it’s alright.

I love you, in so many ways.

a/n: hello, before this if you'd like to listen to the song i'll be using it's this song! i hope you enjoy~ these words are the romanization while these words are the eng trans!

it’s alright.


Baekhyun had several insecurities that clogged up his mind. He knew that there were useless to have because no one was perfect. He wasn’t even close despite spending his free time practicing and training so that he could improve. Those thoughts lingered in his head all the time, buried deep until it finds the most awful time to surface and flood Baekhyun’s mind.

Those were his worst days that often got the best of him. The days when s would cast him worried glances and would ask him if he was okay, in which he’ll weakly reply with a doubtful “Yes.” They knew it was a lie, but it was how they were taught to answer, to act. It hurt them, of course, that Baekhyun kept everything to himself, but it was understandable why. All of them go through similar problems and worries, Baekhyun didn’t want to burden people with his own.

The EXO members all groaned as they entered the dorm. Normally this time, people would be fast asleep in their beds, but for them it was only the beginning. After grueling hours of practicing and perfecting their new song, they’ll finally get a chance to rest before they start the cycle once again.

“Sleep well, guys,” Junmyeon called out to them before entering his shared room with Sehun. The youngest followed afterwards, mumbling a small good night before closing the door behind them.

Minseok and Jongdae also went straight to their room, telling the members to have a good rest as they passed by. Kyungsoo was the next to enter his room also greeting his friends before completely shutting the door.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongin were the ones left in the living room. Yixing was currently in China, but they were sure that he was as tired as they were with all the schedules he’s been keeping up with. Jongin grabbed a bottle of water before heading to his room. He patted the two’s backs with a whisper of “Good night, hyungs,” as he went to bask himself in his bed.

When everyone was gone, Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun and asked the question that’s been lingering in his mind, “Hey, are you okay?” He took one small step towards Baekhyun, reaching to touch his arm in an attempt to comfort him.

“Y-yeah,” Baekhyun forced out a small smile, “Of course.”

Chanyeol knew it was a lie. Today was a bad day for Baekhyun. He kept on fumbling during the dance and kept forgetting the next moves. When they were singing, the man was so frustrated because his voice kept cracking and Chanyeol swore that he saw tears threatening to fall down his boyfriend’s face.

But Baekhyun was always like this, always trying to be strong when he didn’t have to. Always trying to assure people that he was fine with a small smile.

Chanyeol admired him for this, but sometimes he wished that Baekhyun would realize that crying or breaking down isn’t a form of weakness nor was it a burden. He just wanted the love of his life to be free in expressing his emotions, even the darkest ones. He badly wanted to force out the problems out of Baekhyun, but that wouldn’t help at all.

Instead he says, “Okay, want to sleep with me tonight? I missed cuddling with you.”

Baekhyun seemed to slightly lighten up at this as he quickly nodded at the offer, accepting it with excitement. Chanyeol chuckled and slid down the hand that was holding the other’s arm until it reached the beautiful hand he hoped he could hold forever.

“Let’s go, then.”

 

 

Once they settled in bed, all changed into comfier clothes, Chanyeol immediately wound his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him close.

“You know that I’m always here, right?” He mumbled, tightening his hold around the puppy boy.

Baekhyun only nodded, but never gave a reply. They just spent a good amount of time lying there in comfortable silence. It was what they needed the most after all; serene places, out of the screams and shouts and the music reverberating around them. They loved their job, their fans, and the people around them,

But they were still human beings with emotions that fill their heart until it burst. Emotions that shouldn’t be disregarded just because they were pinned to an image everyone believed. Emotions that they felt, despite having to act like they didn’t.

“Yeol,” Baekhyun whispered hesitantly, afraid that the taller might be sleeping already. Chanyeol hummed in response, proving otherwise.

“Can you sing me a song?” He requested. The other looked down to see Baekhyun’s eyes already looking up at him, expectant.

“Okay, what song?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun only responded with a soft “Whatever song you like.”

Chanyeol nodded, knowing already what song he wanted to sing for Baekhyun. It was a song that conveyed his emotions and hopefully, his tiny lover will believe in him more than ever. He cleared his throat,

“Make sure you listen to every word, okay?” He asked before starting. Baekhyun nodded as he shifted closer to Chanyeol, hoping through that he’d be able to hear more.

Chanyeol cleared his throat once again then began singing.

Geureon nari itji

This kinda day exist

 

His voice was raspy and a bit unsteady because of all the strain he had to put on it today, but Baekhyun loved hearing it anyway.

 

Nunmuri mak nalgeot gateun geureon nal

The day when you feel like crying

 

Geodneun geotmajeo himgyeobdago neuggyeojil ddae

When you feel too tired to walk

 

Ne gyeote geu nugudo mollajul ddae

You don't even know who will be there beside you

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes. This song was meant for Baekhyun but somehow he’s the one holding back his tears. He remembered all the things they’ve been through, not just as a couple, but as part of the group.

 

It's alright, it's alright

 

Naega neol anajulke

I will give you a hug

 

Naepume angyeo maeumkkeot ureo anajulke

You can cry your heart out on my arms while I hug you

 

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol closer, tighter, as his giant boyfriend sang every word full of emotion. The smaller listened to it intently, this was, after all, Chanyeol’s feelings.

 

It's alright, it's alright

 

Naega da deureojulke

I will listen to you

 

Amuegedo mal mothan ne mam naega deurojulke

Even things you cannot say, I will listen to your heart

 

Chanyeol’s voice started shaking as more memories filled his mind. All those days he watched Baekhyun force out a smile. All those days he held himself back as he read all those nasty things people have commented about the man. All those days that Baekhyun must have felt so alone, surrounded by people who constantly bashed him despite not even personally knowing him.

It must have been painful, and as Baekhyun’s boyfriend, all he wanted to do was protect him, but it was unrealistic. They couldn’t please everyone, but it was so difficult to see Baekhyun trying to.

 

Geureon nari itji

This kinda day exist

 

Baekhyun looked up at the sound of Chanyeol’s voice shaking. He saw the giant with his eyes closed, a sign that he was indeed full of emotion that Baekhyun felt with every lyric sang. He, himself, started tearing up as he realized how lucky he was to have people like s; to have people like Chanyeol.

 

Modeun geol da nohko sipeun geureon nal

The day when you wanna throw everything

 

Georagadeol giri beogeopdago neukkyeojil ddae

When even walking is too much for you

 

Ne gyeote geu nugudo mollajul ddae

You don't even know who will be there beside you

 

If it was possible to hug someone more than what Baekhyun was doing, then he probably has done it. He buried his head in the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, making him hear the man better.

 

It's alright, it's alright

 

Naega neol anajulke

I will give you a hug

 

Naepume angyeo maeumkkeot ureo anajulke

You can cry your heart out on my arms while I hug you

 

And as the lyrics offered, as Chanyeol’s heart offered, Baekhyun did. His whole body started shaking as he sobbed everything he felt right there. The pressure, the hate, the disappointment; Baekhyun let it all out. Chanyeol’s neck was wet with his tears, but the other didn’t mind. Instead, he hugged Baekhyun tighter, an action that said ‘I’m here.’

 

It's alright, it's alright

 

Naega da deureojulke

I will listen to you

 

Amuegedo mal mothan ne mam naega deurojulke

Even things you cannot say, I will listen to your heart

 

Chanyeol felt tears of his own fall down silently on his cheeks. It was heartbreaking to hear Baekhyun cry, but this was what the man felt. This is an emotion that proved that they were humans as well, not just perfect idols who sing and dance for the public. Not just idols, who have to act like they’re fine every single day, even when they’re not in the spotlight.

 

Deureojulke

I will listen to you

 

Despite everything, Chanyeol still felt his heart’s burden lessen. It was somehow relieving that Baekhyun has finally released all those hidden emotions that intoxicated his mind with negative thoughts.

Finally, Baekhyun was opening up.

 

Deureojulke

I will listen to you

 

Soon, the small man was only sniffling, cries beginning to die down. Chanyeol pulled away slightly to look at his boyfriend’s face and found it amusing that Baekhyun could still look amazing despite being fresh from a full-blown crying session.

 

Deureojulke

I will listen to you

 

Baekhyun smiled slightly as his lover wiped away his tears. He felt so loved and so cherished, and finally he understood,

He wasn’t alone.

 

Naega anajulke

I will hug you

 

After Chanyeol finished singing, he filled Baekhyun’s face with light kisses. The latter just giggled at this before kissing him on the lips properly.

Thank you, Baekhyun would have said, but he didn’t want to break the silence that once again covered them. A more comfortable one than before, one where he felt safe despite the darkness of the room.

He looked at Chanyeol once more before resting his head on the man’s chest. Chanyeol only smiled fondly.

I love you, he would have said, but he deemed that the song was enough to convey that. He hoped it reached his love’s heart, and it did.

Baekhyun finally realized that in this world full of people that criticize him and hate him, there are also people who support him and love him. He had his fans, his family, s, and most of all, he had Chanyeol.  

And with this thought, he closed his eyes with a smile, drifting off to sleep with a light heart.

 


twenty-three — through a song.

 

 

 

a/n: i hoped you enjoy this! the rainy weather here in my country made feel a bit fjeshrljkfrt so i made this! thank you for everyone who's reading~