i'll never forget you.

I love you, in so many ways.

i'll never forget you.


Chanyeol hastily grabbed the bouquet placed on top of his office table and headed outside. Today was a busy day, with all the new contractors and all the new clients waiting to be entertained by the CEO, so he absolutely had no time to head outside the quarters of the company’s building. However, as much as it was a busy day, today was also a special day for the business man.

He swiftly entered his car and with one glance at the small picture he kept clipped on his dashboard, he drove off.

When he arrived at his destination, Chanyeol quickly parked near the place he knew by heart. He stepped out of his vehicle and stalked over to finally talk to the person he desperately missed.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol greeted as he took a seat. “How are you?”

“You know, today is a really busy day and I don’t actually have the luxury to stay long here, so I’m sorry.”

Chanyeol smiled, “But I’m here today, am I not? I couldn’t miss your birthday, you know that.”

“Happy birthday, Byun. I hope your old age isn’t making you forget me because I’m not forgetting you even a bit,” Chanyeol chuckled and held the flowers out.

“I brought you flowers! Pink carnations, you’re favorite. It seemed fit since I remembered you telling me how they meant ‘I’ll never forget you’,” he smiled at the memory of his petite lover blabbering about the history of flowers and how they were used to express different things in the Victorian era.

“Oh, I think you also told me how they signified a mother’s love and I hope you know that’s not what I meant!” Chanyeol laughed before his eyes shifted downwards. His chuckles turned to choked sobs as he placed the bouquet on top of the stone that read Byun Baekhyun.

“You’ve been gone for so long, Baek,” he cried. “I honestly don’t know how to move on, Baek. I honestly don’t know how I can continue like this.”

Chanyeol bowed his head, letting the tears fall, “I miss you, so much Byun Baekhyun. If I only…”

He took a sharp intake of breath, “If I only stopped you from leaving. You don’t know how much I regret letting you go that night.”

Chanyeol took out a shaky hand to caress the name and the dates carved into the stone, feeling all the guilt come back to him like a weight pulling down his heart down. He ached so much for Baekhyun to return, but it was too late.

“I love you,” Chanyeol whispered. “I love you and I’m so sorry I never told you that night.”

Chanyeol sobbed violently until his body shook with every cry he let out. A cry of regret, of guilt, of a love too late to confess. Byun Baekhyun was already gone and no matter how many times Chanyeol whispered his affection, Baekhyun would not be able to hear it.

When he has calmed down and regained his composure, the CEO let out a small smile as he wiped his tears with his cuffs. Before he walked back to his car, he took one last glance on the gravestone surrounded by grass and wildflowers, like a humble flower crown for the most beautiful person resting beneath it.

A small white butterfly made its way to sit on top of the bouquet of pink Carnations as Chanyeol’s luxurious vehicle sped away.


twenty-eight — when i am dead.