahyun rolled his eyes and walked away from the table with anger, leaving me and mina. 

Mina sighs and rest herself at the chair in front of me.

"What happens? I know you will never get mad at dahyun just because he didn't his research" I asked her.

"I just stress about something" she said. 

"Is it about jeongyeon again?" I asked her. She just stay silent.

"You know, you shouldn't take your frustration out on dahyun" I said, causing her sigh for the second time.

"I fought with jeongyeon again" she said well I'm not suprise at all since they always bickering.

"Why?"

"I think he is getting tired of me" she said with her low voice as she looked out of window, resting her chin on her hand. I
Slightly confused to see there is no emotion in her face when she said those thing.

_________________________________________


I bought a medium box of pizza for nayeon, I arrived at the front of her house then I knocked but receiving no answer, I opened the door and heading to the living room. My eyes widened at the sight...

I just see something. Something that I never expect. nayeon, someone who I love was kissing jeongyeon on couch, I froze and my legs feel weak. he kiss her deeply while nayeon's hand slides through jeongyeon's hair. moan fill up the room, I dropped the box of pizza in shocked then nayeon open her eyes, our eyes meet.

"Chaeyoung" nayeon gasp, pushing jeongyeon off of her. I took a step back.

"Chaeng wait" jeongyeon stand up and approach me. Nayeon just stood there speechless.

"Chaeng please.. don't tell mina" he grab my wrist, I pull my hand off strongly.

"I never want to talk to you two again NEVER!!" I shouted my voice is shaking until it sound hoarse.

I darted toward the door and left so fast, I rushed to my house the tears suddenly came out and keep moving. As I entered my house harshly I leaned my back on the door I cry more harder, buried my face in my knees . I never feel this pain before. Its really hurt.

 

_________________________________________

/At school/

I had been too lost in thought thinking about last night. Sometimes, I wish I could forget everything.

"I fought with my boyfriend again yesterday but why you're the one who is sad here?" Mina chuckle a bit. We at caffeteria eating our lunch. It just me and mina since dahyun is still sulking at mina.

"Are you mad at me? Please Don't. I have nobody now. dahyun was completely ignored me the whole class" she said sadly. I look at her, somehow making my chest tighten with guilt. 

"I'm sorry . I just a bit tired" I said. She gave a small nod of his head and turned back to what she was doing.

Dahyun suddenly came out of nowhere and sit beside me. Mina stared at him but he just focus his eyes on his phone, mina frowned.

"So guys, how about we hang out after school today?" I tried to lighted up the mood.

"No thank you. I'll pass" dahyun said, his eyes still on his phone.

"Oh c'mon. I missed going to that cafe with you guys again." I whining. Mina giggled at me.

"You are so cute" mina smile at me. Dahyun looks at us with disgusted face.

"Are you two flirting right now? In front of me" dahyun dropped his jaw.

"Ops someone is jealous" I whispered to mina.

"What!! No way!!" Dahyun exclaimed.

"You are cute too if you don't sulked like a kid who dropped his lollipop" mina shrug her shoulder.

"Shut up. And when are we going to that damn cafe" he said while crossed his arm. I just laughed at him.


We arrived at the cafe. When we about to enter the cafe, I saw jeonyeon and nayeon from outside the glass door. I frowned at the sight, they are together. I quickly dragged mina and dahyun.

"Guys I think we should go to another place" 

"Wait is that nayeon and jeonyeon" dahyun exclaimed and poiting his finger toward nayeon and jeongyeon. Damn it!! Jeongyeon and nayeon watched us, they look so nervous.

"Hello guys" dahyun walk toward them followed by mina. I curse under my breath. I don't have other option and I just walk toward them too and sit with them. I took a glance to mina but she just wearing flat face.

The food our order arrived we start eating its awkward. Jeongyeon and nayeon are busy talking each other or more like flirting with each other I'm starting to heat up again. What's wrong with them can't they see mina is just in front of them!! I look at mina, she pretend to be fine.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked jeongyeon and nayeon.

"We just having lunch together" jeongyeon replied.

"Really? Are you sure it's just a lunch?" I asked with a smirk. Jeongyeon glare at me, his face is red. Nayeon just keep her head down.

The atmosphere is so tense and awkward. Dahyun and mina are staring at me and I saw their clueless face. Then everyone turn away and continue eating quietly except jeongyeon who is still glared at me.

"Mina lets go I drive you home" jeongyeon stand from his seat and hold mina hand he started to drag her. my blood is boiling.

"Can't you see she is eating right now" I stop him by grabbing his hand. He gritten his teeth.

"Chaeng it's ok" mina smile at me. I sigh as I loosed my hold. Mina get up from her seat and grab her stuffs.

"See you tomorrow" she said then she followed jeongyeon to his car. I sit back.

"Chaeyoung" nayeon called me. I ignored her as I continuing eating my mushroom soup. Dahyun look at me confused.

"chaeyoung look at me" She said. I Still ignored her. Dahyun is watching us in silent.

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!!" Her shouts are so loud so it make everyone in cafè were suprise. A dozen pair of eyes watching us. I stop eating and put my spoon down.

"Oh I think I need to use the toilet" dahyun said and dashed to the toilet.

"Look at me please" she begs desperatetly. I look up to see her, her eyes are red. I hate to see her face.

I stand up and immediately leave her. I walked toward my car then nayeon grabbed my hand. "Don't touch me" I snatched it away from her.

"Why am I dirty to you now" I could feel the pain in her voice. I look straight to her eyes, her eyes are full of tears. then I let out a deep breath.

"Just leave me alone" I said then I got into my car, I drove my car as fast as I can, I couldn't help but cried, tears kept falling down to the back of my cheek.

With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought that you could cause me so many tears.


_________________________________________


I enter my home, I was a bit startled when I see nayeon was casually sitting on the couch. I sigh heavily.

"What are you doing here" I asked her with annoying face plaster on my face.

"Do you hate me?" There was no emotion in her expression. But I can still see her eyes were filled with sadness and sorrow. She looks like a mess, her hair is such a mess.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath "Do you even care?" I asked her back.

"Chaeyoung please. Don't make things become more complicated than it already is" she ruffled her hair in frustration.

"This kind of things will never happen if you didn't cheated with jeongyeon behind mina!" I shout angrily at her. she look away as she bites his lower lip in frustration.

"It's none of your business" she hissed.

"I DON'T CARE!! AND DON'T PUT MINA INTO YOUR STUPID GAMES IM NAYEON!!" I shout at her. She just chuckled bitterly.

"So am I the bad guy here? You know from the start that I love jeonyeon right? She is the one who take him away from me!!" She cried.

"She take him away from you? But you are the one who kissed her boyfriend" I smirk then she slap me hard. I almost lost balance, that's how hard the slap was. I hissed in pain and touched my burning cheek. 

I glare at her "get out" I said with cold voice. She froze with her eyes widened in shocked "chaeng I'm sorry I didn't 
mean-"

"I SAID GET OUT!!" I yell at her then I grabed her wrist and dragged her out of my house and shut the front door.

I hate her... I hate her......

why can't I hate her why I can't hate her

I cried again.

I wish I could give you my pain just for one moment. Not to hurt you, but so that you could finally understand how much you hurt me.

_________________________________________


"Chaeng I'm sorry" there is jeongyeon who stood in front of my house. Ergh I didn't woke up this morning just to deal with this again.

"Why you said sorry to me. I'm not the one who you cheated on" I coldly replied to him as I walk to my car he then grabed my wrist.

"Chaeng tell me what should I do then. Tell me?" He pleading. I sigh

"Break up with her" I said my back is still facing him.

"Don't hurt her anymore" I turned to see him. He shook his head, quietly murmuring, "no no I can't" he continued, I could see a tear fall down his cheeks. I furrow my brow madly as I heard his words.

"Why can't you do that? You don't even love her. Damn it!!" I spat.

"Break up with her. And take care of nayeon" I said and leave him alone.


_________________________________________


A knock heard from my door I walk toward the door and opened it, I'm so suprised to see there is mina with her puffy red eyes and a red nose as if she has been crying.

"Mina what's wrong? Are you ok" I asked worriedly. she just cry, I pull her to my hug, she cry more harder, her shoulder is shaking, and I hugging her tightly while rub her back try to calm her down.

"Jeongyeon asked for the break up" she cried. I just sigh.

"Hey its ok" I rub her back.

"I know It hurt if someone tells you they don't want you, but it hurts more if they don't tell you" I said while wipe her tears away.

"Don't cry" I softly spoke and tucked her hair behind her ear. I bring her to the couch.

30 minutes pass, she stopped crying and calmed down. I hand her the tea, she take the cup and sips the tea. then I sit beside her.

I smile as I observed her face, she is so elegant. I chuckle at her as she caught me staring at her.

"Stop staring me" she slap my arm.

"You are so gorgeous. Damn he is so stupid" mina chuckle at me.

"You know. I'm gonna miss you and dahyun since you guys are graduating next week" I said sadly.

"Don't say like that. We promise to enter the same college, remember? Me, you and dahyun " Mina said. I smiled and squeezed her hand.

"Dahyun going to get so jealous if he seeing how we look like a real couple right now" me and mina laughed 

 

*********awesome9*********