24 Hours Ago (II)

I feel it coming (you don't have to run)

The other guy stepped out of the wardrobe with his bare chest puffed up, and the way he addressed Taehyung was to assume an equal footing.

"Aren't you just an ex? It's not up to you if he decides to get with me."

Taehyung seethed. “He’s coming with me.” 

With anxious eyes, Taehyung looked towards Jimin for affirmation, but Jimin just gave him a dazed stare with little bearing on his emotions. Taehyung never felt more defeated.

The other guy picked up the visual cues of Taehyung’s despairing mood, and continued to fan the flames. 

“You sure about that?” He sneered. “Why don’t you ask Jimin if he’d let you stay instead? I’d allow it.”

“Back off, Jeon Jungkook.” Jimin warned the arrogant male who was trying to break Taehyung down.

“Oh come on, how long are you going to baby him? Tae Tae, have you eaten? Tae Tae, did you sleep well?” Jungkook mimicked in a salty manner. “We all burn in hell tomorrow anyway, so why don’t you let him make his own decisions?”

"Why don't you drop that attitude?" Jimin's rising temper was a step away from socking Jungkook. "As far as I'm concerned I didn't ask you to come over either, so GET. OUT.“ 

Jungkook had his mouth hanging open in protest, but he noticed that Jimin's attention was solely on Taehyung at this point in time, and Taehyung was just trying to deal with the 1001 things running through his mind. Jungkook decided this was not his fight, and the easiest thing to do would be to stand aside.

"Fine. I'd rather be ing than talking anyway.' Jungkook took his time on his way out of the room, scowling at Taehyung for being a hindrance. "Just so you know, I have exes on speed dial too, Jimin. If you're not out in 10 minutes, I'm gone. You choose."

Jimin was shaken that this is all his relationship with Jungkook amounted to. The world is going to end tomorrow, and Jungkook only has 10 minutes to spare for him. Whatever happened to Forever. Jimin always knew Forever was a hoax, and only exists in fairytales. He'd learnt it the hard way. 

"Is this what you wanted?" Taehyung finally broke his silence. His voice was controlled, calm. Eerily so. Jimin would rather bear the blunt of Taehyung's rage than to see his shoulders trembling with effort to suppress the tidal emotions.

No. Jimin wanted to say in response to Taehyung's judgemental tone. Not you too. Even you despise me. Don't you?

But Jimin doesn't ask, because what he doesn't know can't hurt him. He was used to avoiding feelings, especially the lack of it. So he found himself spitting out instead, "What do you want me to do? He came to me acting all needy, I didn't think—"

"OF COURSE YOU WEREN'T THINKING!" Taehyung's voice boomed and stunned Jimin into losing the tension in his jaw. "After all this time, you should know better. Has he ever needed you?"

Taehyung sounded so bitter that Jimin could forgive the scorn directed at him. Taehyung was never so harsh with him. He must have a reason for being mad. Jimin didn't want Taehyung to leave with any hard feelings, so he tried a smile for reconciliation. Taehyung watched Jimin put on a weak smile as he drew closer to the bed and gently cupped Taehyung's chin in his palms.

"You have to go. Your family is waiting. Let's not argue anymore, please?" 

Taehyung's cheeks fell with a soft frown, melting into Jimin's touch. "N-no...you don't understand. I need you. Why won't you come with me?"

Taehyung slipped his hand over Jimin's, tightening his grip with entreaty and grappling with the fact that Jimin seemed ready to say his goodbyes.

"Taehyung ah... What difference does it make?" Jimin raised his fingers to thread lightly through Taehyung's hair, as his other hand remained in Taehyung's firm hold. Sensing anxiety radiating from Taehyung's clammy hands, Jimin leaned over him with the softest of smiles, ready to pull him into a hug.  "I have no friends or relatives in Daegu, it doesn't make sense for me to go. I appreciate you asking me along for company but your family needs you more and—"

"Is that all it is to you?" Taehyung felt like he had been hit by a truck, and the impact of the harsh truth was finally dawning on him.

"What—" Jimin felt Taehyung repelling his touches and shaking his head vigorously as though he were shaking sense into himself.

"You appreciate me asking you along for company?? Do you hear how ridiculous you sound right now? Why are you acting like a stranger??"

"I'm n-not— I just— I don't know... What are we supposed to be?"

 

 


 

Author's Note A/N:

This is like 10 times harder to write than my previous fic, I need strong power thank you