Mini Series: Half Brothers: Prison

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Prison

 

        Jeonghan was left in the care of his hyung; nevertheless, Seungcheol was unsettled because it turned out that he needed to fight his rights for Jeonghan. He was threatened of his father and younger brother’s presence and considered them as his enemies. He was preparing himself for a battle that he had never fought before. He realized that that battle was a very critical one, and he must protect Jeonghan at all cost.

 

        He started being protective, or rather being a paranoid when it comes to Jeonghan’s safety. Every time his father was presenting a house for Jeonghan and Hansol to live, he always declines it as if he did not want them to go far from him. Sung Hoon, was really amazed on how Jeonghan changed his friend. He’s still cold, but he became a perfectionist and started acting like protective father because of Jeonghan. It surprised Sung Hoon that his best friend changed a lot, since his little brother came to his life; moreover, he was getting weirder of thinking how to fight his enemies over Jeonghan, which was his family. And the bad thing was, he’s getting really possessive of his pretty dongsaeng.

 

        On the other hand, Jeonghan started working at Seungcheol’s hotel as a receptionist, but he would just be there by the weekends. It’s either, he’d go to work one whole day, which would only take 1 day from his weekend; or half day every Saturdays and Sundays. It’s up to him if what schedule would work out for him. Seungcheol gave him the freedom to choose his preferred schedule. Truthfully, Seungcheol didn’t want him to work, so he could rest during his free time, but Jeonghan himself requested that he wanted to work.

 

        From that moment on, Seungcheol never take his eyes off his little brother. He always watched his activities and made sure he came in and out of their house at the right and exact time. While in the office, Sung Hoon noticed that Seungcheol kept on looking at if not his phone, his watch.

 

Sung Hoon:

Seungcheol-ah, what’s the matter? Is Da Eun coming back here today?

 

Seungcheol:

No, she postponed her schedule longer because she needed to be with her mother in the hospital.

 

Sung Hoon:

Then what are you looking at your phone and watch?

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan is not answering my messages.

 

Sung Hoon:

So?

 

Seungcheol:

He should be answering it now because it’s already his dismissal.

(Stomping his foot.)

 

Sung Hoon:

(He smirked about Seungcheol’s biggest problem of the day.)

Hey, he’s a grown up man and besides, maybe he’s with his friends or in the library.

C’mon, Cheol!

You’re amusing me.

(He laughed despite Seungcheol’s glare.)

Don’t worry, he’ll be fine.

 

        Seungcheol noticed that Sung Hoon was making fun of him, so he got back to his old self again.

 

Seungcheol:

I’m not worried about him. I’m worried about my dinner.

 

Sung Hoon:

You can just eat dinner outside with Hansol and me if you want.

 

Seungcheol:

No. I have to finish something at home.

 

Sung Hoon:

()

Since wh-

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, could you just stop talking?

 

Sung Hoon:

Why?

 

Seungcheol:

I am busy.

 

Sung Hoon:

Right! Busy waiting for Jeonghan’s message.

(He murmured)

He’s more in love with his brother than his fiancé.

       

        Sung Hoon realized that because Seungcheol seemed like he never misses his fiancé. Sometimes he wouldn’t bother to call her because he was too busy, that’s why Da Eun was always the first one to give him a call.

 

        After a while, an annoying young man came inside his office looking for him. It was his another little brother from his annoying step mother.

 

Seungcheol:

What the hell is he doing here?

 

        SungJae entered the room carelessly.

 

SungJae:

Hyung!

(He smiled like he always wanted his attention)

 

Seungcheol:

What are you doing here?

 

SungJae:

I came to give this invitation to you.

Did you forget?

It’s dad’s birthday next week.

 

Seungcheol:

So?

 

SungJae:

Well, we will have a party.

Dad told me that I should invite you and Jeonghanie hyung too.

(He smiled like a puppy.)

 

Seungcheol:

I’m not coming.

 

SungJae:

Can Jeonghanie-hyung come?

 

Seungcheol:

He’s not coming too.

He’s busy.

 

SungJae:

Why? But he said he’s not. He told me that he should consult you first that’s why I came here to ask your permission.

 

Seungcheol:

(He wore an irritated face.)

Since when you do meet?

 

SungJae:

Oh! I invited him for lunch. I fetched him at his school.

He’s wonderful, hyung!

(He told him happily.)

 

        Seungcheol got angry about hearing that.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t call me hyung!

He’s not coming!

I will give him jobs to do.

Is that clear?

 

SungJae:

Hyung, give me a job too.

I want to be with Jeonghanie hyung.

 

        The mad monster became more irritated when he heard SungJae calling Jeonghan comfortably in his nickname. Then, Cheol picked up his phone and dialed Jeonghan’s number. Once Jeonghan answered, he shouted at him.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya! Did you meet with SungJae?

 

Jeonghan:

(He replied in a form of whisper)

Ah, I met him earlier…

Wait hyung, I’m going out.

 

        Jeonghan was still in his classroom, discussing something with his classmates about their upcoming project. He did not want to distract the other members and excused himself for a bit.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, hyung?

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, are you ignoring my messages?

 

Jeonghan:

No… I am in a meeting now. Why?

 

Seungcheol:

You’re supposed to be home right now.

(Checked his watch)

 

Jeonghan:

But I need to be in this meeting for our project. I’ll go home right away.

 

Seungcheol:

I’ll fetch you there right now!

I’m really angry right now and don’t make me angrier or else I’ll kill you.

 

Jeonghan:

Fine. Wait for me. We’re almost done.

(With a pissed voice)

 

        The older ones became more sensitive because he was angry at the moment. That was why he noticed every sound Jeonghan made while talking to him over the phone. His range became bigger when he realized that Jeonghan’s voice was a little irritated.

 

Seungcheol:

Are you annoyed now?

 

Jeonghan:

Geeez! I can go home alone if you want!

You don’t need to wait for me if you want to go immediately.

Don’t worry, I’ll be there before 7.

I’ll hang up now.

(He recklessly hangs up the phone. Then he prepared himself because he already knows what would happen when he goes home.)

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

 

        Seungcheol redial Jeonghan’s phone number again; however, he was ignoring it. The irritated monster ignored everybody else in the company, including Sung Hoon and Sung Jae and went to Jeonghan’s school immediately.

 

        The young tycoon parked his car just before the front door of their school building and he started texting Jeonghan with numerous messages indicating that he was already in front of his school and he’s waiting. Jeonghan was a bit worried because he’s still scared of how monstrous Cheol would become after making him mad. He did not want to see his hyung that time because he knew what he had done this time. Poor Jeonghan. He was left with no choice but to go outside and meet his angry brother.

 

        Seungcheol opened his window as soon as he saw his hard-headed brother.

 

Seungcheol:

You know how long I’ve been waiting here?

(He raised his tone.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at his watch and calculated with his very annoyed face.)

7 minutes to be exact.

I told you that I can go home alone.

I’m not a child anymore. Tsk!

 

Seungcheol:

Ya… ya! You’re answering me back?!

 

Jeonghan:

You asked, right?

(He said sarcastically.)

 

Seungcheol:

Get in the car!

 

        Jeonghan got in the car and remained quiet because, he too was so irritated with Seungcheol’s bad mood. When they got home, Jeonghan immediately go to the kitchen and cook, while waiting for Hansol to wake up and greet him.

 

        After a while, he served the food and eat quietly.

 

Seungcheol:

(He finally initiated to talk.)

What was your meeting about?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s a research.

I’m going to sleep to my friend’s house. We have to finish something.

My classmate asked us to stay at his home next Wednesday, so we can finish our research.

 

Seungcheol:

I won’t allow you. I will fetch you by 11 pm.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?!

 

Seungcheol:

You will massage me.

(He couldn’t think of a better excuse.)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

Can’t we postpone it just for day?

 

Seungcheol:

No!

Just ask them to come here instead.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

 

Seungcheol:

(Curled his eyebrows more than Jeonghan did.)

Just do what I say. Wash the dishes after we eat and massage me.

(Commanded him with his low voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk! He’s like a very old man.

(He grunted)

 

        Seungcheol didn’t mind what Jeonghan said and started to enjoy teasing him again. The boss went to take his shower and greeted Hansol a kiss before going to bed because he knew that Hansol probably would not wake up because he was tired from his mini school, since he made a lot of friend and played the whole day. He didn’t even want to go home after their dismissal.

 

Seungcheol:

Good night, Hansol-ah.

(He smiled)

 

        Jeonghan, the slave, went to Seungcheol immediately after doing everything he needed to do. He too was sleepy, but since it was his duty, he still made time of it; even though, he was very tired from school. Meanwhile, the devil immediately fall asleep with Jeonghan’s soothing massage, so the angel had the reason to leave his hyung’s room early and review for their quiz the next day.

 

        As soon as Seungcheol woke up, he went to the kitchen for his breakfast. Unfortunately, there was no breakfast on the table yet and worst. Instead of finding a food, he saw his sleeping donsaeng leaning his face on a thick book with full of highlights while holding a pen. He was sound asleep, and Cheol went near to check the sleeping little demon, who looked like an angel at that moment -because he’s quiet and calm-. Seungcheol woke him up because he needed to prepare for school too or else he’ll be late. Meanwhile, a little real angel went walking out of the room with his sleepy eyes being rubbed by his tiny arms.

 

Seungcheol:

Aigoo~

Good morning, Hansolie~

 

        Hansol quickly greeted back Seungcheol with a big smile yet sleepy eyes. He was so adorable that Cheol couldn’t prevent himself from carrying him and from showering him kisses. Hansol’s laughter was the one who woke Jeonghan up.

 

Hansol:

Good morning boss~

(with a sweet voice.)

Hanhanie?~

 

Seungcheol:

He’s there.

 

        Jeonghan finally opened his eyes fully and greeted Hansol with a sweet smile. He became alerted and conscious by the time, so he looked into his phone and it was already quarter to 6.

 

Jeonghan:

(He stood immediately)

Oh my!

 

Seungcheol:

Take a bath now so we can eat outside.

Take Hansol with you and make it fast.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m sorry…

 

Seungcheol:

Faster. I’ll be late too.

 

        They ate outside and before dropping the two boys to their school, Seungcheol talked to Jeonghan sincerely.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, tell your friends that I’ll fetch you at 11 pm, or they can stay at home if they want.

(Jeonghan was a bit surprised seeing his hyung being serious. On the other hand, Seungcheol noticed himself that he was acting a bit off and soft, then, he blushed.)

Just do what I say.

 

Jeonghan:

But I think we’ll be noisy and messy.

 

Seungcheol:

You’ll fix it anyway.

 

Jeonghan:

(sighed)

Then I think we should do it in their house then.

 

Seungcheol:

No excuses. Just work at home! Okay?

Don’t worry, I’ll buy pizza for all of you, so you don’t have to cook.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya, inform them not to ruin my things. Understood?!

 

Jeonghan:

Fine. Fine!

 

        Before Jeonghan alighted the car Seungcheol halted him because he needed to talk about an important matter for a while.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah, I think we need to go to the old man’s birthday.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

Seungcheol:

We’ll buy a nice suit later. Grandfather will be present too.

(He was worried that Jeonghan would become intimidated with their unusual family, and he was afraid that Jeonghan might get hurt with his grandfather’s harsh words.)

Don’t worry, I’ll be there with you.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m not worried at all.

 

Seungcheol:

(It amazed him that he’s just calm)

You’re not?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah… ‘coz I know you’re going with me, hyung.

(He smiled)

Why change your mind?

(He became curious.)

 

Seungcheol:

Because Attorney said that he will divide his inheritance already.

(He smirked)

 

Jeonghan:

(Knew that it was only his excuse)

Alright.

 

Seungcheol:

Just get everything he (their dad) offers you.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Then what should I do with it then?

 

Seungcheol:

Keep it.

What else do you want to do with it?

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, I thought you wanted it too.

 

Seungcheol:

I have my own.

Bye now. I’ll be late.

And… I’ll be late later because I have a meeting to do.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Take care.

 

Seungcheol:

Don’t forget to text me.

 

Jeonghan:

(He sighed heavily)

Aigoo~

Yes, boss~

 

        Seungcheol left and rushed to their meeting. It was the first time he was late, but anyway, Sung Hoon could just do it by himself.

 

        That day, Jeonghan’s friends, men and women, invited him to drink in a bar. Jeonghan declined their invitation; however, they were so persistent. He was brought inside a small bar forcefully, and he just excused himself to contact his hyung. His friends kept on teasing him that he was like a baby or a lady because of how his hyung treated him. They made fun of him every time, but he just keep on ignoring them because he knew that his hyung only wished for his safety, but sometimes, he’d go overboard that he felt like he was in prison.

 

        On the other hand, Seungcheol got the message saying “Hyung, I’m at the bar near the school with my friends. I’ll make sure to be home before 8. Sorry. Just eat outside because we’re already eating out. take care.” The boss stood up immediately in the middle of their weekly report. It surprised his employees and they were afraid that Seungcheol was mad because of the fluctuation on their sales, but they thought that it was okay, since they successfully took back the sales and they even exceeded the target sales.

 

Yu Jin:

Boss, why?

Are you angry?

 

Seungcheol:

Yu Jin, Sung Hoon, I’ll leave this to you. I have something to take care of.

 

        He went out of his office with a steady connected eyebrows in fury. He searched for the bar Jeonghan was talking about and went inside to fetch his baby brother. Meanwhile, Jeonghan was just sitting on their chair refusing his friends to mingle in the dance floor, that he even dares not to touch a glass of beer on the table.

 

        Seungcheol was looking for him with his keen eyes, and when he spotted his pretty brother, he grabbed his hand and dragged him outside. Seungcheol made no sound, he only displayed a very, as in, very angry face especially when his little brother smelled like cigarette and liquor.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised)

Hyung?

Why did you come? You need anything?

I was about to go be-

 

Seungcheol:

Do this again and I’ll imprison you in the house!

 

Jeonghan:

(He began to feel irritated.)

What?!
I texted you and I promised you that I’ll be back at 8!

(He defended himself)

I’m not doing anything wrong?!

 

Seungcheol:

Get in the car!

Now!

 

        Jeonghan was quiet as they went home. He knew that it was his fault, but he just couldn’t understand why he had to do that in front of his friends, when he promised him that he’ll behave. Once again, Jeonghan prepared their meal quietly. Hansol was the only voice they were hearing that night until he fell asleep.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, I know I’m at fault, but I’m a grown up now. I can mana-

 

Seungcheol:

You don’t know that place!

(He immediately raised his voice.)

 

Jeonghan:

That’s why I did not stray anywhere. I did not even touch the glass of beer!

(Started raising his voice too.)

 

Seungcheol:

Those people are not a good influence to you.

 

Jeonghan:

They just want to have fun. That’s all!

 

Seungcheol:

You won’t know what will happen inside a bar. Do you understand?

Keep away from them.

 

Jeonghan:

They didn’t do anything wrong.

 

Seungcheol:

They just did.

Who would drag a friend into a bar?

 

Jeonghan:

That’s a restau-bar for all you know.

(meaning, it’s quite safe)

 

Seungcheol:

It’s still a bar.

 

        No one would stop talking and raising their voices. They did not want to lose the argument and it lasted until they woke up early in the morning. They did not talk or anything. Jeonghan even commute on his way to his school because he did not want to seat close to his hyung.

 

        The mad boss went inside his office with a scowling face again, so most probably, the employees couldn’t come near him that day. Meanwhile, no matter how bad mood Seungcheol was, Sung Hoon was always to the rescue. Not that he wanted it but, he needed to because it was his duty as his friend and as the vice president of their company.

 

Sung Hoon:

What’s with that long face again?

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan is getting me mad.

 

Sung Hoon:

Why? What happened?

(He sighed)

As expected, days will not come that you two won’t get into a fight. Even Hansol is used to it.

 

Seungcheol:

That brat! He went to a bar and he didn’t know how to apologize to me.

 

Sung Hoon:

Why? Did something happen?

 

Seungcheol:

That’s what happened!

He went to a bar.

 

Sung Hoon:

That’s all?

(He was surprised that that was the main reason why he was mad. It’s because Jeonghan went to a bar with his friends.)

Did he get into trouble?

 

Seungcheol:

No.

 

Sung Hoon:

(He conducted a further investigation.)

Did he get drunk?

 

Seungcheol:

No.

 

Sung Hoon:

Did he kiss a lady? Or date someone?

Actually, it’s not a bad thing to date someone, though.

 

Seungcheol:

No.

 

Sung Hoon:

Did he not inform you?

 

Seungcheol:

He did.

 

Sung Hoon:

Then what is your problem, dude?!

(He got frustrated over the over protective ahjussi beside him.)

 

Seungcheol:

I don’t want him to be with friends that will leave a bad influence on him.

 

Sung Hoon:

Ya!

(Lose his temper)

We went to a bar… as in real bar, even though we were not at a legal age before!

He’s a dude, he can handle himself!

Tsk!

 

        Sung Hoon felt that their boss was hopeless and left him alone.

 

        During their lunch break, Sung Hoon gave Jeonghan a call and invited him for lunch, so Jeoghan met him at Sung Hoon’s favorite café nearby. Jeonghan, the opposite of Seungcheol, wore a very peaceful and bright face; even though, he was not in a good mood that day. Sung Hoon was glad that he didn’t have to deal with two Seungcheols because it’d be too hard to handle. Thank goodness, the demon’s brother is an angel.

 

 He invited the quiet angel to talk about their fight. Jeonghan explained himself to Sung Hoon and he finalized that Seungcheol was being possessive of Jeonghan. It’s cute but if it was excessive, it’d be too scary.

 

Sung Hoon:

(Let out a heavy sigh.)

I guess, Seungcheol is just paranoid. He’s over protective on you.

 

Jeonghan:

I was wrong too. I shouldn’t answer him back with an angry tone.

 

Sung Hoon:

Alright now, since he will not cool down anytime soon, how about… hmmm…

(Thought of some naughty things to make Seungcheol angrier.)

Come to my house tonight. Let’s cook and watch movie.

 

Jeonghan:

I think that’s fine. He will not get angry anymore because it was you.

(He sighed)

He even tried to match us, hyung. Imagine that? I think he’s crazy.

 

Sung Hoon:

(He laughed)

I think he’s serious with that Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo!

By the way, I don’t have class this afternoon. My professor cancelled it.

(He giggled)

Hyung, please treat me well.

 

Sung Hoon:

Okay!

Let’s go. I’ll just have to text Yu Jin that I’ll not go to office this afternoon.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that okay?

 

Sung Hoon:

Of course!

There’s nothing much to do when Seungcheol is mad.

(He chuckled)

Let’s watch first!

 

        The two went out and enjoyed watching a movie in the cinema. They even brought a big cheese flavored popcorn and some large drinks to enjoy the movie; even though, they just ate. Jeonghan did not have to bother about paying anymore because Sung Hoon volunteered himself to pay for everything. After watching, they went to a grocery store to buy all the ingredients they would need for dinner. Then, it’s time for Jeonghan’s duty as Sung Hoon requested that he’d like to try some of Jeonghan’s cooking because he envied Seungcheol telling yummy stories about his little brother’s cuisine.

 

        At around 3 o’clock in the afternoon, Seungcheol decided to go out from work and wait for Jeonghan inside the campus. On the other hand, Jeonghan texted his hyung that he was fetched by Sung Hoon, and they were currently at his house cooking something for dinner. He also added that he’ll be back by 6:30. As soon as Cheol received that message, he came in rushing to Sung Hoon’s apartment and asked where Jeonghan was.

 

Seungcheol:

Jeonghan-ah! Time to go home!

 

Sung Hoon:

Ya, calm down. Let’s eat dinner here. I was about to text you.

How did you know that he was here?

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, I texted him.

(he smiled)

 

Sung Hoon:

Ah, okay.

And Cheol, why are you so pissed?

(Seemed like his plan was working and he was having fun.)

Let’s eat dinner together.

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung is right.

 

Seungcheol:

I wanna go home right now. I want to eat there.

 

Sung Hoon:
(He confirmed that he was obsessed towards his brother.)

Ya! It’s not like I kidnapped him.

 

Seungcheol:

Hoon-ah, you know you are my friend… why did you not inform me that he’s with you.

 

Sung Hoon:

Seungcheol-ah, Jeonghan is not a prison, you know!

 

Jeonghan:

Stop fighting, you two!

 

Sung Hoon:

(Provoked Seungcheol more.)

I thought you’d like me to take good care of him.

 

Seungcheol:

That was before. I change my mind. Give Jeonghan back to me!

 

Jeonghan:

Hyung, let me finish what I am cooking first, can you?

I’m not a kid anymore! I can go home alone.

 

        Sung Hoon was laughing at the corner when he witnessed the two fight. Somehow, he got envious of them because they have each other and of course, he would force himself to be with them too because they couldn’t live without him.

 

Sung Hoon:

Alright! Alright!
Stop that!

My ears are hurting.

Seungcheol! Listen to me!

About your fight, I think you are wrong from judging Jeonghan first before you act.

What’s wrong entering a bar? He didn’t even touch his beverage when you dragged him out.

Jeonghan admitted that he was wrong too by answering you back.

Better fix this simple problem, guys. Please.

You’re ruining everything in your lives.

Go. And have peace.

 

        Of course, Jeonghan knew that his hyung was full of pride, so he apologized first, but he stated the reason why. He even stressed it out, so Seungcheol would know that the rest was his fault. Slowly, the monster boss/ hyung realized that he’s becoming more strict than other dads out there with their daughters.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright, I’m sorry.

Next time, report everything to me and get my permission first before making a decision.

 

Sung Hoon:

Ya! He’s not a toddler anymore. He knows what is good and bad…

Right Jeonghan?

(Jeonghan nodded.)

 

Seungcheol:

Just inform me then.

 

        The three shared meals on Sung Hoon’s dining table, while Hansol was with Mrs. Park, who was waiting for his two brothers to come home. At the end of the day, everything went smoothly, thanks to Sung Hoon’s kindness and patience.