Don't Wait

A night to remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Song Ji Hyo, do you regret sleeping with me?" He looked full face into her, without blinking. 

"Jal-mot-taess-eo (I was wrong), I'm older, I should have known better."

“Don’t say that! Do you know how much heartache I went through?! 7 years Ji Hyo! And I forgave you because I love you— I love with every single beat of my heart. Jebal—Not now! Not now that I have you closer than I've ever held you—you can't give up on us now!" 

"I don't want to ruin our friendship" she whispered. Her heart was aching, breaking, ripping itself apart. I don't want to lose you too...

He sighed. "I know. But the best relationships are build off of friendships Ji Hyo" reaching for her hands, she shook him off.

“JUST LOVE ME BACK!" He snapped as he held back tears. 

There was a long moment of silence between the two of them. 

“I need you as my friend, Kwang Soo"

He blinked back his tears and swallowed them. As far as Kwang Soo was concerned, it was simple. If you love someone, you'd want to be with them. If you don't want to be with them, you don't love them. Which meant Ji Hyo never loved him. It was simple as that for him. 

“I can't be friends with you," he exhaled. 

She didn't know what else to say so she stayed silent, listening to the sound of his breath. Suddenly he kissed her on the forehead, with all emotions of everything he had just said. Ji Hyo saw the same peace in Kwang Soo's eyes that she'd witnessed only a handful of times, and it hit her. Just like that, his content expression was only a reassurance for her. 

“I should get back to my room" he said; turning his back on her, he walked out. 

Kwang Soo stayed up that whole night, bickering with his mind. He couldn't quite figure out how and why he fell in love with Ji Hyo in the first place. Or why after 7 dreadful years, he maintained his love for her. The countless times that Ji Hyo dated others as he hopelessly stuck around praying for her relationships to end. And when it did, his hope was revived. "Maybe this time she'll notice me" he longed for. But it was short lived, his heart tore seeing her with someone new. Distressed, he waited again and yet again for another ending. In doing so, he'd somehow managed to let his heart break past the point of repair.  I can't do this anymore! I can't live my life like this!

 

 

NEXT DAY...

 

 

 

“Good morning! — Oh! Wow you look....Daebak! Noona sek-si-hae! (y)" Se Chan whistled. 

“Ahahaha....Good morning dae dongsaeng" She winked. 

“Are you hungry?" He asked. 

“ohm yes, very much so!"

“ohh Miss Mong,—Anneong haseyo Se Chan!" Yoo Jae Suk said sprinting down the hallway to greet them by the elevator. 

Right as they were about to pass by Kwang Soo's room, his door opened and with a loud bang, quickly shut close. ! Did they see me?! "Giraffe?" Yoo Jae Suk guessed, knocking on the door. Kwang Soo came out of his room dressed for a journey in his Tommy Bahama Havana shirt and jean shorts. 

“Hyung Annoeng! Annoeng Se chan! Anneong—" He tried looking past Ji Hyo, but her bare thighs caught his eyes. She was wearing a considerably short, high waisted short shorts with a skin tight crop top. It was way to revealing, Kwang Soo looked away, appalled. 

“Are you cold?"

"Gweanchanayo" (I'm okay) she said smiling. “I read that this going to be in the mid 80's today"

...This isn't my problem anymore. I don't care! I Don't care... 

“Ohh noona, I'm gonna have a hard time keeping my eyes off of you—" Se Chan said raking his eyes. 

I'm gonna kill this bastard!

A burning sensation filled Kwang Soo's chest. Se Chan flirtatious remarks had him wondering what a full day out in public would be like. I don't get her?! Is she foolish or is she doing this on purpose? He thought as he watched her blush at Se Chan's comment. 

Abruptly Kwang Soo yanked the hand Ji Hyo had on and pulled her closer to him. He looked at her with disgust, then proceeded to drag her back to her room. 

“Hyung, Se Chan, I'll join you after I have a talk with Ji Hyo" he said as he drifted off with her. 

Yoo Jae Suk left laughing with the worrisome Se Chan. Later he'd explained to Se Chan how close of a family they were, how they were practically siblings. 

“Change! Or so help me god, I'll bad mouth anyone who so much as looks at you." He said holding his temper.  

"Yaa Kwang Soo, have you lost your mind?"

"Not yet, but I will soon if you don't change!" 

"Kwang Soo—"

"CHANGE!" 

Hoel!  With increasing frustration, she threw her arms up in the air, exasperated with him. 

Kwang Soo felt uncomfortable and pathetic as he waited outside her door. He didn't want to make the same mistakes again; that led him to this glum, one-sided love. So he left. He made his way down to the lobby; loud screams of young female fans temporarily made him deaf. He waved and smiled as passed through the main entrance and into the far right door to the conference room.  It was closed off and much quieter; there he met up with the other members and Chen Bolin, who were all busy filling up their tummies. 

" ohh! Noona, you changed?! Ughh...I liked what you were wearing before. Andwae... my happiness just ..." Se Chan's sulky expression became even more exaggerated he as whined  even louder. " why'd you change, Noona?"

"Yaa, shi-kku-ro, your too noisy!" She growled as she tossed her hair back with one hand. She was displeased with her choice of clothing too, she was running late, so she slipped into a plain purple T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. 

“Yeogilowa!" Chen Bolin shouted to Ji Hyo, pointing to the seat he saved next to him. Waah this guy is soo cheap…molla!( whatever) It’s none of my business Kwang Soo thought as he reluctantly observed him. Bolin was extremely sweet and caring to Ji Hyo. He cut up her meat for her and fed her what she'd allow him to feed her. He shared his favorite Taiwanese dishes and wiped away any leftover food she had on . As cringe worthy as it might have looked to the running man members and as independent as she was, things felt rather natural with them. 

"Yaa you guys are too much! At this rate, you guys are going to completely steal all my camera time!" Ji Suk Jin mocked. 

"Hyung!....your camera time? It’s NOT trending." Yoo Jae Suk said as his eyebrows went up with declaration. 

After they had finished eating breakfast, they joined the mob of crazy fans outside. And to everyone surprise, Bobo and MoMo were widely popular in Taiwan. Almost every single poster mentioned them. A poster even labeled them as the "Brad-Jelina of Taiwan before the break-up". Exhilarated, a chilly breeze blew threw them. 

“Are you cold?” 

 Without waiting for her response, Bolin pulled off his jacket and covered her shoulders. “Ani! — ohh...thanks"  she smiled, looking up at him. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. Ji Hyo thought he must have gotten used to it, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating, nonchalant gaze, and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made the girls fall for him all the more. Despite all the opportunity that came his way he was a one-woman-man who prized genuineness and thoughtful conversation above lipstick and high-heels. He was handsome alright, but inside he was beautiful.

The crowd lit up as they whistled, cheered and shouted “Kiss-u-hay! Kiss-u-hay!

Kwang Soo spun around to see who they could possibly be addressing, only to find Ji Hyo leaning in to kiss Bolin. He lost sight of them through the many heads and couldn't quite make out their face, but seconds later the fans were loudly screaming in excitement. Oh my god... what did she do?  He tried desperately not to be affected by what might have happened but the more he thought about it, the more confusion, anger and shame infiltrate his bone. Constantly keeping a close eye on them from a distance, he watched Chen Bolin's chest pressed onto Ji Hyo's back while they tried to squeeze through the crowd.  When one fan tried to clutch onto Ji Hyo's shirt, Bolin quickly retaliated and pushed him away. Defensive, his arms circled her and "don't worry. I got you" he said. She felt her breath leave for a second and her heart fluttered hearing his voice. "Okay"

Much of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter