• v •

I'll Protect You

Hyungseob winced as his back bumped into the wall, bruises were already obvious from his face and shoulders. The people who were beating him up kept on walking closer and the latter wished that they’re already tired so they wouldn’t hurt him anymore.

 

“Hey,pretty boy. Do you even think that just because you’re friends with people from the student council, we will stop beating the out of you?” One of them pulled his collar and punched him in the face which made him whimpered, “Do you even think that we’ll stop doing this to you?! Are you ing serious?”

“Please.. I haven’t done anything wrong..” Hyungseob pleaded as he looked at the people who kept on bullying him.

One of them laughed, “You’re a ing eyesore, a clumsy eyesore. What do you ing expect? Everyone to like you because you’re a pretty face that was clumsy? You want to be protected by them?!”

“Stupid people like you should just kill themselves, you’re a ung waste of oxygen!” One of the bullies walked closer and kicked him, “Why can’t you just die?!”

All of them walked around Hyungseob as they kicked and punched the poor boy which was already crouching at the wall and hiding his face behind his shoulders to avoid adding an another bruise to his face. Euiwoong will be infuriated once he saw an another injury in him.


“Wow, a bunch of doofus who couldn’t handle their own problems so they’re letting their stress out on a poor boy.” All of them looked at a boy behind them, smirking.

“Who the are you?!” One of the bullies tried to scare him but the boy just laughed.

“Why do you need to know my name? Were you bewitched by my looks, ugly?” The boy’s smirk widened as he looked at them with a smug expression, “But sorry, I am not into ugly losers.”

“Ha?!” All of their attention was on the boy now but Hyungseob was frozen from where he was crouching while watching them.

“What? Y’all are in love with me now?” The boy teased once again as he grinned, a snaggletooth was visible on it.

“You bastard! Stop ing around!” One of the bullies tried to punch the boy but he dodged it and kicked the bully’s back which made it cry in pain as it fell to the ground.

“Holy , this one’s looking for a fight. Let’s beat the out of him!” The others agreed as they launched themselves to the boy.

“Dude, this is so uncool.” The boy stated as he dodged all of their punches before doing a counter-attack.


Hyungseob saw how the boy beat them all up so they ran away, leaving him astonished while the boy laughs at their reactions. The boy looked at him and Hyungseob felt his heart flutter, the boy was charming. The boy smiled again as he approached Hyungseob and offered a hand.

 

“You shouldn’t let them torment you, I don’t know why but seeing you for the first time made me feel like I should be at your side.” The boy stated.

Hyungseob felt like he was blushing and he looked around, “E-Eh? What are you talking about?! I-I mean.. at my side?”

“Yes!” The boy took Hyungseob’s hand and helped him stand up, “I’m Woojin! Park Woojin, I’m actually a transfer student so I really don’t know the way around here but let’s go at a clinic. Your pretty face is damaged, let’s patch it up.”

“P-Pretty?” Hyungseob was flustered and he cannot calm down, “I-I’m Ahn Hyungseob, a sophomore.”

“I’m a freshman!” Woojin announced as he let himself get dragged into the clinic, “Good thing that a nurse is in here!”


After the nurse lectured Hyungseob to stand up for himself and the check-up, Woojin took him to the cafeteria and treated him lunch since his money was taken away by the bulies.

 


“I guess that you’re older so I’ll be calling you as my hyung.” Woojin said as he stared at Hyungseob which was looking down as he silently eat, “Hyung?”

“Thank you for the meal.. I’m sorry for being a burden,” Hyungseob stated in a soft voice.

“What? It’s fine, Hyungseob hyung. You don’t need to worry at all because I want to protect you, I don’t know why but I don’t want to see you in that state!” Woojin said then grinned at Hyungseob which was looking at him with wide eyes before looking away.

“You don’t need to..” Hyungseob murmured.

“But I want to!” Woojin insisted as he pouted, “I don’t want to see you like that, you seem to be a nice person so there’s no particular reason for them to bully you. They’re just jealous because you’re quite tall, and you’re so handsome! You looked like an idol--no, wait! You’re like a living prince charming!”

“P-Prince Charming?!” Hyungseob was flustered ond again before shaking his head furiously, “I am not like that. I am just a clumsy loser who can’t do things right..”

“Hey, don’t say that! Everyone has its own weaknesses but all of us have our own strength!” Woojin cheered him up as he kept on talking to him and Hyungseob realized that Woojin’s smiles were quite adorable—especially his snaggletooth.

 

 

 

After eating, Woojin assisted him to his next class and Hyungseob thanked him once again before entering the classroom. Woojin could've attended his class but for a certain reason, he wants to observe and just watch Ahn Hyungseob for a whole day. His urge to protect him was really bugging the hell out of him.

He barely even know the guy, but his smiles—yes, Ahn Hyungseob while smiling is definitely the best expression of the pretty boy and Park Woojin can’t help but chuckle as he sat on the bench outside Hyungseob’s classroom. 


After two hours, Woojin saw Hyungseob trying to walk but the latter was limping so he immediately ran to his side and helped him which startled the taller boy and looked at him.

 

“P-Park Woojin?!”

Woojin nodded, “The one and only!”

“Why are you here? I-It's already dismissal time!” Hyungseob said as he frowned.

“Well, I want to help you. You seem to have a hard time walking so I thought that I should help you.” Hyungseob just tilted his head when Woojin grinned at him once again.

“Thank you but I can handle myself..” Hyungseob said as he tried to avoid looking at the other boy.

Woojin suddenly gripped his shoulder and just pouted, “C’mon, hyung. Do it for me.”

 

 

Hyungseob doesn’t even know why but he cannot resist this boy’s aegyo so he just nodded in defeat which made the other boy celebrate. It was raining really hard and it’ll be risky for both of them to walk in that kind of weather so they just waited in the corridor near the entrance of their school’s main building.

 

 

“Hey..” Hyungseob suddenly started to talk as he looked at Woojin, “Thanks for helping me out.”

“It’s nothing, Hyungseob hyung.” Woojin responded as gave him a thumbs-up, “But I was wondering, can we still hang out after this? I really want to be your friend and you seem to be a cool one.”

Hyungseob pouted as he shook his head, “No, I am too clumsy. I bet that you would even be irritated at me for my clumsiness.”

“Don’t worry,hyung. You’re not the only one that’s clumsy.” Woojin stated as he scratched his nape, “I’m also a bit clumsy too.”

“Really?” In all of the sudden, Hyungseob got interested on what the younger was saying.

Woojin nodded, “I actually did a lot of shameful stuff when I was a bit younger.”

“Oh, well.. people say that I’m kind of stupid too. And if I'm going to tell you all of the shameful memories that I’ve had, it’ll probably take us three days.” Hyungseob said as Woojin nodded.

“Well, if it’s three days straight on listening to your voice.. I wouldn’t mind,” The younger stated which made Hyungseob blushed that he covered his face because Woojin might have been seeing his reaction.

“Don't say things like that!” Hyungseob complained.

Woojin suddenly became worried that he might have made the older mad so he patted his shoulder, “O-Okay, I'm sorry.”

 

 


Hyungseob was about to speak when a lighting was heard and all of the lights on the corridor just turned off, there are only a few staff left on the school since most of the students had ran out of the place despite getting wet.

 


“Oh my god!” Hyungseob screamed as he hugged Woojin that was also startled.

“Ah, hyung? Are you okay?” Woojin asked him and he felt like Hyungseob shook his head, “Are you afraid of the dark?”

“I hate being in places like these, being in the dark is scary. Seeing nothing is scarier, seeing a  ghost is definitely the scariest!” Woojin heard Hyungseob complained as the younger kept hugging him.

Woojin chuckled, “It’s all right,hyung. Just hug me, I won’t leave you here. Shall we get out of the building already?”

“Yes. I don’t like dark places!” He heard Hyungseob shouted so he just laughed but it echoed throughout the corridor which made the older scared.

 

 

 

As they were walking near the entrance but the door suddenly opened and as the lightning strucked once again, they saw a silhoutte of a person between the doors which made Hyungseob screamed as if he just woke up from the worst nightmare and Woojin just hugged the older back while he screamed.

 

 

 


“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! A ghost, let’s get out of here! I’m scared! Ah, Woojinie!!” Hyungseob shriked as he kept on clutching at the other boy’s sweater.

“Hyung, the ghost is at the door. How are we supposed to get out?!” Woojin also asked as he kept on hugging the older.

“Let’s run?” Hyungseob asked him.

Woojin gasped, “Let’s run!”

“Hyungseob?!” They heard a voice and the silhouette kept on getting near.

“Wait, I know that voice..” Hyungseob said but he gasped, “Oh my gosh, Woojin! It must’ve been a doppleganger! Let’s run! Don’t let go, that doppleganger might have been imitating someone.”

“Let’s run,hyung!” Woojin screamed.

 


Woojin looked at his hyung, he never felt so sad as he looked at the older’s expression. He took a deep breath as he glared at the silhouette before looking back at Hyungseob.

 

 


“Hyungseob hyung, don’t worry now. Have no fear, Park Woojin is hear!” Woojin stated as if he was a superhero but Hyungseob just hugged him tighter.

“Have no fear yet you’re also scared? Are you kidding?!” Hyungseob said as he kept on closing his eyes.

“Just hide behind my back, I will protect you.” Woojin said which made Hyungseob gasped.

“But fighting that is impossible, we’re in grave danger!” Hyungseob warned him, “I don’t want Woojinie to be hurt!”

Woojin shook his head, “No,hyung. I don’t want to see you in this state, don’t worry. I won’t go down without a fight!”

“No!” Hyungseob shook his head furiously.

“Yes!” Woojin screamed.

 

 

He looked at the silhouette as he clenched his fists and glared at it, the silhouette isn’t moving at all but he can feel its gaze on him.

 

 

 


“Hey, you doppleganger! Don’t come near me or Hyungseob hyung! I’ll protect him! I’ll fight for him!” Woojin screamed as Hyungseob was hiding behind him, “Don’t hurt Hyungseob hyung because he is too precious and that is why I will protect him starting from now on until my last breath!”

“Woojin..” Hyungseob was already crying yet he was fascinated by the other boy’s bravado.

“Now, let’s fight! I won’t let you touch my Hyungseob hyung!” Woojin screamed and he’s thankful of the dark because he was really scared too but he knew that if both of them would be afraid, nothing good would happen.

“Doppleganger?” In all of the sudden, the lights were and they saw the person in front of them, “What the hell?”

Hyungseob blinked, “Eh? Euiwoong?”

“Hyung, I’ve been waiting outside the gate for more than one hour, and thirty minutes. I haven’t seen you went out..” Euiwoong stated as he gave the other boy a worried look.

“Oh.. you’re not a doppleganger.. doppleganger doesn’t exist.. oh.” Hyungseob said as he realized what happened and he can’t help but blush before looking at Woojin who was also blushing, “Woojin, I’m sorry for hugging and screaming!”

“You’re still hugging him..” Euiwoong stated as he shot a glare on Woojin, “Let go of my hyung.”

“Oh,sorry..” Woojin immediately let go of Hyungseob which made the older pout before chuckling, “That was too embarassing..”

“I know!” Hyungseob whined as he screamed, “I was already crying, ah. This is too embarassing.”

Woojin nodded, “But both of us getting embarassed isn’t a bad thing at all.”

“Oh.” Hyungseob looked at Woojin as if he was a genius, “You’re right! Then let’s stick together from now on! Let’s be friends!”

“Really!? That’s so neat!” Woojin said as he put his arm around Hyungseob’s shoulder, “Then we’ll be an iconic duo! And I’ll protect you from those ugly bullies!”

“Sure! Then we can do random things without regretting it!” Hyungseob stated while looking so excited and held both of his hands, “I must get your number! Let’s chat!”


“N-Number?! O-Oh sure..” Woojin can’t help but feel embarass because of the situation and gave his contact number to the older.

“And,there! Now we’re friends!” Hyungseob said as he pinched both of the younger’s cheeks, “Hyungseob finally had an another handsome and chic friend!”

“You’re praising me too much, Hyungseob hyung. You’re the pretty boy in here, I bet that you have a lot of admirers out there. If I met you in a different situation, I could’ve fell for you just by seeing you walk by!” Woojin stated as he grinned.

“E-Eh?!” Hyungseob blushes and immediately turn his back on the younger, “You just kept on teasing me, Woojin-ah.”

“Sorry,hyung.” Woojin said as he laughed.

“Ehem.” Both of them looked at Euiwoong which had a stoic expression on him, “Hyungseob hyung, we need to get home as soon as possible. I still have to do some research and experiments..”

“There you go again on your mad scientist side!” Hyungseob stated as he pouted.

Euiwoong facepalmed, “For the nth time, it’s ‘researcher’. Not ‘mad scientist’.”

“Mad scientist!” Hyungseob insisted as he stuck a tongue out.

“How old were you again?” Euiwoong asked while scoffing.

“Wait, are you also like Daehwi, and Sewoon hyung that was into researching?” Woojin suddenly asked but Euiwoong ignored his existence and just kept on looking at Hyungseob,“Um.. hey?”

“Wait, did you just said Daehwi.. and Sewoon?” Hyungseob asked as Woojin nodded, “They’re our friends! Guess what? They're a part of the research club and this guy is a living prodigy, having a lot of awards for his research and was also noticed by famous scientists! This is my best buddy ever, Lee Euiwoong!”

“Oh.. wait, you’re that Lee Euiwoong?! It’s a pleasure to see you in person!” Woojin said as he looked at Hyungseob, “You're really awesome,Hyungseob hyung.”

 

 

 

 


Hyungseob just grinned but in all of the sudden, he was dragged by Euiwoong outside as the younger gave him a spare umbrella and glared at Park Woojin once again.

 

 

 

 

 

“Who was that?” Euiwoong asked.

“He’s Park Woojin, he just transferred today an he helped me a lot.” Hyungseob stated in a cheerful, “He’s so adorable and that snaggletooth of his!”

“Tch.” Euiwoong just scoffed and turned his head away from Hyungseob, “I don’t like him.”

“Ey~ Don’t be like that, student council president!” Hyungseob stated then nudged him at his shoulder, “He’s a nice guy.”

“I don’t know,hyung. I really don’t like him at all, let’s go. We need to go home as soon as possible..” Euiwoong stated as he opened his umbrella and walked away from the entrance while Hyungseob followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

He can’t stop thinking of ways how to make that boy stay away from his hyung, he felt like that boy couldn’t be that trust-worthy but seeing Hyungseob’s smiles is definitely a sign for him to give that snaggletooth-ed boy a chance.

 

 


---


So here’s a somehow fluffy chapter about how Hyungseob and Woojin met ; w;