Happily Married

Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You?

The shack had seen its better days there was no arguing that. The door was falling off its hinges no matter how hard Kibum and me tried to fix it. The windows that where already slightly cracked became worse. The shack needed a new paint job inside and out. And it was in desperate need of some furniture.

"What we going to do?" Kibum asked as Once again the door fell off its hinges. It was getting to the point if the door stayed on for twenty minutes we where lucky.

"Fix it I guess.
I said as we sat on the floor just looking at the opposite wall covered in thumbtacks and pictures that he had taken. On the floor nearby was a stack of notebooks filled with story ideas and notes passed between the two of us in class.

"We need money for that." He said sleepily as he fell asleep against the wall until the door fell down again jolting him awake once again.

"Well than we get jobs." I said as I too began to fall asleep.

"That's a good idea..." Soon I was fast asleep on Kibum's lap the most comforting and welcoming place in the world second only to being in his arms.

And that was that soon most of our conversations on IM was about paint and things we would need to buy for the shack. We decided that sense we couldn't put a carpet we would in a rug. We would put a bed there so we wouldn't need to buy a couch.

I got a job at the grocery store as a cashier and Kibum got a job in a hardware store. We weren't paid much sense we where working part time. But we put every dime to rebuilding the shack.

I couldn't wait to see the out come of how the shack turned out.

Kibum's Point Of View
Mr. Carlton could be a real sometimes. Knowing I was in a need for money, he decoded to put me under hard labor. There must be some kind of Child Labor Laws that say he can't do this. But I think I'll save my complains for under my breath. I needed a job and he was the only one who was hiring.

A small smile came across my face as I thought of how Rachel would be so happy when we fixed that old place up. Personally, I couldn't wait until we put the bed in. Now when we take naps no more sleeping on hard concrete. I've never claimed to be anything than a normal guy.

"Boy! Can ya stay a little late and sweep the front steps and floor of the store oh and the walk to?"

Oh, you mean the floor, steps and walk I swept when I got here.

Mr. Carlton walked out the back of the store where I was piling lumber. Mr. Carlton must have been in his fifties maybe older but he was big and muscular. Yet all he did sense I started working here was drink iced tea and talk to customers.

Sure Mr. Carlton you’re paying me over time right?” I said half-serious and half-joking as I went and grabbed the broom to sweep the floor on to the steps. Mr. Carlton let out a gut busting laugh as soon as I said that.

Oh you’re funny boy…over time!” He continued to laugh at me…

Oh your funny boy Hahaha stupid motherer… I hate you I hope you drown in that ice tea you love so much.

I quickly swept and left before er I mean Mr. Carlton could find me more work to do and really started to break Child Labor Laws.

I walked home slowly enjoying the cool spring night air thinking. About what I’m not sure just what ever popped into my head. Rachel lived in that mindset because she always got her best ideas when she wasn’t really thinking about anything. I wonder if her parents will be ok with me staying the night again.

Probably not I mean what kind of parents would let a sixteen-year-old stay the night alone with their fifteen-year-old daughter. Not Rachel’s parents that’s for damn sure.

Why did we have to grow up? Why couldn’t we stop after the age of ten and just stay there? When the two of us could stay after dark and are yelled at and that would be it. Now we stay out and they ask us what we where doing? Was it or drinking or maybe we where smoking. When we where younger there wasn’t so many damn accusations. I could stay the night at my best friends house and not have to keep the door open just in case we started ’fooling around’. I wouldn’t have to sneak over after school because Rachel isn’t allowed to be home alone with me anymore.

I felt a vibration in my back pocket and pull out my cell phone. It’s Rachel with a text.

‘Hey My parents are out of town for the next week want to stay over while they are gone?’

I chuckle because my parents are out of town to and Hyung Joon is always out to. I slide open my keyboard and reply.

‘Sure I’ll be over when I pack some things.’ I guess that settles that. I smiled as for some reason the once cool air now seemed to cold and I rushed home to pack a weeks worth of clothes.

****

Rachel’s Point Of View

Kibum was over and we would be staying the whole week I was so excited. We hadn’t been able to spend much time together sense we started working but for not at least we would be spending more time together. My parents didn’t like me spending so much time with him anymore. I don’t understand we have been best friends for ten years why all of a sudden is it so different? I mean come on it’s just Kibum.

Kibum came over and we ate dinner, watched movies, took our showers and then crawled into my bed. We where just lying there thinking about things not saying a word.

“Hey Rachel remember when I asked you to marry me?” He asked laughing slightly as his arm hung over my waist.

“Yeah it was right after the three of us played with my dolls for the first time and Oppa went to the bathroom.” I said snuggling up to Kibum.

“I don’t know what I was thinking. I was six hadn’t really said a word to you and then all of a sudden ask ‘Will you marry me?’.” I could hear him shake is head from the rustling of the pillow.

“Didn’t I ask you what married was?” I asked giggling slightly.

“I thought it was something you asked someone when you wanted to be friends with them.” I started to feel my eyes droop all this talking was making me tired.

“Well we’re pretty happily married right?” I said my voice was getting lower from me falling asleep.

“Yup….night wifey.” He said as he to was falling asleep.

“Night Hubby.” I said and we both fell asleep.