Blooming

You Can See Beauty (Ver. 2) [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What else do you want me to do?" Wonwoo fights back. Jisoo shakes his head and takes a seat on his too comfortable bed that he doesn't feel like using it at all. He watches as his half-cousin walks around looking panicked and he can't blame him, really. But the accusations and sour looks thrown at guys whenever they see Byeol should be stopped. "I don't know who Mingyu is."

"But you managed to hurt him."

"I didn't." He quickly defends himself. Jisoo raises his hands as if saying Wonwoo has won tonight but neither are pleased. They go silent when he also takes a seat in front of Jisoo, both of them looking distressed and Wonwoo grunts.

"Relax, will you? I don't mean to offend you but I know Byeol more than you. And she doesn't work like the way you think she does, so you have to trust me more."

"I know I just—" He listens as a door opens then closes. "I don't know. Fine."

"And apologize to the both of them first thing in the morning." He opens his mouth but Jisoo turns all lights off. "It's the least you can do."

He hears Wonwoo grunt and plop on his bed. He knows he'll listen.

When he woke up and went down the stairs he noticed Byeol with Mingyu in the kitchen, the girl had made herself comfortable at the kitchen island with her Braille book while Mingyu shuffled around with an apron around his waist. Wonwoo leans on the entrance and when Mingyu sees him he stands straight.

"I wonder what the others are doing or are they awake already." Byeol hums. She notices Mingyu's silence and looks around, trying to feel if the person she's talking to is still with her. "Mingyu?"

"Ah, I don't know." He answers. He turns back around and uses a knife skillfully.

From the other side Wonwoo looks at him as he drinks a glass of water. He doesn't know how to open the conversation up without feeling embarrassed about it, but since it was Jisoo and he is their eldest cousin he'll have to listen.

He puts the glass down and Byeol turns her head at the action.

He sighs loud and clear. "About what happened last night,"

"Wonwoo?"

"It's fine." Mingyu smiles and waves a hand. Wonwoo pushes himself off the counter, rubbing his half-sister's head.

"Hey, I'm sorry."

"Hm? Why?" Byeol leans on his hand. Migyu silently watches and suddenly clears his throat, with Wonwoo retracting his hand too quickly. He also clears his throat.

"Well—"

"Good morning!" Seungkwan leans on Mingyu. "Whatcha cookin'?"

"Get off me."

"So cold." He makes a face. He turns toward the siblings behind him and grins. "Did you just woke up, Wonwoo?"

"Yes."

"Your bed head says so." Then he suddenly pulls him away. Wonwoo looks at him weirdly but Seungkwan assures everything will be fine to which he becomes more confused. He meets the others at the balcony, with all lovebirds being very touchy with each other. Wonwoo gags at them.

"It's too early to do this thing. Stop it." He rubs his eyes. 

Mingyu slides a plate toward Byeol, turning off the stove and putting a lid on his newly cooked dish.

"What is it?"

"I need you to try it first."

Byeol snorts. Mingyu reacts to that in amusement, sitting down beside her. He nervously taps on the marble as she takes a bite and when she nods, he feels his eyes roll back and he sighs in relief.

"Thank god."

He watches as she stands from her seat. Mingyu does too, removing the plate before anyone can get hurt if it suddenly crashes on the floor.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to call the others that breakfast is rea—"

"I'll do it! You don't need to go anywhere." He chuckles. Mingyu takes her shoulders and pushes her down her seat, running his way toward the outside world. He sees all of them laughing and he halts for a while, his chest expanding with too much happiness. It was too childish of him to treat his friends as strangers during the times he was feeling down but seeing them enjoying each other's company is a very great feeling.

Mingyu shakes his head and knocks on the glass door.

"Breakfast is served."

"Wow!" Soonyoung his lips and grins at Mingyu. "Are you going to play waiter for us today?"

He snorts at him and pretends to hit. "Not a chance."

Byeol smiles and with the help of Jisoo eats her food, with Wonwoo occasionally taking charge. They are all laughing at the Chinese boys who keep on saying wrong names on the dish Mingyu just made, some of them even going to erted levels and they can't handle them anymore.

Some of them fall from their chairs that Mingyu feels the second hand embarrassment and looks over Byeol laughing alongside Jisoo. He smiles and helps the others get back on their feet.

"My stomach hurts so much." Seungkwan whines.

"I'll do it." Byeol takes the utensils from Jisoo. He pats her head and joins the others in correcting Minghao how to say Korean words correctly. Jun is a fast learner as Jeonghan says all the time.

Byeol takes a bite of her food unbeknownst to her, sauce drips from her chin. Mingyu's eyebrows meet at the center. When no one decides to help her he changes seats and takes a napkin from the counter. It's one of those days wherein his soft spot shows naturally. He seldom lets people know that he's very close with his sister that babies her all the time, but Seokmin doesn't expect Mingyu to treat Byeol the same way.

His eyes widen just a very bit when he sees the two laughing quietly as Mingyu carefully wipes her chin with whatever thing was there. Byeol gives him a small smile and he responds, but Seokmin's eyes widen too much when he realizes how close their faces are.

"Is everyone done?" He asks albeit quickly. Mingyu pulls his head back and stands to throw the napkin, with Byeol suddenly looking red again. Seokmin is still not used to the fact that she really is blind to react that way.

 

 

They all walk around Jeju and going to places they have never ever seen before. It's like Seungkwan's a foreigner of his own hometown when he excitedly asks everyone to take a picture of this and that, and sometimes running around and having his mouth wide open when he sees something fascinating.

And again, Mingyu is the person who carries all their embarrassment on his shoulder while some people look at him like he's the most handsome person on earth.

"People like you a lot, don't they?" Byeol giggles. Mingyu rolls his eyes and adjust the arm around his own, the both of them walking to where their feet will take them. Wonwoo is still trying not to bore holes into this person's head with Jisoo's stopping him from doing so.

"I'm still not used to all the attention it's weird." He laughs. "Careful." They both ascend a small step with everyone now in front of them.

They enter a restaurant—the eldest people treating them to cebrate a newly found friendship—and both persons sit beside each other.

"We'll take this food package, please."

"And three additional pitchers, thanks."

They all immerse themselves in their own little worlds.

Byeol plays with the rim of her glass, listening as people around her talk and talk. The voice that stands out the most for her this time is Mingyu's. A bit husky, not that deep, and he laughs she feels like laughing too.

It's a pitiful thing she cannot and haven't seen even once what her friends and family look like but it's not like she can do anything about it. Byeol sighs at that thought and rests her back on the chair, still playing with the glass until Mingyu fills it with another liquid.

"Thank you." She gives a small smile at his direction.

And the sad feelings are there again when she hears them talk about different kinds of people and how they look like.

It's a hard task trying to picture all of those when all she sees is black. The only advantage she can think of is how her sense of hearing is too clear and clearer than anyone else around her. Sometimes getting hurt and not seeing Jisoo's expression is also one, but it has been one of her dreams to see if Jisoo's voice is as swee and melodious as how he looks like.

"Well, Seungcheol's too nice to pay for a very expensive dinner alone." Jihoon claps his hands. "Thank you so much."

Byeol shakes her head and Hansol helps her stand.

When they get back to Seungkwan's rest house, Hansol still hasn't left her side. She follows the sounds of his movements with her head, sometimes when he babbles she listens in.

Hansol notices her odd behavior and frowns.

"What's up?"

"Hm?"

"You okay?" He takes a seat beside her. Byeol sighs but nods her head with a smile.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Well..."

"It's late. You two should sleep."

"Yes, mom." He rolls his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter