The Regret

A night to remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Hyo, already disoriented by her rough morning and confined in her Mong state  felt herself moving backwards. She only heard muffled voices and sensed feet pounding heavily toward her. Ugh! No! Not today! Ugh—I just want to fade in the background today! She whined. The feet came to a stop in front of her.

 

"Hi" she said suddenly, self conscious, as she adjusted her cap even lower.

 

" Yaa.... Ji Hyo, is that anyway to greet your husband?" Ji Suk Jin added elbowing her.

 

Nevertheless Chen Bolin didn't care, he just gazed at her; tilted his head as he peeked. His eyes piercing into her motionless figure. All around they stood patiently waiting in anticipation.   Talk! Say something she thought. Ji Hyo was convinced that if they were all quiet long enough, he'd hear her heart pounding. Shake my hand please! And let's get this embarrassment over with. Mortified by her appearance; her messy hair bun, her swollen and make-upless face, and her peculiar choice of clothing made her considered dodging the set far too many times, but it was too late now.

 

" are you guys shooting a movie or something?—Is this the kiss scene?" Se Chan added jokingly.

 

 ....I should have at least worn the red lipstick! Ji Hyo, drawn away by her appearance, subconsciously placed her hand on her lips. Yeah! I'm definitely not wearing any She frowned. As if Bolin could read her mind then and in that moment, he chuckled. "Momo?" He said, raising her chin.

Startled, she'd looked up at him. "Ohh jaka.. jakaman" she stuttered. But his face beamed with excitement as he jolted her off the ground and spun her in his arms. " Momo!"

 

A gentle pulling sensation took over her body and she hovered several feet above ground.

 

"Bogoshipo MoMo!" He shouted again as he twirled her around some more. A whole year had gone by without seeing her; though the fairytale swing was a bit extra, it was the only way he knew how to express himself. He missed her. Once he was satisfied, he gently let her down; squeezing onto her cheeks before parting. "MoMo Kyeopta!" He whispered into her ear. Ji Hyo bursted into laughter, rocking back and forth until she fell down. Wow... that was—kyeopta?..dega?

 

The laughter became contagious and surely everyone, except Kwang Soo had caught the giggles. Kwang Soo however, was furious.

 

" Yaa!... Chen Bolin! what are you doing?" He shouted, irritated.  " What the hell was that?!"

 

Ji Hyo rose in defense and faced him. " Ohh! Wae?!"

 

" Dont you think, that's a little too much for an introduction?" He said, imitating them.

 

Her eyes narrowed. "So?"

 

Kwang Soo looked at her. "Song Ji Hyo!" he said in a pleading voice before finally shrugging away in disappointment.

 

 "Yaa Kwang Soo, what are you doing ?" Yoo Jae Suk asked, stepping forward to point at him.

 

" Yeah, why are you so concerned anyways?"  Kim Jong Kook interrupted.

 

His face grew hot. "I'm not!"  he said as he clenched his teeth and forced himself to stay silent.  Why is everything going so wrong for me. Why soo fast?

 

The seconds that followed became awkwardly quiet. It was unusual for Kwang Soo to be so serious, so out of character, and so angry that it caught the other members off guard.

 

" Ahh...Do you see what happens when So Min is not around?!" Haha cackled, sensing the tension in the air.

 

The members twittered and a smile formed on Kwang Soo's lips; he blushed.

 

" Kue- gae aniya... jinjjja!" He said glancing over at Ji Suk Jin's direction.

 

" Kwang Soo even escorted her to the airport— did you know that Chen Bolin?" Suk Jin winked.

 

"  Ohh So Min?..she's not here?"

 

" NO, She!, ..Weent baaack to Ko-rea... plaane! swoosh—" Ji Hyo nodded as she held onto Bolin's wrist and pointed to the sky. Speaking English was clearly difficult for her, but it was worth a try, at least for him.

 

Bolin looked to the sky following her finger and quickly returned his gaze to her. Looking through the dark shades that framed her eyes; he removed them. Grinning widely "Araa!"

 

"Ara?"

 

" Mmm... araa.  I know Hangul" he said.

 

 " In fact, I learnt it just for you" his pupils dilated, pouncing right to left and left to right as he viewed her up close. Too close.

Intimidated, a cold shiver crawled down her neck and arms. A flashback appeared to her and Ji Hyo felt uneasy, especially seeing Kwang Soo's stern facial expression from the corner of her eye.

 

 " ohh... heh.. let— let me introduce you to the others?" She nervously giggled, taking a step back.

 

" Geu-reom!"

 

First she'd introduce him to Ji Suk Jin, who was right next to her then Yoo Jae Suk, Se Chan, Kim Jong Kook, and Haha. All in that order.

 

" And this is Lee Kwang Soo.." she said as they approached him.

 

" Ohh anyawesayo .. Lee Kwang— Soo-shi" Chen Bolin mumbled, steadily moving his hand out in front of him.

 

Despite that, Kwang Soo watched Ji Hyo expectingly.

 

" This is Chen Bolin" she murmured, shooting a dirty look at him.

 

" Ahh... annyeong" He nodded, shaking his hand insensitively before releasing. Kwang Soo had not the slightest interest in being admirable. And it was easily becoming more evident.

 

" CUT!" the director called. " let's take a break a here"

 

The members dispersed and made th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter