The News

Unstable

The door was unlocked which Tae thought that it was strange and it was pitch black in their house. He couldn’t see anything. He thought at first that Kookie was already asleep, but he saw the console . Tae got scared so much. He searched for Kookie everywhere in the house. He was nowhere to be found. The only room he didn’t check was Tae’s own room and as soon as he opened the door, someone jumped on his back and started to scream very loudly. Tae got very scared. It turned out that the person was Jungkook.

Tae: “KOOKIE! WHY DID YOU DO THAT? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU SCARED THE OUT OF ME! WHY DID YO-?”

Kookie: “Relax, I was at the shop in front of our house.”

Tae: “And you left the door open?”

Kookie: “I… I didn’t?”

Tae: “Don’t with me… I could’ve walked in without using my keys…”

Kookie: “I’m serious! I locked it!”

With those words said Tae and Kookie looked around the house. They searched every inch of it. Nothing has been stolen or broken. They’ve even searched if any kind of cameras were placed somewhere. Nothing. Tae sighed in relief.

Kookie: “I think we should both sleep in the living room this night, just for safety.”

V agreed. They both laid on the couch and tried to sleep but Taehyung’s phone rang. It was a private number. He thought to himself what will happen if he answers but he did anyways. He picked it up quietly so he wouldn’t wake up his best friend. The silence remained. There was no sound coming out of the phone what so ever. Tae got scared so he cut off the line. Who could’ve been? Why is this happening all of a sudden? All of those thoughts went through boy’s mind. He didn’t know what to do besides to rest for now and so he did. He calmed down and closed his eyes.

The next morning came. It was Monday so Tae had to go to work while Kookie stays at home and does the housework. Tae worked in at the police office. He wasn’t really comfortable there because he worked as an inspector. For that you kinda needed to be cooperative, but because of his shyness he only talked to 3 other people there. He talked with boss when necessary and with 2 of his college because they were friendly to everyone so he didn’t mind them. He dressed up and cooked some food so when Kookie gets up he won’t die out of hunger. Because he had some extra time, he decided to turn on the TV just to see the news. But something strange happened. There were special news coming up. The reporter was replaced by an inspector which Tae knew because they were in the same team, and then he started talking.

The inspector: “Important news. A kidnapper is on lose. There was an accident reported yesterday evening when J.H. saw the door of his house unlocked which he thought was strange because his roommate was still there and he always locks them. He got in the house and his roommate Min Y. was nowhere to be found. Please check everything, check your windows and the doors that lead in the house. I repeat, a kidnapper is on lose!”

Tae was kinda in shock because his boss didn’t even bother informing him. He immediately checked every single window and the entrance door. One window was open. Tae got the chills. The bastard was here… He could’ve kidnap Jungkook… He locked every single window and left a note on the table which said that Kookie should rewind the morning news to see the repot. After that he check on Kookie who was still sleeping like a baby. Tae sighed in relief. He went outside, locked the door and went straight to work.

The day passed and Tae was leaving the station as he was greeting his boss. He finally got home and talked with Jungkook. Tae and Jungkook discussed about what happened on the news today and made a strategy on how to block the kidnapper if something like that happened. It was around 8pm so Tae decided to make dinner for the both of them. He made them french toast with some cream on top. They’ve eaten it with Jungkook giving complements on Tae’s cooking but was cut off by Tae’s phone. It was ringing. Tae took a deep breath before looking who is calling him and fortunately it was Jimin.

Jimin: “Hey… so… um…” – Jimin became shy for a second.

Tae: “What is it, is everything okay?”

Jimin: “Yeah, I’m totally fine, but um… I finished the practice, wanna meet up?”

Tae: “Oh… okay, sure!”

Jimin: “Okay, see you…”

The phone call ended.

Tae: “I’m sorry Kook bu—“

Jungkook: “It’s okay, go! Don’t make him wait!”

Tae: “F… fine… I’m sorry…”

Jungkook: “Don’t be, okay? Maybe something important happened.”

Tae: “Okay, call me if anything happens.”

Jungkook: “You know I will!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running towards the studio, Tae saw Jimin in the distance. Jimin was shaking like crazy, like his body would go numb in any second. When V came next to him, he saw that tears were pouring down his beautiful and soft face. In the response to what he saw in that moment, Tae hugged Jimin tightly.

Tae: “J… Jimin? What’s wrong?”

Jimin: “I… I’m scared…”

Tae: “Hey, hey. It’s okay, why don’t we go to my place and let you rest for a bit. After you calm down, you can tell me what happened. Okay?” which on Jimin nodded because he didn’t have enough strength to speak anymore.

Tae gave Jimin support because it felt like he would collapse if he continues walking alone. They finally got there. Tae called Jungkook to help Jimin and give him a seat. Jungkook in shock looked at the hot mess and helped.

Tae: “Okay, now. Jimin, tell me what happened?”

Jimin: “The person that was kidnapped… He is my close friend… His name is Min Yoongi. I couldn’t think straight at all… I practice with Jung Hoseok… his roommate… Today he didn’t even show up and when I called to check on him, he was crying so hard… What if something like this happens again? What if this happens to any one of us?”

Tae: “Calm down Jimin, the police is investigating. I’m sure they’ll figure out something. The kidnapper surely isn’t going to kill him… I know it… They don’t do that, okay?” Tae didn’t want to say Jimin that he works as an investigator. He thought that Jimin would be very angry at him

Jimin: “I… I sure hope so…”

Tae: “Do you live with anyone Jimin?”

Jimin: “… N… no…”

Jungkook interrupts them in concern.

Jungkook: “Jimin-hyung, you’ll be living in our house until that bastard is caught. Tae go with him and take the important stuff from his house and bring it here.” Which they immediately did. Soon enough, they brought some of his clothes and some of his hygiene stuff like toothbrush, towels and so on… But now the question was, where will he sleep?

Jimin: “I’m fine anywhere to be honest. I can sleep on the floor, no biggie.”

Tae: “You’re not going to sleep on the floor, don’t say nonsense!”

Jungkook: “I think that he should sleep with you.” – He points on Tae.

Tae: “M… me?”

Jungkook: “Yes, you! If he sleeps on the couch, his back would hurt and plus it’s safer because one door separates us, you’d have run to the living room if the kidnapper walks in and if he walks in my room, you can just open the door.”

Tae: “Good point… but still…”

Jungkook: “No buts!”

Jimin: “I agree with Kookie! I think it’s the safest way.”

Tae blushed but eventually agreed… It was kinda late so they all said their good nights and went to sleep.

I wanted to post this chapter ealier but the thing is that it got deleted so I had to rewrite the whole thing... I hope you guys like it!