•4•

I'll Protect You

 

 

 

Woojin felt petrified for the first time as Euiwoong looked at him, he doesn’t even know why but it’s full of hatred.. and bloodlust. He was frozen from where he was standing but gasped when Haknyeon pushed Euiwoong, and a boy wearing a hoodie in the elevator as Haknyeon approached him.

 

 

 

“Hey, what's up? Why are you calling our Metamong?” Haknyeon asked him as he grinned, “You know that Euiwoong isn’t fond of you.”

“I know, but I just want to check if he’s alright. Hyungseob’s still missing, and I knew that it would really take a huge toll on him.” Woojin said as he looked at the elevator, “And who’s the person with him?”

“Ah, that’s—wait, you don’t need to know. It’s not that important,” Haknyeon said as he scratched his left cheek before looking at him with a worried look, “Hey, Euiwoong had been stressed so please avoid him at all cost. I don’t know what he might do to you if he’ll snap, you know that you’re the last person that was seen with Hyungseob-ah.”

“Hyungseob..” Woojin can’t help but feel worry for the boy who had been missing, “If only I didn't run away..”

“Uh.. pardon?” Haknyeon blinked, “Do you know anything that happened to Hyungseob? Spill the beans,dude.”

 

 

 

Woojin looked away and Haknyeon noticed the blush on his cheeks, he mentally reminded himself that whatever Woojin will be saying.. he wouldn’t tell a single thing to Euiwoong. Or else, a dead Park Woojin will be seen hanging in the middle of the hall.

 

 

“He..” Woojin can’t help but sigh, “I can’t say it.”

“Eh? Come on! I won’t tell anyone,dude!” Haknyeon persuaded him as he kept on grinning, “It must’ve been a romantic one, considering as the two of you were always together.”

“Hey!” Woojin shook his head before leaning at the wall, “Actually, we went to Justin’s abandoned mansion on the last day he was seen and he.. confessed to me. I don’t know how to respond so I rejected him, I expected him to cry but he was smiling as if he accepted it and said that he’ll be staying on the mansion for a while. I thought that he was going to need some personal space so I ran away from the mansion, if only I didn't.. he should’ve been here with us. Ah, I’m so dumb. I can’t even respond on his confession right.”

“Why? Do you like him?” Haknyeon asked and Woojin blushed brighter so he chuckled, “I’m right, am I?”

“Yes.. but this isn’t the right time. I should do my job as a researcher,too. I should focus on helping the others find a cure for this apocalypse, so I thought that it would be a bad time for romance and stuff. It’s not like in the books where despite the challenges the characters were facing, they even chose to love.” Woojin explained as he crossed his arms, “If only I confessed earlier to him, it should've been a happy end to both of us. Yet I’m a chicken who cannot even respond to the confession of the guy I like.”

Haknyeon faked a smile and coo-ed, “Oh, lover boy’s regretting what he did. But do you think that Hyungseob is still alright? There’s a lot of zombies, and the infected ones out there. He might have been ea—”

“No!” Woojin shook his head, “I w-wouldn’t take that, I’ll blame myself for that. He doesn’t deserve to experience that.. Hyungseob hyung..”

“Then start blaming yourself, you know the possibility. And even if he’s still alive, you wouldn’t win him back that easily.” Haknyeon stated as he sniffled, “I'm going now, I should change my clothes now.”

 

 

 

As Haknyeon walked away, Woojin glanced at the elevator. He felt like following Euiwoong so he walked up to the floor where Euiwoong went and gasped when he realized that it was the eleventh floor that was not allowed for a lot of people except some of the researchers that was favored by the government.

 

 


“So Euiwoong is one of them? It figures, it’s like he’s a prodigy or something..” Woojin mused as he looked at the list on the wall, “Joo Haknyeon is in here too. There are also ten other researchers, wow.”

What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

 

It was really dark but the lightning illuminated Euiwoong behind him, staring at him with a weird stare. His eyes looked lifeless as he stared at Woojin, the boy felt like he should run but was frozen in place once again.

 

 

 

“E-Euiwoong, I just came to check on you..” Woojin said as he tried to smile.

“You knew that other researchers aren’t allowed in this floor,right? Do you even know what we might do if you disobey the rules? Are you that stupid, to look for me despite doing a horrible thing to me? To Hyungseob?” Euiwoong kept on asking while looking at him with no emotion yet his eyes showed hatred for the younger male, “You know what, I should get you out of the picture in order for me to be happy.”

“W-What are you talking about? If it’s about me going here, I’m terribly sorry.” Woojin looked away but Euiwoong just kept on staring at him, “I’m also sorry for what happened to Hyungseob, it’s all my fault. I’m really sorry.. I just want to check on you because I know that you’ll be the one that will be affected the most because of his disappearance. You cherish him so much as a bestfriend.”

“Wait, your fault? What have you done?” Woojin shivered as Euiwoong’s eyes widened while looking at him in a creepy way, “What? Cat got your tongue? Answer the question, what did you do to Ahn Hyungseob?”

“I..don’t think that this is a good place where we can talk about it,” Woojin said as he faked a smile.

“No, this is indeed the best place to talk about it. Hurry up and tell me everything,Park Woojin.” Woojin felt sick as Euiwoong stated his name, it’s like Euiwoong despise him so much.

 

 

 


He was about to talk when he heard a yelp on a room where Euiwoong seems to be in a while ago, Euiwoong seems to look surprise as he took a glance at the room. It seems like he was somehow afraid, or panicking on what happened in the room.

 

 

 

“Euiwoong, are you alright?” He asked but Euiwoong glared at him, “L-Let's talk about this soon, but not now.. I guess.”

“I don’t need to talk to you, but whatever you’ve done to him.. I will make you pay. This is why Hyungseob shouldn’t make friends with someone like you, you’re just like the rest of them. You’ll hurt him,too. If I’ll have him back, I won’t let any of you get near him. I’ll protect him.. from you, and to all of the s who’ll try to hurt him.” Euiwoong smirked as he kept on glaring at Woojin, “Besides, you will never have him. I won’t let you have him, the next time that you will see him.. he won’t even look at you. Now, get your ing face out of here.”

 

 

 

 

Woojin felt like he was about to burst, he felt mad by thinking about what Euiwoong just stated but he just went to his own room and sighed. Everything was too complicated for now, he wouldn’t even understand why Euiwoong told him that. But the thought of Hyungseob ignoring Woojn’s existence made him feel pain.

 

 


“Hyungseob hyung.. I’m so sorry..” He whispered as he closed his eyes, remembering the smile that makes him smile too.

 

 


-----


“Woong, the thunder.. I’m scared..” Hyungseob whimpered as he was crouching on the wall. The story book that he was reading was in the floor next to him.

Euiwoong didn’t know what to respond but he just smiled and took Hyungseob to his own room, “Don’t worry, the thunder won’t hurt you. Besides, you’re safe in here.. no one will hurt you in this place. I’ll protect you, Hyungseob hyung.”

“You saved me before, and now you’ll protect me. Are you knight..or something?” Hyungseob asked in confusion which made Euiwoong giggled.

“Knight? But hey, being your prince is better!” Euiwoong said as he patted Hyungseob’s head.

The infected one pouted, “But that means that I’ll be the princess, I don’t want to be the girl one!”

“Why? Can’t a prince fall in love with an another prince?” Euiwoong asked as he watched Hyungseob’s reaction but he felt disappointed when he saw the boy being confused.

“Love? It’s really weird.. I don’t know what is love, Woong.. but being with a prince seems nice. It is comforting.. and sweet.” Hyungseob stated as he looked at the story book, “Based on the book, love is like being connected to someone in an intimate way. Like they’ll stay on each other’s side until the end.., no loneliness, and pain.. just love, and happiness..”

“That book seems to have influenced you a bit,” Euiwoong mused as he grinned, “Do you want to know the feeling of being in love?”

Hyungseob nodded but looked down on the ground, “It seems scary, on the book.. there’s a scary witch that will do everything to prevent the prince, and princess to fall in love. Thunders are like evil witches, they’re scary.”

“Witches,hmm?” Euiwoong looked at him as if he was the most precious thing before leaning in front of him as he kissed his forehead, “I wouldn’t let any witches get in the way. Just believe in me, and Haknyeon hyung. We will protect you from the evil witches.”

“You're so cool, Woong.. I..wish.. that I’m like you..” Hyungseob pouted as he looked away, “My eyes.. are different.. I feel different.. and I’m hungry..”

 

 

 


Euiwoong hugged him tight once again and Hyungseob liked it, Euiwoong’s warm unlike him. He want to feel that warmth for a long, long time. If only he could embrace Euiwoong forever.. his warmth is comforting, and nice.. just like the feeling of being in love based on the book.

 

 

“Don't worry, you’ll be like me soon. You won’t be different soon enough, just do what I say and believe in me, adore me.. and fall in love with me,” Euiwoong assured him before he smiled again, “No, scratch that.. I will make you fall in love with me, and I’ll eliminate the evil witches that will get in my way.”

“But don’t kill them, witches have lives too. Just prevent them.. there are other witches that were nice too.” Hyungseob retorted.

Euiwoong blinked before laughing, “You’re too nice.”

“Woongieee.. you’re so warm..” Hyungseob stated as he hugged him back, “But I’m hungry.."

“Oh, don’t worry. This room have everything that you needed, there are clothes here, there’s a mini-fridge filled with food, a bookshelf filled with books and drinks and the bathroom is also in this room. But I’m sorry, I have to lock you in here for a while, as you can see.. my laboratory is just outside. There are dangerous stuff in there..” Euiwoong explained as he backed away from Hyungseob then looked at the room where Bae Jinyoung was in, “And no matter what happens, ignore that room. Don’t even look at it or listen to the voice coming from inside.. there’s a monster inside that room.”

“I wonder..” Hyungseob murmured before looking at Euiwoong, “You’re like a witch, Woong! The witch had locked the girl in a place too. But you don’t look like evil at all.. and you’re the prince,right?!”

Euiwoong nodded, “Indeed. I’m your prince.”

 

 

 

As Euiwoong smiled once again, Hyungseob felt weird because there must be something behind the sweet smiles. But he shruged the thought because deep inside, he wanted to see Euiwoong’s smiles. But in the back of his mind, someone was smiling—his snaggletooth was standing out which made Hyungseob wonder.

 

Euiwoong doesn’t have a snaggletooth. What was that just now? That smile just made him smile,too.


-------
Jinseob isn't dead y'all ㅋㅋㅋ