my best medicine.

I love you, in so many ways.

my best medicine.


Byun Baekhyun was many things. He was a son, a brother, a father to Mongryong, a main vocalist in his group, an actor, an entertainer, and lastly, he was Park Chanyeol’s boyfriend.

As a boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun was many things as well. He was a lover, a confidant, an advice giver, a hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on, and…

“This is what you get for not listening to me, Park,” Baekhyun muttered as Chanyeol sneezed loudly once again.

… a caretaker, apparently.

Chanyeol only pouted at this, unable to speak because of his sore throat accompanied by a runny nose and a slight fever. He was currently wrapped in thick blankets and was ordered to stay at the dorm until he fully recovered. Of course, as his trusty boyfriend, Baekhyun took the initiative to stay with his partner and act like his nurse the entire day. He didn’t actually mind, but the worry, mixed with a tinge of anger for Chanyeol disregarding his health, was hard to dispose of.

“I told you so many times that you shouldn’t overwork yourself, yet here you are!” Baekhyun continued. “Do you even listen to me? Because I swear this is like the seventh time you came home sick!”

His boyfriend pouted once more before reaching for his phone and clicking the notes app. Baekhyun only stood beside his bed, hand on his hip, as Chanyeol typed his response as quick as he could. After, he lifted his phone in front of Baekhyun’s face so that his tiny lover could read it.

‘I’m sorry. Please don’t get mad at me, I’m sick!!!’ It read. Baekhyun scoffed and raised his eyebrows.

“Who the is to blame that you’re sick?” He asked. Chanyeol dropped his head in response and fiddled with his phone; Baekhyun only sighed at this.

“I’m going to heat the soup Kyungsoo left for you to eat,” he said as he grabbed his boyfriend’s phone from his big hands. “Don’t use your phone while I’m away, it might give you a headache. Just lie down and rest.”

Chanyeol nodded then slid down the bed and let Baekhyun pull up the covers to make sure he was warm and cozy. The petite man was about to leave when Chanyeol grabbed his hand and then pointed to his forehead. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but leaned in anyways. He placed a chaste kiss on the tall baby’s forehead, knowing that’s what he wanted. He also appreciated that his boyfriend didn’t ask one on the lips in fear of Baekhyun catching a fever as well.

“I’ll be back, Yeol.”

With that, Baekhyun exited the room and went to the kitchen. He wasn’t the best cook, so he was really thankful when Kyungsoo agreed to his request of making a simple chicken soup for Chanyeol. He noted in his head to return the favor in the future because he knew how busy the doe-eyed boy was nowadays.

When the soup was heating inside the microwave, Baekhyun grabbed a chair and dragged it so that he could reach the goddamn medicine cabinet which was too high for someone like him to reach.

‘I swear for something that we need at least five times a week, it’s so ing hard to get,” Baekhyun thought as he extended his hand to reach for the paracetamol. He successfully grabbed it, but due to his constant motion, the chair staggered causing him to fall ungracefully on the floor on his .

He knew he made quite a noise because he could hear loud footsteps coming from the bedroom. Chanyeol probably went out of bed to check if he was okay. Baekhyun figured this out and shouted,

“I’m fine, Chanyeol! Go back to bed or else!”

The footsteps stopped for a while then Baekhyun heard it again, this time he was sure Chanyeol padded away back to the comforts of the bed. He sighed and stood up, dusting off his backside and stretching it a bit to reduce the pain of the fall. The microwave beeped and the acting caretaker quickly grabbed a kitchen glove to retrieve the soup. He placed the bowl on a tray with a glass of water, a spoon, and the medicine he worked hard to get.

When all was set, Baekhyun carefully lifted the tray and headed to his patient’s room.

“Here you go, eat up,” he said as he placed the tray on the nightstand and handed Chanyeol the bowl and spoon, only to be refused with a shake of the latter’s head.

“You need to eat this, Yeol!” Chanyeol shook his head again. He pointed at Baekhyun then at the spoon then at himself. His boyfriend was initially puzzled until it dawned to him what Chanyeol was trying to say.

Baekhyun groaned and placed the bowl and spoon down before grabbing the nearest chair and placing it beside Chanyeol. When he was all set, he held the bowl of soup once again and scooped a portion of it with the spoon. Baekhyun made sure to blow it since it was hot before lifting up to his childish boyfriend’s lips.

Chanyeol accepted it happily and Baekhyun couldn’t refrain from smiling at the man’s antics.

“You’re such a baby when you’re sick… Wait, no, you’re already a baby so you’re babier..?” Baekhyun commented. Chanyeol let out a chuckle which eventually became a cough. Baekhyun patted his back and offered him the water.

When Chanyeol’s coughing fit was gone, Baekhyun continued feeding him until there was nothing left. He made sure that Chanyeol drank his medicine before tucking him once again. The rapper’s eyes were already dropping and Baekhyun took this that his lover wanted to get some sleep.

He grabbed the tray and was about to leave once again until Chanyeol pulled his shirt.

“I love you,” he said, although a bit inaudible because of his sore throat. Baekhyun smiled at the effort.

“I love you, too,” Baekhyun replied before leaning in to peck Chanyeol on the lips. To hell with catching a fever, his boyfriend was too cute to resist.

Chanyeol widened his eyes, but smiled anyway. He tugged at Baekhyun then with his free hand, patted the space beside him.

‘Come and sleep with me,’ he mouthed. He smiled wide when Baekhyun nodded as he placed the tray back on the nightstand then crawled his way to claim the space on the bed.

Chanyeol quickly took him in his embrace, wrapping his arms around the singer’s waist and pulling him closer. He felt the black mop of hair tickle his face and also felt Baekhyun’s hands making his way around his body as well.

Baekhyun placed a chaste kiss on Chanyeol’s chest directly at the place where his heart should be, which Chanyeol responded with one on the man’s forehead.

“Sleep already,” he heard Baekhyun mumble. Chanyeol looked down to see the boy’s eyes coming to a close and soon enough the puppy-like yelps were heard. He sighed contently before shutting his eyes.

Chanyeol drifted off to sleep in no time, knowing fully well that the man he wanted to spend all his days with, may it be the good ones, the bad ones, and even the sick ones like this, was in his very arms.


two — with a hoarse voice, under the blankets.