Prologue

I'll Protect You

“Ahn Hyungseob wasn’t here?” Euiwoong asked his co-members and all of them shrugged, “He should’ve been here now. It’s already evening, and who knows what might be lurking around these areas.”

“But if he's still not here then maybe..” Dongbin didn't continued what he said especially when Euiwoong glared at him.

“Let’s search for him.” Daniel suggested.

Sungwoo shook his head, “Are you ing kidding me?! That is just too ing risky,okay?! No. Let's search for him tomorrow.”

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone seems to agree, and Jonghyun already told them to rest at their room while the night shift slayers, and guards went to their spot. Euiwoong cannot keep calm, something is definitely not right. He looked at Hyunbin, which was his partner and sighed. He silently went out of the headquarters with only a rifle, a grenade, and some ammos in case that he might run out of it. 

 

 

 

Euiwoong isn't as stupid as the others, he knew how the zombies can sense their surroundings so he used all the tactics that he can in order to arrive at the last place where Hyungseob went. An abandoned mansion which is quite near their headquarters.. and it belongs to Justin’s family. It is one of the safe places that someone can hide in, and he’s sure that Hyungseob is in here.

 

 

 

As he opened the mansion, he gasped as he saw a zombie which was squashed into bits in front of the main hall. There were also blood tracks on the floor.. he was having a lot of ‘what-ifs’ after seeing it but shook these thoughts off his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“Woong, Seobbie might be an airhead sometimes but he wouldn't do things that would get his life in exchange.” Euiwoong reminded himself.

 

 

 

 

 

He followed the blood tracks as it leads to the luxurious yet eerie basement of the mansion that was filled with rooms that were covered in bars. Euiwoong wondered why Justin’s family made a basement with these.. are they animal keepers or they just want a private jail?  

 

 

 

He heard some growling and that’s the queue for him to tighten his hold on the rifle, he slowly went to the source of the sound and he immediately regretted it. Inside a jailroom was Ahn Hyungseob, his bestfriend slash childhood friend. He should be happy for seeing him but everything seems to break down into pieces as he saw his own friend in a depressing state.

 

 

 

His pale skin had been paler than the usual, white eyes which used to be a pair of intoxicating hazel brown orbs, and at his left arm, a bite mark can be seen. Ahn Hyungseob is one of the things that he used to be frightened of, he’s totally one of the undead.

 

 

 

 

And Euiwoong felt like he is the worst friend that ever existed.