Mini Series: Half Brothers: Rescue

Mini Drama: Half Brothers

Mini Series: Half Brothers: Rescue

 

            Almost a month had passed and they had no news from Jeonghan. On the contrary, Jeonghan was trying to cope up with his new life living with a funny, and kind police officer. He got a part time job and he managed to send Hansol back to another school while he’s working.

 

        Meanwhile, Sung Hoon, Il Kook, Choi grandpa, Sung Jae, and his friends were trying to contact him after his sudden disappearance. They receive no hi’s and hello’s from Jeonghan. No news, no calls; moreover, it worried them that he was not showing himself at school when they knew that studying was so important to him. He completely disappeared without any trace. It was alarming enough for them to feel extremely worried.

 

Sung Hoon decided to talk to Seungcheol again after a long time. He was still mad, but they needed to know where Jeonghan was. He went humbly to his friend’s house and knocked at his door. Seungcheol opened it immediately.

 

Seungcheol:

What are you doing here?

 

Sung Hoon:

Look, bro…

I’m not here for a fight. I just want to ask if there’s any place Jeonghan would go?

(With an embarrassed face)

 

Seungcheol:

(He was confused)

I thought he was with you?

 

Sung Hoon:

If he’s with me. I won’t bother searching for him for a month long now. And I won’t be coming here personally just to ask you.

 

Seungcheol:

A month?

 

Sung Hoon:

Almost a month… 3 weeks or more maybe.

(He cleared his statement)

 

Seungcheol:

Maybe he’s with SungJae.

(He said coolly)

 

Sung Hoon:

He searched nonstop from the day you both had fight.

 

Seungcheol:

He can handle himself.

 

Sung Hoon:

Aren’t you worried?

 

Seungcheol:

Sung Hoon, my wedding is fast approaching. I will find him after.

And tell, Mingyu to report! He disappeared too.

Maybe he’s with Mingyu.

 

Sung Hoon:

Didn’t Yu Jin tell you that Mingyu was hospitalized suffering from a head trauma? People said he was attacked at the back of head.

 

SeungcheoL:

What?

Why?

 

Sung Hoon:

I don’t know the other details.

No one saw the whole thing. Some people say he was running with someone because they were being chased, but it was dark, so they didn’t recognize the culprit.

 

        Then Seungcheol remembered that he received a call from Mingyu early at dawn, probably, three days ago. He answered it, but Mingyu didn’t answer back, so he ignored it.

 

Seungcheol:

What is happening?

 

        Then later on, Sung Jae called Sung Hoon.

 

-Call-

 

Sung Jae:

Hyung! We saw someone who claimed that Jeonghan is his brother. Tsk!

This ahjusshi!

(Looking suspicious at the police officer named KwangSoo )

My pretty hyung is not your brother!

(He stated to the tall man seated in front of him.)

He’s mine!

He’s mine!

(He defended their clan’s dignity.)

Look at yourself!

 

Kwangsoo:

(From the background)

Ya!

Looks doesn’t define being brothers… it’s the relationship, imma!

Are you trying to insult me?!

 

SungHoon:

How did he knew Jeonghan?

 

SungJae:

He said he’s looking for his brother when I happened to bumped him near a police station.

He’s giving out a photocopy of Jeonghan hyung’s picture from our Japan tour with Hansol.

Tsk!

Hyung, please hurry… I’ll tell you the details.

 

Sung Hoon:

Okay… okay… I’ll be right there.

 

        Sung Hoon left Seungcheol immediately after hearing that.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

Where are you going?!

 

Sung Hoon:

Someone saw your brother- I mean your servant- before he disappeared!

(He had the guts to insult Cheol while in panic.)

 

Seungcheol:

Mwo?! Mworago?!

Before he disappeared, you say?

He really disappeared?!

 

        Seungcheol, with no other words to say to his wife-to-be, rushed to see the person who last saw his brother; although, he was still pissed.

 

-Inside the Mansion-

 

Sung Hoon:

SungJae, tell me.

 

Seungcheol:

What’s going on?

 

SungJae:

Ah- hyung.

(He was happy at first because he missed him, but he felt annoyed afterwards for the reason that he was the one who hurt Jeonghan so bad.)

Why are you here?

(Rolled his eyes)

 

Seungcheol:

What’s happening?

(Looked at Kwangsoo)

Did you kidnap him?

 

KwangSoo:

Why would I?

I found him with the boy under a shed, drenched with water in a rainy day.

 

SungJae:

If you are a police officer, why didn’t you find his family?

 

KwangSoo:

(He got insulted)

Ask for yourself.

I asked, but he said that he had no family.

Well… none that cares for him.

That’s what he said.

 

SungJae:

Then what about me?

(He cried inside)

He said that?

 

KwangSoo:

Yeah. He said you disowned him.

 

SungJae:

Not me!

I love him so much!

It’s- it’s

(Pointed out at his Cheol hyung)

It’s him who said that!

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

Are you blaming it all to me?

 

SungJae:

Yes!

Yes!

It’s your fault!

He did nothing wrong. If you just listen… if you just listen, he’s still with us!

(He cried as he became worried)

 

Il Kook:

Sung Jae, enough!

This is not the right time to fight!

 

KwangSoo:

(Started his summary again.)

I first saw him with his little brother waiting in the shed that rainy day. I offered him shelter because he said he was nowhere to go and he had no family to return to.

 

SungJae:

That hits me hard! Don’t repeat that again!

Aisssh!

(With a pissed expression)

 

KwangSoo:

(With a pissed expression too)

I asked him if he wanted me to call any of his family members, but he refused. He said, he’s happy with me.

(He smirked)

 

SungJae:

This, ahjussi, really!

 

        He wanted to punch him, but Sung Hoon stopped him.

 

KwangSoo:

It’s your fault. He’s hurt badly!

I can hear him cry outside my house each and every day!

Tsk!

Anyway… he found a part time job and he was sending Hansol to a small day care. He’s a nice boy. He’s helping me with everything. He even bring food to me at the police station where I work.

I think he was coping up. He was looking healthy, but then, he came home one time, crying, pleading at me to find his brother.

He said, someone got him.

He was crying so hard like his world was crumbling down.

He told me that it was probably his biological mother who took Hansol -based on how the teachers described her.

Poor boy.

(He stopped with a deep sigh before he continued.)

When I calmed him down, he told me everything. About his family background.

(He took another sigh.)

And I think he- he was kidnapped. And maybe I have a clue who are involved but I have to be sure.

 

All:

What?!

 

Il Kook:

How can you say that?

 

KwangSoo:

No wonder, you are rich. Maybe someone recognized him and then got the chance to kidnap him.

If I only knew that he was this rich, I didn’t let my guard down.

By the way, did you have a phone call from a stranger?

 

Il Kook:

I haven’t received any yet.

(He frowned as he worry.)

Please… if you know something…

 

 

KwangSoo:

I have something more, sir…

I was surprised that his uncle was involved in such a serious crimes. We reported it to the police as soon as I learned it, and when I asked him to wait outside for a while, then, he disappeared.

He left this.

(Showed him the necklace, Cheol gave him)

When I was calling his name. A lady who was hiding at the corner told me that he saw some men covered his mouth and dragged him inside the van.

She said Jeonghan called the other man, his uncle. He tried to escape but the men with stun gun caught him.

It was my fault. I shouldn’t have let him wait outside.

(Punched his own leg in anger)

Those bastards!

 

Choi grandpa:

Since when did you last see him?

(With his worried eyes and heart.)

 

KwangSoo:

It’s been almost a week.

I have been investigating it, since the police won’t find him unless, a relative would file a case

(He sighed again in disappointment)

Poor boys.

 

Il Kook:

Oh god!

(Slamming his hand to his mouth.)

Please be safe, Jeonghan-ah, Hansol-ah.

 

KwangSoo:

Sir…

I think Jeonghan was right, when he assumed that the one who took Hansol was his mother.

 

Sung Hoon:

H-how d-

 

KwangSoo:

According to the teachers of the day care…

When Jeonghan went to fetch Hansol from a small daycare, they said that he was just a little late. They said to him that he was already fetched by a woman he called ‘Mama’.

They said, Hansol called him, but somehow he was hesitant; though, it was obvious that she was really his mom because the boy recognizes her.

In addition, they said that Hansol was crying and asking for the woman to wait for Jeonghan before going home, but when he fell asleep… maybe because of his exhaustion, the woman thanked them and left.

 

        Suddenly, Seungcheol and SungHoon remembered that Jeonghan’s mother and uncle were cruel people. They thought that maybe, they wanted something from him.

 

Seungcheol:

This is bad!

If you reported it to the police…

(Remembered something Jeonghan had said before)

Jeonghan said that syndicate had some connections to the police.

Maybe they relay the message to them.

 

        His idea was scattered, but somehow, he was definitely sure that Jeonghan and Hansol were with them. Seungcheol and SungHoon knew where they could possibly be.

 

SungHoon:

If that’s the case… he’s probably back there. (At the slum are where his mom and uncle leaves)

 

SungJae:

Why?

Is- is that something really really bad?

(He was trembling, thinking of the possibilities of what they would have done to his hyung and Hansol again, since he heard from Il Kook that he was abused.)

 

        Seungcheol and Sung Hoon were reunited once again and immediately went out to get their car.

 

KwangSoo:

I will go with you.

This is a dangerous one…

Please call the police.

 

Seungcheol:

SungJae, stay here with dad and grandpa.

 

Il Kook:

Please let us know, son.

 

Seungcheol:

I will.

 

-Slum-

 

        Upon reaching their destination, they immediately went searching around their old place. Only to find out that, the two criminals were not anymore living in that place. People told them that when Ha Jin did not come home last time, Goo Tak was so furious. And then, after a few days, they were gone too.

 

        The neighbors said that they were just in that house 3 days ago. In addition, according to them, Ha Jin was not with them, but they remembered that he was with a young man with his heard covered with a black cloth, and two men.

 

        On the meantime, while they were searching inside the filthy house. SungJae, happened to always have a habit to break orders and followed them there. Seungcheol noticed him.

 

Seungcheol:

Ya!

What are you doing here?

 

SungJae:

I just want to help.

I don’t want Hanie hyung to get hurt. I miss him.

 

Seungcheol:

Make sure to behave.

(He sighed as he was worried to his younger brother.)

 

        Later on, police came back carrying some things with them. It includes, clothes, wallet with no money, notebook, ballpen, and a picture- a printed picture of his family with Seungcheol, Hansol, SungJae, Il Kook, and Choi grandpa. The picture was taken in a studio as per Jeonghan’s request.

 

        They all rushed to see the evidence. The boys agreed that those things were from Jeonghan, but in fear they trembled as the clothes look messed up; though, fortunately, it didn’t have any blood.

 

        Upon seeing all this, and upon knowing that Jeonghan and their poor baby Hansol were in danger again, Cheol remembered something- something that he promised in front of his mother’s grave and with Jeonghan. His heart fell apart as he breathed deeply. The sting in his heart locked his chest that seemed punching him hard.

       

Seungcheol:

Don’t tell me, I fail again this time.

(He held Jeonghan’s sweater tight and go where the police would go.)

 

        Da Eun was calling him at the moment, but he won’t answer. Instead, Seungcheol just left him a message saying, “Da Eun, I need to talk to you later. My brother is in danger and it is my fault.”

 

        Da Eun gritted his teeth in anger. She thought, she already got rid of that boy, but up until when he’s missing, she still has no match. Since she couldn’t contact him through call, she send him an angry message, saying “is he more important than me and your child?!” however she didn’t receive any reply.

 

-While Driving-

 

Seungcheol:

!

I messed up this time!

I fail! I fail!

(Gripping Jeonghan’s clothes tightly on his right hand.)

 

        Sung Hoon knew how Cheol felt that time and set his anger aside to comfort his friend.

 

Sung Hoon:

Don’t worry, we’ll find him and Hansol.

 

Seungcheol:

What if something bad happens to him this time?

It’s my fault! It’s all my fault!

Damn!

(He gritted his teeth)

Jeonghan-ah, where could you possibly be… stay safe… please.

 

SungHoon:

He will be.

(Although his heart was beating so fast.)

 

Seungcheol:

SungHoon-ah…

I’m scared.

(He cried so hard in worrying about his brother.)

 

Sung Hoon:

We will find him, bro.

 

        However, it seemed like the heavens wanted to punish Cheol when a police reported that they found a body afloat on the river. He was found by a fisher man early that morning and had reported it immediately to the police. After identifying the lifeless body, they were positive that it was related to the young man they were looking for. They identified that the man’s name was Yoon Goo Tak and he was related to some big syndicate. Actually, there had been investigations going on in that particular group, Goo Tak, Ha Jin, and Jeonghan was on the list. The Yoon family were on their watch list because they served as the mediator. On the other hand, Jeonghan’s name was listed because he was caught delivering drugs when he was still a kid. They assumed that he was being used because he’s still a minor, but it only happened once.

 

        Police gathered in one place. All their special action forces were gathered because they knew this was not just a simple kidnapping case, but a bigger one. They couldn’t just do some actions. They must plan.

 

        While discussing, they heard someone talking from their walkie talkie. It was KwangSoo, who fled the scene riding a motorcycle used by one of the police as he chased a running man in black heading towards the port.

 

KwangSoo:

Roger, I’m here at the port. Copy? Send backups. Copy”

(Then called back again, since they didn’t reply.)

“Do you copy?”

 

The brave tall policeman was hiding behind an empty wooden container to hide himself with his gun up in case of emergency. Then again, after waiting for reply, he tried to reach them one more time.

 

KwangSoo:

This is KwangSoo ca-“

(Then a gun shot was fired.)

 

        The police finally heard it and became troubled when they heard a loud gun fire.

 

Officer 1:

KwangSoo-ya!

(He shouted)

Ya! Don’t give up! We’re going!

 

        Then after a few while, the signal got back again.

 

KwangSoo:

To the port! To the port!

 

And those were the last words they heard from the brave police man. Upon hearing that call, the police assembled and went to the port immediately. When Seungcheol, SungJae, and Sung Hoon saw how they responded to that call, they all became worried. The police advised them to stay far as possible.

 

SungJae:

I-is Mr. Kwangsoo- okay?

(He hissed a breathe)

 

Seungcheol:

Please… let them be safe.

(He murmured)

 

-At the Port-

 

        The policemen were waiting for the right timing when they heard someone from the walkie talkie again. Thank goodness, the tall giraffe-like police was still alive.

 

KwangSoo:

Everyone is in. You can infiltrate now.

(He whispered)

 

        The gunman was wrong when he left KwangSoo lying on the floor and did not check if he was alive or dead. Fortunately, he dodged the bullet; however, he got shot on his right arm.

 

After he rested for a while, he infiltrated the big ship –more of a small cruise type owned by some rich personality. KwangSoo was cautious. If possible, he would not breathe in order not to make a sound, if breathing means they could find him out, hiding behind the hidden corners of the ship. Meanwhile, while waiting for his co-workers, KwangSoo heard a scream coming from the basement. Some sounded women, some were children. Out of impulse, he went down stairs to see what was in it. He hid himself at the dark while observing. In his surprise, he saw children, women- some were pregnant, caged inside metal bars one by one. He assumed that they were kidnapped and was about to be sold to a different place. Unfortunately, his walkie talkie created a loud noise, and that called the attention of the ones who were guarding the place.

 

KwangSoo folded his long body on the corner more, so that those people won’t find him easily as he was preparing his gun. Good thing, he managed to hide properly that the enemies missed him. The man was holding his breath until they went back to their duty and escape.

 

The moment he escaped the place, he saw a familiar person. He saw his friend, wearing a police uniform with a smile on his face.

 

KwangSoo:

Yoo Yeon-ah.

 

Yoo Yeon:

(Wore a worried face)

Ya…

(He whispered)

You should have called me, idiot!

 

        KwangSoo gulped because he didn’t know if he was to feel relieved or anxious. He knew that he was not on duty that time. How the hell did he knew that they were having an operation that time? Also, he had long suspected his friend on doing something suspicious because of his action.

 

        Actually, they had been investigating upon that said syndicate –the one that they were currently raiding. It was one of the biggest syndicate involved in drugs, and human trafficking in Korea. They had been investigating them for years, but they had to be cautious, since they assumed that there were some police involved.

 

        KwangSoo was the one who marked his old friend because of his alibis. He started eyeing on him since their operations were busted and it was always whenever he’s present. He thought that he was involved because one time, he followed him and he saw him talking to someone rich politician –one of the narcos. From then on, he was cautious on him, but he remained quiet as he wasn’t sure of whom to trust.

 

        Back to KwangSoo and his old friend Yoo Yeon. They were talking calmly up until two men came behind KwangSoo’s back.

 

Yoo Yeon:

KwangSoo ya…

You’re such a nice guy.

Thank you for leading us the pretty boy and his brother. It’s easier.

You’re the best, friend!

(He smirked)

Get him and kill him the way you want.

(He commanded his two guards.)

I thought I killed you already down there. (At the port)

 

        The two men made KwangSoo kneel forcibly.

 

KwangSoo:

(Spit his saliva)

You traitor!

You rascal!

How dare you!

You !

Where is Jeonghan and Hansol!

 

Yeo Yeon:

I don’t know where Hansol is. Ha Jin got him, but we got a large amount of money from Jeonghan, you know.

I don’t know he’s got a good use rather than just being a resource person of his brother and mother.

(He laughed)

 

KwangSoo:

Where are they?!
 

Yeo Yeon:

I told you, I don’t know where the baby is… well, as of Jeonghan…. I bet he’s happy with the man who owned him now. He’s cruising on a small yacht together with his master together with his other dolls.

By the way…

He is an expensive doll.

I killed his uncle because he’s selfish. Tsk! Trying to get all the money.

I like him. He’s pretty.

(He his lips.)

I still remember his scent from last night.

 

KwangSoo:

(He became angrier when he heard those words from him)

You bull!

 

Yeo Yeon:

(Kicked Kwangsoo on his body)

Shut up, idiot!

(Looked at his men)

Hold him tight.

I think, I better kill you myself.

You are annoying!

Bye my friend.

(With the gun pointed at his forehead)

 

        Later on, gunshots was heard inside the ship. 3 men down. Yeo Yeon and his men was shot and arrested by the police. KwangSoo was saved.

 

Senior Superintendent:

Good job, KwangSoo.

But next time, cooperate with us.

 

KwangSoo:

Yes sir.

Sir! We have to hurry, some victims are on a yacht sailing now.

 

Senior Superintendent:

Go and let the others know.

Use the helicopter. Leave this to us.

 

        KwangSoo hurried to rescue Jeonghan and the others. While, the other police were raiding the whole cargo ship. They confiscated a large amount of drugs, and they successfully set the victims free. Of course, they did not forget to arrest the criminals and made sure that they won’t leave the bars until they die. Though, that was not an easy job. It was a bloody fight as the enemies had loads of weapons.

 

        On the other hand, Jeonghan’s hyungs and dongsaeng were waiting for the news about Jeonghan. When KwangSoo went out, wearing his pissed face because he thought that it was his fault why Jeonghan was kidnapped, Seungcheol went close.

 

Seungcheol:

My- my brother?

Where is my brother, sir?

 

KwangSoo:

He’s not there.

And please, stay far from here. It’s dangerous.

I’ll be back with Jeonghan.

 

SungJae:

(He was crying)

Please find him sir. Please.

 

SungHoon:

Sir… you have been shot!

(With a surprised dumbfounded face)

 

KwangSoo:

Don’t mind me.

 

        Kwangsoo called for his other colleagues and waited for their chopper to fetch them.

 

-Yacht-

 

        They immediately responded by the time they found the Yacht, leisurely sailing out in the sea with all the lights and the party. The owner was the son of the said Narco politician and he was enjoying his night in bed with the poor Jeonghan.

 

        Jeonghan was drugged, and he was weak at the moment. He couldn’t fight. He was extremely afraid, crying on the arms of his abuser.

 

Jeonghan:

Please- please stop…

Let me go… please.

 

        Meanwhile, KwangSoo with other special agents invaded the sinful yacht. All the guests were arrested because they were boldly taking drugs in the public. Drugs had become their dinner that night.

 

        On their way to the rooms, they saw young ladies, young children being harassed by some powerful people. Immediately, they were arrested.

 

        When Kwangsoo couldn’t see Jeonghan, he became furious. He searched every room aggressively, praying and hoping that Jeonghan was alright, at least alive.

 

        One room at the top of the yacht was the only one left. KwangSoo prepared his gun together with two more agents before they knock the door down. At the count of three, KwangSoo kicked the door to give them way.

 

        They saw Jeonghan undressed under a filthy man. Jeonghan was disgusted, but he couldn’t do anything as he couldn’t feel his whole body. His head was light and all he could do was to cry and ask for help.

 

When the young man planned to escape, he was immediately shot at his leg by an agent. Then, KwangSoo went to pick Jeonghan quickly.

 

        Upon seeing him weak, uttering the words “hyung… hyung… please help me.” repeatedly, KwangSoo fell weak. He felt his heart shattered into pieces. Jeonghan was obviously drugged. He’s cold. His eyes were swollen that he obviously cried for days now. His body was thin… And what made the tall man angry was, he was abused… harassed. KwangSoo fisted his knuckles that he wanted to kill the people who did this to the angel, but he couldn’t do nothing more that time but to cover his body neatly before he carried him gently to escape the room.

 

KwangSoo:

You are safe now.

 

        KwangSoo couldn’t help but to shed tears out of guilt and sorrow, seeing Jeonghan in that condition.

 

KwangSoo:

I’m sorry.

 

        The yacht successfully docked on the port, Seungcheol and the two boys were expectant that they could see KwangSoo with Jeonghan. Yes, they saw what they were hoping, but their heart shattered upon seeing their poor angel, weak in KwangSoo’s feeble and wounded arms. They ran to them, and they immediately checked on Jeonghan.

 

        The boys cried when they saw how terrible Jeonghan’s condition was. They were afraid that he went through a lot. They found bruises, burns by the cigarette, and little scratches all over his body. He got a lot thinner. They were really scared that Jeonghan experienced more than just abuse, but harassment based on his appearance. And yes, they were true indeed.

 

Seungcheol:

Oh god!

(He couldn’t even go near him because he was afraid. Afraid that Jeonghan would get angry at him for breaking his promise.)

 

SungJae:

Hyung!

(He ran to his beloved poor hyung and held his hands)

This is SungJae… hyung… I’m sorry.

(He kissed his hyung’s cold hands)

 

SungHoon:

Jeonghan-ah.

(His body became weak as he caressed Jeonghan.)

 

Jeonghan:

Hyu-

(Then he passed out)

 

KwangSoo:

He needs immediate medication.

(With a serious tone.)

If you could excuse me.

 

        KwangSoo carried him safely to the ambulance in order to give Jeonghan his first aid before rushing to the hospital.

 

        Before going with the ambulance, Seungcheol gave his sincerest ‘thank you’ to the kind police man who was willing to sacrifice his life for his brother.

       

Seungcheol:

Thank you so much for saving my brother, sir.

I-I owe you a lot.

(He sobbed)

 

Sung Hoon:

We will never forget all of these. Thank you sir.

 

KwangSoo:

It is my duty.

And… I don’t think he will recover fast (psychologically). He needs you.

It will be very hard for him.

(He felt sad)

And please take good care of him. He’s an angel.

 

Seungcheol:

Sir… they did not t-

(He bit his lips)

 

KwangSoo:

What? Drugged and touched him?

I’m afraid so…

(He reported sadly)

 

        That revelation stopped their hearts for like forever, feeling the guilt and the pain they have done to Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol:

(He breathed heavily)

I-I…

(With a surprised hurt expression)

Oh- god…

 

Sung Hoon:

Those bastards!

(He grunted)

 

SungJae:

o-

(Same with Cheol’s reaction)

 

KwangSoo:

(Talked to Seungcheol with his serious angry expression.)

Sir, can I give you a punch?

(Then he punched him with all the strength that he still had.)

That’s for hurting Jeonghan and his baby brother.

I heard everything. He was really hurt because he said you are that person he loved the most, he trusted the most and considered his family besides Hansol and your another brother.

But then you failed to trust him. He trusted you at the very end, but you didn’t listen.

 If you fail to take care of that poor angel. I will get him from you. Take that in mind!

(He threatened)

 

        SungJae did nothing but to cry over his poor hyung and continued to ask for forgiveness. While Seungcheol accepted what KwangSoo had said. He thought he deserve more than a punch. He deserved something more painful.

 

Seungcheol:

(He bowed his head and apologize to KwangSoo)

I’m sorry.

 

 

So guys… sorry, I hurt Jeonghan again, but this will teach Seungcheol a big lesson.

Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Jeonghan’s revenge.

 

Thank you! Enjoy!