Chapter 3

I'm your fool

2008

chaeyoung pov

A knock heard from my door while I was watched the TV I go up and walk toward the door and opened it, I'm not suprised to see jeongyeon and nayeon stood outside the door with a huge smile. I released a deep breath and crossed my arm.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" I asked without any emotion.

"So?" Jeongyeon started. I raised my eyebrows, dont understand what he means.

"Did you get accepted into our school? Into hanlim school??" nayeon asked excitedly. Since they both studied at the hanlim, they always forced me to study at there too.

"Actually I was applying to SOPA" I said. I smirk when I noticed how sad and disappoited they looked. Then I took out the letter inside my pocket. 

"But I got this letter instead" I gave the letter to nayeon. She opened the letter then reading aloud.

"Congratulation you has been accepted into Hanlim Multi Art School-- arghhhh" she screaming while threw the letter then she and jeongyeon hug me.

"you guys are so dramatic" I rolled my eyes.


_________________________________________


I were sitting in class and noticed all the girls are talking about prom and how excited they are. I walked out of the class. As I was walking through the hallway I saw jeongyeon leaning on his locker while dahyun and nayeon stood beside him. I go to them.

"What are you guys talking about?" I said they look at me.

"What are you doing here. Are you supposed to be in your class" nayeon scolded me.

"My class cancel today and I'm so bored everyone in my class are busy talking about the prom" I said while leaning my back agaist the wall.

"Ohhhh yeah  I forgot to tell you something nayeon" jeongyeon said.

"What is it?" Nayeon asked him

"You are not going to believe this" jeongyeon said while shaking nayeon's shoulder. 

"Yah stop it. What is it? I'm going to kill you if you play a prank on me" nayeon said while brushes his hand off her shoulder.

"I asked mina to go to prom with me and she accepted it" jeongyeon said happily. I look at nayeon, her smile faded and her expression changes. I sigh hardly what should I do now I thought jeongyeon loves her too but she just like me, loving someone who doesn't love you back.

"Mina? myoui mina?" dahyun who before just standing still and says nothing, now interrupts.

"Yes! You know her?" Jeongyeon asked him.

"She is my classmate" dahyun asked in disbelief.

"Really! You are lucky to have a classmatee like her!! She is the most prettiest girl I've ever seen" jeongyeon sigh dreamily.

"Wow. Good for you" said nayeon awkwardly and smile. I know she is forcing herself to fake a smile in front of jeongyeon. I silently look at her.

"HAH!!!" Suddenly dahyun scream. everyone looked at him. Dahyun then smile widely.

"If jeongyeon go to prom with mina that's mean nayeon doesn't have a partner to the prom then" dahyun said then smirk at nayeon. I want to kill him so bad.

"Oh yeah. are you ok with it?" Jeongyeon asked nayeon.

"I'm ok. I can go with my baby cub" she said and look at me. I smile to make her her feel better.

"What!! you choose him?"
Dahyun asked nayeon while point his finger at me.

"Well It's not her fault if she has excellent taste in men" I said proudly.

"not fair!!" dahyun pout and everyone laughed at him except nayeon, she looks down and not excited.


_________________________________________


It was prom night and I cannot stop looking at the beautiful figure beside me she look gorgeous with that dress, she then look at me ops she caught me staring at her.

"You look beautiful nayeon" I said.

"I know" she replied I chuckle at her.

The loud music was starting to make my head hurt. 

"Nayeon" I call her, I turned to see her but there is nobody beside me. Where is she going?Then I look around to find her.

I finally spotted her, she stare at something , her face was bitter and gloomy I looked up and found what her staring at. There is jeongyeon and mina....... they kissed each other.

Nayeon run to the exit door, rushing, then she slammed the door hard. Without thinking anything else I walk toward the door fastly as I was oppened the door I heard something, I heard sobbing voice comming from somewhere. I followed the voice, it lead me toward the hallway corner. Then I found nayeon, hugging her knees and burying her face in between them , Her shoulder is shaking. I continued walking toward her. my step getting heavier. I couldn't take it. My heart hurt to see her crying.
Nayeon looks a bit suprise with my presence as her shoulder just look starled. I clear my throat.

"You're the one who asked me to prom but then you left me alone in there" I started. She just ignore me. I look at her but she's avoiding my eyes.

"Are you ignoring me right now? You are the worst partner I've ever had" I said while nudge her shoulder. she didn't reply and remained silent. At last, I give up and gave her a time for herself but still not leaving her.


Five minuted passed. Still no talk. I feel myself freezing to death then I remember the girl who sit beside. 'She must be cold' I thought then I quickly took off my jacket and I carefully puts in around her shoulder.

"Thank you" she said with a sincere look in her eyes.  I flashed a warm smile to her.

"It is hurt?" She asked.

"Pardon?"

"It is hurt when I rejected you?" I was surprise at her sudden question. I look at the ground and my mind is blank. 

Yes its hurt. Its hurt so bad 

"It's hurt right? When someone you love, love someone else" she said and again I just stay silent.

"I'm sorry" She wipe her tears

"I'm sorry I rejected you and then I acted like nothing happens after that" she laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry for hurting you" she's crying again.

"Don't say sorry. Its my mistake not yours." I said. But no, loving you wasn't a mistake but thinking that you loved me was.

"But-"

"Lets just forget about that. I'm ok and I've moved on." I cut her.

Yes I am a liar I can't just forget and move on it's not that simple!! I sigh and I softly pulled her head to my shoulder and wipe her tear. We stay like that for a minutes.

"Nayeon" I call her.

"Ehmmm" 

"I'm hungry" I said well I didn't lied to be honest. I didn't ate my lunch today. Then she laughed

"Aww my baby cub is hungry. Lets go  eat" she cup my cheek and show her eye-smile feat her bunny teeth that I love the most. I internally cheered at the fact that I already made her smile.

_________________________________________

Today is jeongyeon and nayeon' s graduation day. Time flies so fast and now I don't know what would I do at this freaking school without them. Luckily I still have dahyun.
 
"Congratulations guys" dahyun who stand beside me shouted and jumping happily.

"Calm down dubu. Are you that excited that we're going to leave?" Jeongyeon chuckled at him.

"Here" I gave a bouquet of flower to nayeon. Nayeon smile wide and accept the flower.

"Thank you baby cub" she smell the flower then she gave me a hug.

"To Nayeon only?" jeongyeon make a sad face.

"How about me" he pout at me but I just ignored him.

"Go buy it yourself!" Nayeon told him. But Suddenly her expression changed gloomy.

"Hye handsome" someone hug jeongyeon from behind. I turned around, just to see mina smiling to jeongyeon.

"Congrats babe" mina said and jeongyeon gave her a peck on her lips. After that night prom Jeongyeon told us that he confessed to mina and now they have been dating for a month. It can't be denied that, they look really good together.

"I gotta go to the toilet. " Nayeon quickly stand up and heading towards the toilet. I noticed how she always find a way to avoid jeongyeon wherever he with mina is not like I don't know the reason is. I can see anger and hurt in her eyes. I place my chin in my arm as I rest my elbow on the table while looking at the window my mind still thinking about nayeon.

It hurt when I see her gets hurt, when the wrong guy she fall for is never there to catch her, but yet I stand here wishing I could do something. But yet she still haven't noticed that I'll always be here for her.

 

*********awesome9*********