Fractured moonlight on the sea

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: So cold and so sweet.

Category: i don't even know but it may be a little creepy and a little sad

Title Source: Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine


Fighting off the chill that threatens to disarm her, Taeyeon ascends the creaking steps of the front porch and comes face-to-face with the huge double doors that she hadn’t seen in such a long time – not outside her dreams, at least.
 

She swallows before giving it a slight push, and the wood gives way like it’s welcoming an old friend.
 

She doesn’t dwell too long on the foyer; her feet lead her quickly to the living room, where she’s greeted by a smile so bright it almost hurts.
 

“Hi,” Tiffany greets her from the couch, pale pink dress flowing across her curves like water. The echoed response Taeyeon gives makes Tiffany smile wider. Taeyeon steps forward to reach the other woman, paying no mind to the figures by the hallways who’ve curiously come to watch them. She’s here for Tiffany, and no one else.
 

The moment she sits down, Tiffany's arms wrap around her and pull her close, and it’s cold. It’s so cold, but Taeyeon ignores it and tugs Tiffany closer, till she can hardly feel anything but the sensation of her.
 

Daffodils and lavenders spring to mind, of the warmth of the sun caressing her face as it tries and fails to compete with the husky laughter playing across her ears like a melody.
 

It isn’t long before they’re conversing freely with each other, telling of stories old and new, mundane or significant. Taeyeon talks about the young woman next door who’s been helping her carry her groceries. Tiffany speaks of the shattered window in the library, a casualty of the recent storm.
 

They talk and talk, until Taeyeon feels a twinge of pain on her back and Tiffany, noticing her flinch, holds her hand and furrows her brows with worry.
 

“I’m okay,” Taeyeon reassures her.
 

Tiffany doesn’t respond, and instead, cups her cheek. Pulls her in, and gives her a lingering kiss. Taeyeon sighs against her lips, aching for more than just this. This one split-second where she can almost feel warmth in this cold and empty house.
 

Tiffany assists her back to the front door at the of midnight. They face each other one last time for this year, and in Tiffany's eyes Taeyeon sees love and hope and sadness and joy and worry, all at once.
 

She tries to kiss the sadness and worry away, one more time, finishing it with a gentle “I love you.”
 

And a promise of “Soon.”

 


A/N:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!

I was spewing so much weird and my friend was like, "You need to let your weirdness out in your writing. I think you're having withdrawal," and ta-da. Inspired by the recent (and awesome) horror series I've binged. ((Honestly sorry if I indirectly spoil something in case you end up watching that show.)) Sorry it's so short DX Writer's block and med school still going on. :(