We love like battleships

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Some love for the Greeks. And the medical geeks.

Category: Fluff, (medical) sorority AU

Title Source: Battleships by Daughtry


“She’s staring again.”
 

“Why does she keep staring at you?”
 

Tiffany paused her scanning of the registration form and briefly lifted her eyes to see the cause of her friends’ distress. She met Kim Taeyeon's gaze, who was absentmindedly spinning her pen and – yep – definitely staring at her.
 

She turned her attention back to the paper she was holding, at the same time taking her phone out of her pocket. “I don’t know. Maybe she’s trying to sneak a look at this form to see how many donors we’ve had so far.”
 

It was a rarity for both medical sororities to host two events in the same venue; some would even consider it borderline insane – with the ‘some’ being half the members of each sorority. But they were both pressed for time, so just this once, they let it slide. Tiffany's sorority was carrying out a blood drive, while Taeyeon's was giving out free vaccinations.
 

Sooyoung snatched the form out of Tiffany's hand, shielding it away from prying eyes. Yuri was instructing her to block the registration station with her body before she was called to take the blood pressure of another potential donor.
 

Tiffany rolled her eyes at her friends’ antics and sat down at one of the unoccupied chairs. She began typing out a message on her phone, making sure her friends weren’t paying any more attention to her.
 

HMY: Stop. Staring.
 

Send.
 

At the corner of her eye, she saw Taeyeon looking at her phone. And then tapping quickly on the screen. She got a text soon after.
 

KTY: I can’t help it.
 

KTY: You’re so beautiful.
 

Tiffany bit at the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling at her shameless flirt of a girlfriend.
 

HMY: Shut up.
 

HMY: But thank u. And ur beautiful too.
 

HMY: But also stop because my friends think ur spying on us.
 

KTY: Yeah. I am. Spying on their beautiful president.
 

Tiffany couldn’t even stomach a response anymore. She was about to pocket her phone when another message came in.
 

KTY: Okok I'll stop HAHAHA. See you tonight 😉
 

Tiffany shook her head and chuckled under her breath, finding it ridiculous how her heart fluttered because of a simple text.


A minute later, she was declared slightly tachycardic and was told to rest for ten minutes so her pulse would slow down before she would be allowed to donate blood. Taeyeon had heard the whole thing and was trying her best not to burst out laughing.

 

***

 

A knock on her door shook Tiffany out of her study-induced haze, scattering a few papers and pens as she fumbled out of her bed towards the door.
 

She opened it to find her very cuddly girlfriend carrying a backpack and wearing a dark blue hoodie with a green dinosaur on the center. She yanked Taeyeon into her room and impulsively gave her a warm and not-so-chaste kiss.
 

She was about to pull away when she felt Taeyeon's arms wrap around her waist, drawing her nearer. Their lips melded for a few more moments, until Tiffany finally broke off with a breathless laugh. “We’re supposed to be studying together,” she reminded Taeyeon.
 

“You started it,” Taeyeon said with a pout, refusing to let go of her.
 

“Yeah… I just remembered what happened awhile ago during our blood drive.”
 

“You mean about you being very distractingly beautiful?”
 

Tiffany felt her cheeks warm. “Stop…”
 

“Like I said, I can’t help it.” Taeyeon's grin was borderline-Cheshire. It was fun to girlfriend, especially when she got adorable reactions like this.
 

“So cheesy,” Tiffany muttered, “Anyway. We have to study. Come on.” She held one of Taeyeon's hands and led her to the bed.
 

“I’m so glad Mu’s sorority house is under construction,” Taeyeon mused, “You get a dorm room and I get to actually spend some alone time with you without fearing for my life.”
 

Tiffany laughed. “They’re not going to kill you, you know.”
 

It wasn’t until about two hours later, when Taeyeon was resting her head against Tiffany's stomach as she read through the second half of her lecture notes that she resumed their conversation out of the blue. “Are you sure they won’t kill me?”
 

Tiffany peered at her over her glasses. “Huh?”
 

“Your sisters. I mean…sooner or later, my clumsy self will mess up and they’re gonna find out we’re dating because I would accidentally post my snapchat nudes in public or something.”
 

“Wha?! Snapchat nu- “ Tiffany snorted. “Oh my god.”
 

“If you’re not opposed to that idea, I totally wo- “
 

“I am opposed to that idea. There are less accident-prone ways to send nudes, Kim Taeyeon.”
 

Taeyeon shot up the bed faster than lightning. “You- I- Really???”
 

“We’re getting off-topic.” Tiffany almost laughed at the flash of disappointment on Taeyeon's face. “Anyway, they’re not. Maybe they’re gonna screech a lot at the beginning and demand to know the story down to every last detail, but they’re my sisters. Once I tell them that I love you, they’re going to swoon and screech again and maybe threaten you not to hurt me, but that’s it.”
 

“But we’re the presidents. Of two different sororities.”
 

Tiffany shrugged. “I won’t let that hinder me from being with you. Will you?”
 

Taeyeon shook her head vehemently. “Never.”
 

“Then I don’t see why we have to worry. Unless your friends will kill me?”
 

Taeyeon laughed at the thought of it. “Nah. I think Jessica kind of even has a crush on you.”
 

“Hmm. She’s really pretty. I- “
 

“Don’t. Even.” Taeyeon pounced on her girlfriend, tickling her sides until tears sprung from the latter’s eyes due to laughter.
 

“Okay okay okay okay!!! STOPPPP!” Tiffany squealed.
 

Taeyeon finally showed some mercy and stopped, but she still continued to cage Tiffany who was lying down beneath her with her arms. “So… What is this so-called safe way of sending nudes?”

 


A/N:

It's quite hard for me to write nowadays because of the lack of motivation or A DECENT PLOT IN MY HEAD TT Look at me, already using my real-life experiences just to spout out stories :( 'M sorry. I hope you still liked it nevertheless ahahahaha