7 Months Ago (II)

I feel it coming (you don't have to run)

"Everyone starts off as friends, Jimin... But not everyone is worth trusting. Unlike you, I don't have so many friends and I'm only here in this bloody place because you called and said you needed me. But if you're already surrounded by friends, maybe I should just go? After all, I'm just another one of your "friends" right?"

Jimin's face fell with a frown. "What are you saying? Didn't you hear what I said to Chanyeol?"

"That you're with me? What does that even mean, Jimin?"

"It means we're together? What else could it be?"

"Together? As in dating?"

"Yes."

"Oh. So I just conveniently become your boyfriend overnight, just because one of your inner circle friends is here. I guess we become an official couple the moment they start to gossip about us?"

"YOU called me your boyfriend."

"So he would KEEP HIS ING HANDS OFF YOU!!!" Taehyung yelled, and Jimin backed away in alarm.

Realizing that he had failed to keep his anger in check, Taehyung drew back in regret and decided that silent misery suited him better than hot-headedness.

And yet, Taehyung was desperate for Jimin to see how they have drifted apart, and how badly he wanted his Jimin back.

His Jimin would laugh like he was not afraid of anything. His Jimin would have held his hand for no reason at all, and not as proof of some stupid relationship status. His Jimin would have ing kissed his hand even, like when 6 year old Taehyung fell at the playground and a painful bruise was forming over his knuckles, Jimin felt like he had to do something to stop him from crying, so he kissed Taehyung's hand with a dopey grin. Taehyung's hand flew across Jimin's face in reflex, and Jimin had cried like a thunderstorm. Taehyung was eventually grounded, but Jimin came over anyway and watched cartoons with him. That was when they were kids, but the memory replayed in Taehyung's mind like yesterday. It hurt to constantly live in the past, but Taehyung felt like he had nothing else to hold on to anymore.

They were so good together. Now Jimin wouldn't even talk to Taehyung unless in a social setting with his fingers wrapped around a beer, barely sober. Why wouldn't Jimin talk to him? 

"Why are you doing this? Getting drunk then calling me to clean up after you? Am I your ing servant?"

Jimin cringed at Taehyung's harsh tone as he glowered at him.

"So now that we're dating, do I have to you off too?"

"W-what—"

"And everyone gets to touch you, while I watch on the sidelines? Is that my role as your boyfriend?" Taehyung rattled on in a tirade.

Jimin stooped his head, unable to protest because Taehyung has been keeping him out of trouble for the past few weeks while he drank himself to death and let loose. Jimin had been acting like a love fool. 

 "How exclusive." Taehyung spat out in frustration, turning away in a bid to leave. "Do whatever you want. Just don’t count on me anymore."

"No please— Wait." Jimin latched on to Taehyung. "Please, don't leave... I'm sorry okay? I get lost and I stop thinking... and then the drinking makes it worse... or better... I don't know...  I've been stupid..."

An agonised groan left his lips as his migraine intensified, and he blinked his eyes to diffuse the flashing disco lights. He was starting to lose control of his motor senses as the hard liquor he drank earlier settled in his system. He stumbled forward and Taehyung caught him, resulting in their faces being so close that Taehyung could feel Jimin's breath fanning his cheeks.

"Taetae... Are you jealous right now..." Jimin smiled with half lidded eyes, seeming pleased that Taehyung cared enough to be upset. "Is that why you're mad at me?"

Taehyung raised his hand to keep Jimin at bay, shunning his lips that were determined to close the distance.

"What do you want from me, Jimin? Stop playing games." Taehyung huffed in exasperation. 

"S'not a game..." Jimin drawled as he burrowed his head into Taehyung's chest. "Need you here... with me..."

"Don't pass out on me again." Taehyung warned, as he tousled the stray locks of honey brown hair crowning Jimin's head.

"You'd take care of me..." Jimin's voice was muffled and ended on an unsteady note. "—w-wo-won't you..."

"I don't know anymore..." Taehyung felt Jimin's body stiffen as he detached himself, warm hands still rubbing Jimin's shoulders comfortingly.

"It hurts that I can't help you get over him..."

Taehyung stared into Jimin's eyes as though begging for understanding, and his smile looked so broken that Jimin was sure Taehyung had come to a point where nothing was worth saving anymore. Their years of friendship, their intimacy, the bond they shared... Jimin was losing the only person who ever cared for him. 

"Tae... I'm sor-rey... m so sor-ry..." A drunk Jimin cried. "You've b-been s-so good to me... I know..."

"Will you st-stay a little longer..." Jimin's speech came out in sad hiccups as the cloud of intoxication settled over him. "Pu-puh-please? I dunno... wa-what's wrong... with me... wanted to for-or-get... so I dra-ank.. I pra-promise to... treat y-you the best now..."

"There's nothing I can do for you, Jimin..." Taehyung gripped Jimin's wrists miserably as Jimin strove to dive back into his arms. "You won't even be honest with me..."

"I need you, Tae..." Tears overflowed from Jimin's eyes, and his small pudgy fingers interlaced with Taehyung's slender ones. "You're the o-oun-only one w-who ma-makes it okay... It's har-hard to say... how bad it hur-erts... wanna not th-think any...more... not feel an-anymore."

"Please Taetae..." sobs Jimin. "Please take the pain away..."

Jimin's knees gave way and he fell into a begging posture, hands upraised and still connected to Taehyung's. His head sank low as though sapped of energy and it seemed like he would never regain the courage to identify himself in public as Park "ing Perfect" Jimin ever again. The whole campus probably knew by now that he had been done dirty. Now nobody was on his side, except for Taehyung. Why didn't he cherish Taehyung earlier? 

Taehyung hoisted Jimin up with an arm secured over his waist, and took him away from the prying eyes of their frat mates. He led Jimin to a quiet corner in one of those typical glass-doored karaoke booths, and even as he lay him down on the couch to rest, Jimin's anxiety would not settle. 

"Tae..." Jimin dragged Taehyung in by his collar till they were both on the couch, Jimin's arm cushioning Taehyung's head. "Will you sta-ay... and t-take care of me..."

Jimin burped and giggled at his silliness. "Let's forge-get the unhappy stuff... I'd... make you happy..."

A mobile phone started to ring somewhere in the room and it disrupted his coquettish mood. Jimin giddily extracted the phone out from his jacket and switched it to silent mode before tossing it aside.

The phone landed with its screen in Taehyung's full view, and as Jimin's breath lingered over his lips with quivering desire to taste and ascertain if love remained between them, Taehyung's eyes skimmed over a newly received text message from an unknown number.

Jimin baby... y u block me??

sorry I was rough on u... tot u liked going hard...

are u wif kim taehyung 2 get back at me??

we'd use safewords next time ok? 

stop sulking n come back 2 me ;)

Taehyung could tell from that the messages were from Jungkook, and he froze on seeing his own name flash across the mobile phone screen. Was Jimin serious about cutting off Jungkook? But Jungkook made it sound like they were just having a lovers' tiff...

"Tae..." Jimin cupped Taehyung's cheeks and commanded his full attention when he kissed him so deeply that Taehyung's back sank in the couch and left a slight imprint. Taking the upper hand of being on top Jimin flanked Taehyung's sides with his elbows and knees, effectively pinning him down as he slowly worked his tongue into Taehyung's mouth.

Jimin desperately wanted Taehyung to know that he was his and noone else's. He wanted to be Taehyung's favourite person again.

Even if Jungkook went about telling the whole school that Jimin is his property, and even if Jimin knows he's way too ed up to be deserving of Taehyung's love, in this moment Jimin felt his black and bruised heart warming like ember sparks rising amidst ashes when Taehyung kissed him back.

Just because he was needy... and because he kept whispering to Taehyung in his moment of truth like a muted love confession...

"I only have you..."

 


Author's Note:

I bled my heart and soul for this chapter... spent a full day writing this... and overcame a massive mental block... Do you like this chapter?? Sure hope so...

Jimin is not a bad guy here... I love him very much... I've made him suffer *augh* This story will end on a good note, don't worry... There's hope yet! Jiminie needs to love himself... 

Also, the Jungkook texting saga hasn't ended yet... in fact, it will hurt Taehyung's feelings in the next chapter... Stay tuned! Would love it if you leave me a sign of support for this story :)