• i •

I'll Protect You

 

 


“Euiwoong~ Euiwoong~” I heard Samuel said my name in the tone of Pristin's Weewoo and looked at one of y fellow researcher, “You seem to be not in the mood today.”

“I’m fine.” I stated and smiled a bit, “Probably just a bit tired.”

“Is that the exact reason? You can tell me anything.” Samuel said as he tapped my shoulder.

I shook my head, “Yes, Samuel.”

“Well, if you insists..” He shrugged before going to Sewoon and asking him about the chemicals he's working on.

 

 

 

I looked at the files and most o them were about the cure for this neverending apocalypse. It seems to be impossible to cure someone that was bitten by an undead person. But.. nothing's impossible for me. I’m too desperate..

 

 

I don’t even accept the fact that Hyungseob became an undead, he’s quite an airhead but he wouldn’t have the guts to stay in a place where an undead was seen. He wasn’t even suicidal, or even having the desire to be one of them.

 

 


“But why?” I whispered.

“Lee Euiwoong.” I looked at Jihoon hyung, he seems to be serious right now.

“What is it,hyung?” I asked him and he gave me a folder

“It’s your queue to interview HE01, and feed the test subject. We need more answers,” He stated before giving me a container, “Hurry up.”

 

 

 


I just nod and took it before going at the basement of the facility, I went on the farthest room and as I opened it. I heard the growl coming from the undead that was chained up who tried to come near me.

 

 

“Hong Eunki, here’s your meal for today.” I said as I threw the container near him.

 

 

 


Just like a beast that wasn’t fed for days, he rummaged through the container and ate the brains, and flesh which we’ve collected from the other undead people. I grimaced as I stare at him as he chew the brain slowly. Our research was somehow improving, it seems that if a zombie was fed enough.. it can be tamed. 

 

The people that were bitten should eat their fellow’s flesh in order to remain their conciousness on everything despite being an undead. This is my theory about this, it’s like eat or be eaten. But once an unfected person taste a normal person’s flesh or even just a drop of their blood, it’ll be impossible for them to recover from this weird virus. 

 

 

 


“What..do.. you..want? You..fed me.. y-you must’ve want t..to ask something.” I looked at Eunki which was still chewing the brains, and other flesh of his meal.

“So you’re aware that you’re a test subject now,” I said while looking at him, “Well, Hong Eunki. How do you feel? Before, and after eating?”

“Everything... hurts a while ago, it’s as i-if something was.. eating me inside a..and I needed to eat something or else, t-the pain will be... worse. But after tasting food, I... feel nor..mal.” He answered as he grabbed the leg part and took a bite on it, “B-But I n..need to eat more.. or else.. the pain.. will be back..”

“I see.” I wrote everything that he said, and once again took an another container ang put it beside him, “Next question, can you remember anything about yourself?”

“I.. am not sure.. everything is b-blurry.. all I know i-is that I’m Hong E-Eunki a..and I’m hungry.. Ah.. I need more..” He started to growl as he kept on eating.

“That will be for today..” I stated and closed the folder, “Someone will check on you later. I’ll be going for now..”

 

 


He just growled and continued on eating as I locked the room, and went back to the laboratory. My main duty is actually researching but I help the other on patrolling for a few hours at night sometimes. Everyone is desperate to end this apocalypse as soon as possible..

 

The main cause of this apocalypse was because of some kind of toxic that was mixed on food, and it spreaded out quickly. A lot of people had been infected, the government immediately evacuated the people and during that time, I was just a trainee researcher. As soon as I heard the news, I’ve let my family evacuate in this facility as soon as possible. As of now, we’re more than one hundred fifty that was in this huge facility. As of now, we might have the exact amount of supplies, medicines, and food enough for everyone but if this won’t be solved soon.. it’ll become a problem.

 

 

The government had already made an action and made a lockdown since most of the infected ones were here so we’re stucked, and if this continues.. the government’s last resort is to evacuate us and.. destroy this area. Just to avoid it from spreading throughout the whole world. 

 

 


“Hey, Euiwoong. Have you seen Hyungseob?” I looked at Woojin and tried to stop myself from glaring at him.

“No. And it’s been three ing weeks,” I stated and smirked at him, “So.. do you know anything about it? You’re the last person to be seen with Hyungseob? What happened?”

“Uh..” He looked away, “I have to go.”

I grabbed his arm, “Answer me  Park Woojin. What happened to Ahn Hyungseob, and you during that time?”

“I-It’s nothing..” He said while still looking away from me, “He just told me something while we’re in the huge mansion which belongs to Justin’s family, and he said that he’ll be staying there for a while. So I left as soon as possible..”

“You weren’t even concerned about my bestfriend at that time. Wow, you’re really an .” I spat before walking away.

“Hey, dude. Where are you going?!” Taemin asked me.

“Somewhere far, far away from an .” I said then immediately went out of the laboratory.

 

 


As I sneaked out of the facility while holding a hatchet, and a rifle.. I looked around for an infected person. Hyungseob must’ve been damn hungry right now.

 

 

 

“Oh.” I can’t help but smirk as I saw an undead person that was all alone, “Too bad, instead of getting cured. You’ll be my Seobbie’s meal for today.”

 

 

 

Its weak point is its head, one shot on its forehead and it’s good as dead. I shot it as soon as possible and it fell to the ground, I waited for a while and when I was sure that it's dead. I went and dragged it inside the mansion. I quickly chopped if into pieces using the hatchet, ignoring its black blood splattering around my lab clothes. This will do..

 

 

 

 

“Seobbie..” I went to the cell room where he was in and he looked at me, “I’m back.”

 

 

 


He was drooling too much, his eyes were fixed at me. As if he wants me so badly.. I’m aware that this is preposterous but I’m liking this kind of Hyungseob. This kind which will only have its attention to me, and no one else especially that , Park Woojin. I don’t know, maybe the madness that had been happening around lately is affecting my mentality slowly.. but I don’t mind it.

 

 


“I brought you some food,” I put the corpse inside the cell room before Hyungseob can attack me, “Eat well, Seobbie.”

 

 

 

His attention went to the corpse, and ran to it as he started chewing the shoulders of that corpse. His eyes seems to smile as he was eating, and it made me smile. Ah, Hyungseob is so adorable.

 

 

But I’m still wondering, why was he in this cell room? And why is his wrists, and ankles cuffed that was chained to the wall. It was fishy as hell, as if someone planned to turn him into an undead or something. 

 

 

 

“You seem to be enjoying your meal,” I said in a cheeful tone and took my face mask off, “And as I expected, your conciousness is coming back somehow.”

He looked at me while chewing the corpse’s eye, and blinked. He suddenly started to whimper and back away for a bit. Wait.. is he scared?

 

“Hey..” I smiled at him and walked near the bars that separate the two of us, “You don’t need to be afraid. I won’t hurt you..”

 


He’s still staring at me and I reached his head, and patted it slowly. He seems to be trembling but he stopped reacting and went back on eating the corpse, as if I tamed him. I inmdiatly touched his cheek but I took my hand away when he was about to bite it.. it’s still not okay to fully trust Seobbie. He’s not like Eunki which was fully aware of everything.

 


“Hey, Seobbie.” He looked at me again as I point myself, “I am Euiwoong. Euiwoong.”

“I..Ei..woong..” He tried to say my name and I swear that I felt so elated in all of the sudden,,“Woong...”

I nodded, “Yes! Yes! You can call me Woong but make sure that you’ll be able to say my name clearly. Because starting from now on, I’ll be the only on that will protect you, and turn you back as soon as possible. I love you, Hyungseob..”

 

 

 

 

He just blinked, and after he finished eating his meal. I bid my farewell to him.. this is so awesome, and painful at the same time. I am going crazy as I kept on looking at Hyungseob, despite being an undead person.. he’s stil as attractive as he is. But.. I want him back. I want the old Hyungseob back..

 

 

Even though there’s a smile in my face, tears fell from my eyes. Ah, this is too complicated. Why does he have to experience this ? He doesn’t deserve this at all..