Confusion

You Can See Beauty (Ver. 2) [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu hates projects a lot that he can trade his life for just 10 minutes of doing literally nothing. Seokmin is laughing at him from the other side of the room since he's partnered up with a girl who is head over heels for him, but he doesn't feel the same. And to top that all off, she kind of intimidates Mingyu because she can be very flirty with everyone.

He shudders and glares at Seokmin which actually catches the teacher's attention.

"Is there something wrong, Mingyu?"

"It's nothing." He slowly turns his head like a ghost and points at his friend.

Soonyoung also laughs even though he doesn't quite understand the whole deal. Mingyu whines and throws a soiled bread at him.

"You don't even know what's going on!"

"But if I were in your place I could've reacted the same way?"

"Okay, get your butts inside this counter. Now." Jeonghan taps the marble as he looks at his friends go inside their area. 

The bell rings and comes in a smirking Wonwoo.

 

 

"Where did Wonwoo go?"

"I don't know." Jisoo shrugs and flips the next page of his novel. Byeol takes a seat beside him, folding her walking stick, placing it beside her and opens a Braille book. Jisoo glances at it and chuckles. "You really like that book, huh?"

"It's better than doing nothing."

"Right. Vacation can for you."

The both of them fall silent, sharing each other some company. It isn't awkward since both like to be quiet most of the time, but Jisoo cannot help but stare at his cousin.

"How was your dare date with Hansol yesterday?"

"Oh, that?" Her fingers stop moving. Jisoo decides to close his book and turn toward her, fixing some loose hairs. "It was fun. He went shopping before we went to Diamond Café and Mingyu gave me the box."

"That's nice. Did you like them?"

"Very. But it's too much to buy a whole box, you know." Jisoo chuckles. "Hansol ate more than half of it."

"At least everything's gone."

"Yeah."

He opens his book again and this time, Byeol stops what she's doing.

"Jisoo?"

"Hm?"

"Can you tell what Mingyu looks like?"

 

 

They all warm up to Wonwoo after he takes a seat on a stool by the counter and orders a chocolate drink and pastry. Except for Mingyu, he's kind of intimidated by the stare he gets all the time but they can talk to each other. Though the questions being thrown at him are mostly about really personal things and he thinks he can't handle much of it.

Jeonghan might have sensed his discomfort as he guides Wonwoo to a different topic.

Thank you! He exhales. Mingyu goes inside the kitchen to finish the last batch of pastries he has to bake, when he suddenly remembers the box Seokmin told him yet again to keep in the fridge.

He opens them and a waft is he transported back to yesterday's events.

Hong Byeol.

It doesn't sound that good as the name rolled off silently in his tongue but who is he to judge. He shrugs and oils a pan, but stops yet again and sighs loudly.

"Jisoo's cousin."

He grips on the stainless table and throws a huge amount of flour on it. He coughs.

"I have never seen a blind person so close before." He shakes his head. 

She's even pretty.

"What?"

"Huh?" Soonyoung looks over his shoulder. "Did you say something?"

He is greeted by a very red Mingyu and his eyes widen.

"Are you okay?!"

"Yeah! I am okay!"

"Why are you yelling at me?!"

"Because you also are!"

Jeonghan does a face palm while Wonwoo laughs.

 

 

"Mingyu?" Jisoo adjusts his sitting position. Byeol hums and continues on reading. "Why?"

"Well, I already asked Hansol and he did a pretty good job. But I want to know your side."

"And again. Why?" She opens to say something but closes it yet again. Jisoo pats on his lap several times, thinking of the said boy's face. He doesn't talk that much with Mingyu—especially knowing he liked his girlfriend and even flirted a bit but that Mingyu was long gone—as he can be as gloomy as the rain or even worse. Like locking himself in their locker room even though it's the end of their shift.

"Jisoo?"

"Oh, yeah. Mingyu. Kim Mingyu is..." He looks at Byeol. "What exactly do you wanna know?"

"What does he do in Diamond Café?"

"He takes orders and serves people."

"What else?"

 

 


"I swear! And he suddenly exploded at me!" Soonyoung holds on his girlfriend's hands and pouts. Younghee laughs and pats them before she retracts, flipping on her assignment book but her boyfriend is distracting her. "I wonder what's with him."

"Well, to be honest, ever since I came along and became your girlfriend, he started to become very moody."

"But it's not about you, though."

"Well..."

Soonyoung gasps. "Did you do something to our Mingyu?!"

"Hoshi! Can you leave your girlfriend alone she's busy!"

"Oops. Be right back." He gives her a kiss on the forehead and Seokmin rolls his eyes. Nonetheless, he's happy for his friends but work should always comes first.

The both of them serve the new customers while Jeonghan and Mingyu are busy in the kitchen.

And speaking of Mingyu, he is still in the midst of calming down and trying to erase past memories from his head by thinking about his favorite food. Jeonghan quietly laughs at his attempts.

"Wonwoo told me you look like you're scared of him."

"Are you some kind of messenger or something?"

"I'm kind of a gossiper, if that's what you're thinking." Mingyu smiles. Jeonghan puts the clean dishes on the rack and wipes his hands clean. "He clearly remembers your uncomfortable and confused expression the first time he saw you. He even said your name sounded familiar, like someone said it to him already."

He thinks of the time he saw him down the road but shakes his head.

"Could've been Jisoo or their other friends. But hey," Jeonghan types something on his phone. "Let's talk later. Gotta take this."

"Sure."

Mingyu decides to go out and sees Seungkwan arriving, waving at them and takes a seat beside Younghee. His head starts to move from left to right.

"Hey! Looking for something?" Seungkwan leans on the counter.

"Me? No, are you ready to order?"

"I see."

People are weirding Mingyu out for the past few days he doesn't know what they're doing. It all started with Wonwoo and his terrifying stare, then Seungcheol's innocent smile, followed by Hansol's repeated words, Seokmin's laughs, Jeonghan's kind words, and Seungkwan's smug look. What is happening?

"I don't feel like getting something today. But I am here to get Byeol's cupcakes paid by the one and only Wonwoo."

"Oh, okay. Wait a sec."

He gets them from the cold container and hands them toward Seungkwan.

"She must like cupcakes so much."

"Byeol byeol likes sweets a lot."

Byeol byeol?

"Well, I might as well leave. See you around!"

"Ah, yeah." Mingyu punches on a button on the monitor but looks up. "Wait!"

Seungkwan stops in his tracks and turns around.

Mingu doesn't really have anything to say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter