hear my heartbeat thunder.

I love you, in so many ways.

hear my heartbeat thunder.


Chanyeol huffed in annoyance as he slammed his apartment’s door shut. He was currently drenched in rain and was leaving droplets all over the wooden floor as he walked over to the bathroom. He immediately discarded his soaked clothes and entered the shower. Chanyeol sighed in relief when the warm water hit his body. When he was done, he quickly wrapped a towel around his lower body and walked out to change into some clothes.

The pink-haired man looked out of his full-body sized windows and saw the rain still continuing its descent. It was stronger than before Chanyeol got home, so it only meant one thing: the weatherman was a ing liar. The old man in his television informed the general public that it would be a sunny day today with no chances of rain.

“Bull weather forecasts,” Chanyeol mumbled as he grabbed a hoodie and some sweatpants. He might as well be comfortable because he would be working in his apartment for the rest of the night, because the ty rain messed up the electricity in his studio.

Yes, Park Chanyeol was a top producer in the music industry. Composing and writing hit songs for many idols, he gained popularity almost instantly; however, it wasn’t exactly an easy task. It required sleepless nights and tons of research to ensure that no plagiarism was to happen. Nevertheless, Chanyeol loved his job, and would continue his work at home despite having the weather as a passable excuse.

He huddled inside his little office that he set up in his apartment, in case there were times he wouldn’t be able to work in his studio, like right now. It was serene for some time before a flash of light suddenly appeared followed by a loud sound of thunder. Chanyeol jumped in his rolling chair, surprised that he heard the thunder despite wearing his headphones. He glanced at his windows once again and saw that the rain was pouring hard, almost as if it was a storm.

Chanyeol should probably watch a different channel in the morning because the current one he was tuned into obviously gave false weather reports.

He turned back to his work and increased the volume. Soon, he was bopping his head to a fresh beat he made, completely oblivious of the frantic knocking on his apartment door. Only when he stood up for a break did he hear it.

“Chanyeol? Chanyeol, are you there?” A shaking voice called.

Said man widened his eyes and looked outside to see the rain stronger than ever accompanied by lightning and thunder. Very. Very. Very. Loud. Thunder.

“,” he whispered as he hurriedly opened the door. He expected the tackle that came right after as he held the whimpering petite man in his arms.

“I-I t-thought you weren’t h-home!” The black-haired visitor cried. “I was dying outside! It was so scary!”  

“I’m so sorry, Baekhyun. I completely forgot you were scared of lightning and thunder,” Chanyeol whispered while patting the boy’s back in hopes of calming him down. He closed the door and with his strength, carried Baekhyun to the living room with no difficulty.

The couple laid down on the couch with Baekhyun still encased in Chanyeol’s arms. Byun Baekhyun was his cute and smart boyfriend for four years. The one who inspired him to pursue his dreams of becoming a producer, and the one he often asked to sing his demos for him. Baekhyun currently owned a successful bakery in Seoul and he was currently in work when the rain started. Chanyeol felt guilty that it didn’t even cross his mind to call his astraphobic boyfriend.

“I-It’s o-AHH!” Baekhyun screamed as thunder once again boomed loudly. Chanyeol tightened his hold around his lover while whispering comforting words such as I’m here and It won’t hurt you in his ears. However, phobias weren’t all that easy to cure so Baekhyun was still shaking and crying in his arms.

Chanyeol honestly hated when this happened. He hated seeing Baekhyun crying because of fear. He hated seeing Baekhyun crying. Period.

“Wait a minute, I’m gonna get something that might help you,” Chanyeol said as he sat up and placed Baekhyun on the couch. The other guy whimpered because he didn’t want to be left alone. Chanyeol smiled before placing a chaste kiss on his lips, “I promise I’ll be quick.”

And Chanyeol was. Using his long legs the right way, he dashed around the place, grabbing the following: an mp3 player, his best earphones, fluffy blankets and pillows, and Baekhyun’s favorite hoodie of his.

“I’m back,” he announced as he quickly lifted Baekhyun up to slip the hoodie on. He placed the pillows in a way that they’ll both be comfortable. He laid down on the couch with Baekhyun in between his legs, head on his chest with both of them covered with the blanket. Finally, Chanyeol plugged the earphones in the mp3 player and chose a ballad song Chanyeol has composed for singer Do Kyungsoo.

This was all done in record time before another flash of lightning graced the sky and the expected thunder following. Baekhyun was shocked but quickly calmed down when he realized the sound of thunder was muffled by his favorite singer’s soothing voice.

“Is it helping?” Chanyeol asked, looking down on his boyfriend. Baekhyun nodded, but frowned when he realized that his lover didn’t get to hear the song.

He removed one earpiece and placed it in Chanyeol’s ear. The taller immediately refused.

“You need both to mute the thunder, Baek.”

Baekhyun smiled and shook his head, “I can always listen to this instead,” he said before placing his earpiece less ear above Chanyeol’s beating heart.

Chanyeol almost squealed at the sight, “It’s beating just for you. I love you.”

Baekhyun looked up and laughed, “It’s beating, so that it could supply blood to your body, you cheesy dumbo!” He placed a short kiss on his boyfriend’s lips, “But I’m glad to know that.”

“And?” Chanyeol urged, a content smile on his lips.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but gave another kiss, “And I love you too.”

The couple continued cuddling as the rain continued pouring outside. The lightning and thunder were beginning to lessen, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun paid no attention to it as they were in their own world.

They soon drifted off to sleep; Chanyeol, with the help of his boyfriend’s puppy-like whimpers and Baekhyun, with the help of his boyfriend’s thunderous heartbeat.

 

 

 

“Hey, love?” Chanyeol called. It was the next day and this time, hopefully, the sun will continue to shine.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t you have a key to my apartment? Why did you have to knock?” The producer continued. Baekhyun widened his eyes.

“, I totally forgot! I only brought my apartment keys with me to work!” he said, slapping a hand on his forehead. Chanyeol just laughed and hugged his boyfriend from behind, placing his chin on the puppy boy’s shoulder.

“Then, why don’t you just…” Chanyeol trailed. Baekhyun moved his head to the side to look at Chanyeol.

“Hmm?”

“Why don’t you just move in with me?”

And the whole morning was filled with kisses and cuddles as the sun held its place outside in the sky. The weatherman was fortunately right this time; it was indeed a bright day.


twenty — as we huddle together, the storm raging outside.

 

 

a/n: hello! i'm sorry for not updating for so long ;; i had no time since i was doing things at school and having little to no sleep because of exo haha! BUT HAVE YOU HEARD THE WAR ALBUM THOUGH ISTG IT'S MAJESTIC I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! and let's continue to support exo together~ i promise i'll update as much as i can~ (p.s. did you see chanbaek during that nature republic video kjashflkejrhfd domestic feels i'm so close to writing one + also i'm gonna start crossing out the numbers on the foreword, so everyone's updated about how many i'm left with ;;)