2NE1 Cups Of Coffee

Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You?

Rachel's Point Of View


I nursed Bom to health and snuck her around so my parents would not know she was there. Neither of us believed that my parents would be ok with her living in our house. Bom told me about her mom and the string of boyfriends her mom had. She told me a lot but she never mentioned the one thing I wanted to learn. What had happened between her and Oppa. I could only guess it was not something she did not want to talk about.

She lived with me for a few weeks before my mom found out that Bom was living in my bedroom. She had brought a basket of my laundry to my room and found Bom watching TV. This would have been ok if I hadn't been at school for four hours. My mom naturally freaked out and accused Bom of being some kind of thief. Bom calmed down and told my
mom she was a friend of mine.

She also went on to explain how I as hiding her after she had left home after being nearly beaten to death. My mom was skeptical and said they would resolve this when I got home. When I got home, my mom gave me an earful first thing about letting strangers in my room. She didn't believe that I had known Bom for almost two years.

I told my mom about how Bom had shown up at the door badly beaten and I had to take care of her. She didn't believe a word I said until I told her she could ask Hyung Joon sense she didn't believe me. Which she did, as soon as I said that she stormed out of the house to the Kim's house. My mom came back sent me and Bom to my room and called my dad. He came home and they discussed the situation. Then they called Bom down and talked with her for a couple of hours.

She came into my room with a smile on her face.

"What happened? " I asked as she started to jump on my bed. I had never seen Bom this way and it was definitely a nice change.

"Your parents say they will let me live with you guys. On the condition, I get my G.E.D. And I have to take college classes and at least get my Associates degree. Which seemed only fair, I'm thinking about getting my degree in Small business management." Bom's eyes where wide as she talked about her idea. I was happy for her because I knew she would be able to succeed at it.

"What Kind of small business?" I asked and Bom grabbed my hands and made me start jumping with her. The two of us started to sing silly songs.

"I am going to open a Cafe with a small bookstore." From the look on her face, I knew she had the whole thing planned out.

"Where you give me free coffee right?" I asked as we fell on the bed.

"Sure why not." I had been only joking but she took me seriously.

"What will you call it?" I asked later that night, as we got ready for bed. Part of the agreement when she lived her was she gets her own room but we hadn't cleaned one out yet. So for the time being she would stay with me in my room.

"I'm going to call it 2NE1 cups of coffee." She said as we shared one last laugh and fell asleep.