Ice cream doesn't

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Ice cream doesn't , unlike you. -or- I'd rather get brain freeze than see you again.

Category: ouch?


Tiffany haphazardly tosses her purse on the end table, quickly unclasping her earrings and taking off her heels. Within minutes, her floor-length gown of silk is replaced by a pink hoodie and gray sweatpants.


She stares at herself in the mirror: tired eyes still donning a heavy amount of eyeliner, a sad frown that she wishes she could easily remove like the makeup on her face.


She decides that since she's already looking quite pitiful and pathetic, adding a tub of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey to the equation won't really matter much.


Tiffany's just about to get the giant dose of comfort food from her freezer when the sound of the doorbell stops her in her tracks. She sighs and looks down at her clothes. Ah, it, she thinks and walks to the front door, opening it with barely a care.


Tiffany should be surprised that Taeyeon's there, standing on her front porch, still wearing that beautiful white lace ensemble that reminds Tiffany so vividly of their wedding day, but she's not. To be honest, she doesn't feel much of anything. She's tired and she wants her ice cream and not this big dose of heartbreak staring at her in obvious surprise.


"...You changed..."


"Yeah, well that's what you do once you get home," she deadpans.


"I- " Taeyeon reels back a little at the obvious bite in her voice, and Tiffany closes her eyes in resignation.


"What do you want, Taeyeon?"


"I...you left early, so...I..."


"You what?"


"Tiffany..."


"Why did you even come here? Not here in my house, but here in LA. With her. Was Korea not enough? Did you want to follow me around and hurt me here too?"


"Tiffany..." Taeyeon says softly, stepping forward but stilling immediately when Tiffany takes a step back.


"Please. You should go." And Tiffany hates how her voice cracks and how her eyes fill with tears because she's strong and she's the freaking CEO of a world-class fashion brand, but this tiny woman has the power to bring her to her knees and destroy her. She already has and here she is, back for another round when Tiffany still hasn't recovered from the last. "You have someone to come home to, and you don't know how much it cost me to know that you have someone you love to come home to, so please don't take it for granted. Go back to her and just...just leave me alone."


Taeyeon opens , but Tiffany shuts the door and turns away, breathing heavily. She's made her choice, and she chooses ice cream. Ice cream. That's what I want. The most ice cream can do to hurt me is give me brain freeze, and that'll only last minutes and not years.

 


A/N:

It's 6 am, and I just remembered that I wrote this little piece of pain for steph (@squishykimtaeyeon) ages ago because I told her all about this AU I've thought of in my head that will never see the light of day -- but she told me to at least write a shortie for it because she was craving angst (because angst for her is like ben & jerry's ice cream--a TREAT) and likes it when it's tiffany-pining-angst (which I admittedly really love too...).

Anyway, this is the product of that, and I wanted this AU to at least catch a tiny glimpse of sunlight. :) I hope there are enough clues for you guys to piece together the stupid painful-for-the-sake-of-being-painful story I had in mind :))

(Also, yellow lights by harry hudson is a heartbreakingly beautiful song i just discovered and if you want to, you should totally listen to it. and feel that heady amount of what the hell once it gets to the last few lines.)