this weird feeling called love.

I love you, in so many ways.

this weird feeling called love.


Chanyeol was feeling weird lately. It wasn’t exactly bad weird, but weird. However, it wasn’t all the time would he feel this weirdness; he would feel it when a certain someone was around especially after this certain someone confessed his love to him during his birthday. Whenever this person approached him or even just merely passed, a burst of giddiness and a kaleidoscope of butterflies ran through his body. Cliché, he knows, but it’s what he feels.

And if you’re asking who might have rendered Park Chanyeol capable of feeling this weird, it’s no other than Byun Baekhyun, one of Chanyeol’s best friends.

Baekhyun decided to confess his love to Chanyeol during Chanyeol’s birthday celebration after staying back and helping Chanyeol clean his place. Chanyeol was shocked at first and Baekhyun understood why. Well, it’s not everyday your best friend confesses his feelings to you, but Baekhyun was so kind and patient about it. He didn’t coerce a response from Chanyeol immediately and decided to wait for his answer.

“Whenever you’re ready to give me an answer, may it be good or bad, I’ll take it. Just promise me that we’ll stay friends if you know,” Baekhyun has said.

Chanyeol smiled and gave him a brief hug. Baekhyun was always understanding and seemed to care for people’s feelings more than his, but since then Chanyeol has put more thought into his relationship with Baekhyun.

He thought about how Baekhyun’s smile can light up a whole room. How once he sings, he can silence a so many people because his voice is just that amazing. How his comforting hugs feel like coming home; and many more.

Since then, this weird feeling kept bothering him and Chanyeol being Chanyeol, did the most Chanyeol thing he could ever think of.

Avoid Baekhyun at all cost.

Well, until he figured out what this weird feeling was. So whenever Baekhyun at the most calls his name, he’s quick to make up excuses or quick to pretend to do something even the things he almost never do.

So, when Sehun called him asking him if he wanted to watch a movie with the rest of the group as Junmyeon’s treat, the first question he asked was,

“Is Baekhyun coming?”

Sehun sounded so confused, “Of course? I mean when did Baekhyun hyung ever pass on free stuff? Why? Did something happen between you two?”

“Nothing, I just forgot that I have to do something!” Chanyeol said, completely not clearly answering Sehun’s question.

“Wait, are you avoiding him?” Sehun asked.

Chanyeol panicked and hung up on his friend. It might have been a wrong move because for sure Sehun will tell Baekhyun and then Baekhyun will have the wrong idea and he didn’t want that. But what can he do now?

He spent the next 30 minutes laying down on his couch thinking of an actual excuse or at least a perfect description of that ‘something’ he needed to do. When he was ready to call Sehun again to make up for the confusing phone call conversation earlier, a sudden knock on the door interrupted his dialing.

“Who is it?” Chanyeol absentmindedly asked.

“It’s me. Can I come in?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. He knew that voice. It was Baekhyun.

“Uh, yes? What do you want?” Chanyeol asked, without exactly answering Baekhyun’s question if he can enter.

“We need to talk, Park.”

Oh no, Baekhyun only used his last name whenever it was a serious conversation they were having or in this case, will have.

“I’m sick! You might catch it if you come in!” Another lame excuse.

“You sound perfectly fine, Park! I know you’re avoiding, so let’s just talk for a while!”

Chanyeol sighed, Baekhyun can always see through him. He walked to the door and opened it. Once Baekhyun was in sight, he immediately felt weird again.

Baekhyun looked ethereal. Despite wearing simple jeans and a cream sweater, he looked so beautiful. The weird feeling was growing, and it made Chanyeol’s heartbeat so fast.

Chanyeol let Baekhyun in and the lad grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and led him to the living room of his small apartment and asked him to sit on the sofa. There it is again, the weird feeling growing as the feeling of Baekhyun’s hand lingered on his. Chanyeol was in a daze as Baekhyun stood before him.

“Are you even listening?” Baekhyun’s slightly annoyed voice snapped him out of it.

“I’m sorry, what?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun sighed, “Look if you’re bothered about my confession so much to the point that you’re avoiding me then just forget about it.”

Hearing this Chanyeol immediately shook his head, “No, Baekhyun! It’s not that! It’s just…”

“Just what, Chanyeol? Just weirded out that I love you more than a friend?” Baekhyun scoffed at this, but Chanyeol thought different.

Love?

 

Love…

 

 

 

Love!

Oh my gosh, Park Chanyeol loves Byun Baekhyun. This weird emotion he’s feeling is love. How could he not know? The giddiness, the feeling of butterflies, the way he felt happy yet nervous with Baekhyun.

“I love you,” Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun stilled not believing what he heard. He must have heard it wrong.

“E-Excuse me?” Baekhyun stuttered.

“I love you!” Chanyeol exclaimed, eyes bright and wide. He stood up from his seat and hugged Baekhyun.

“Byun Baekhyun, I love you!” Chanyeol said, calmer, but still with that awe and excitement in discovering this feeling that has been bothering him for so long.

“What?” Baekhyun asked, not truly believing. It was surprising and unexpected so Chanyeol can’t blame him.

“I love you,” Chanyeol repeated, “I think I’ve felt and known it for a while, but only now have I realized it,” he said, letting go of Baekhyun to look him in the eyes.

“Are you serious?” Baekhyun asked, still not believing it.

“I am, Baek. I love you, and I’ll repeat it for many times until you believe me.”

Baekhyun blushed, “Shut up! Fine I believe you! But you still have to explain the avoiding part!”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Of course, love.

And Baekhyun blushed once more.

 

 

 

 

 

“So, you’re telling me you avoided me because you were getting this weird feeling when you were around me?”

“Yes.”

“And you’ve only realized that it was love today?”

“All thanks to you.”

“You’re so stupid!”

“Stupidly in love with you.”


thirty-one in awe, the first time you realized it