Show me how big your brave is

Are you down for the ride? (TaeNy One-shot Collection)

Summary: Stupid & Blind meets Flight Response Activated.

Category: Angsty fluff

Title source: Brave by Sara Bareilles


Tiffany stood in the middle of her living room, pondering her next move. Should she take a bath? Eat dinner? Drink some wine to relieve some stress?
 

She had just gotten back from the office, and it was already 9 pm. No one should have to work that long. No one.
 

Just as she decided to take a bath before doing anything else, her fingers already clasping the first button on her top, there was a knock on her door.
 

Closing her eyes in silent exasperation, she grumpily let go of her blouse and walked towards the door.
 

She blinked back at the brown eyes looking up at her, eyes full of emotion Tiffany couldn’t place.
 

Tiffany was brought back to about a hundred memories of practically the same situation, and she thought she’d gone crazy because maybe she was just reliving a memory. Because Taeyeon being here right now was next-to-impossible.
 

They stared at each other for so long.
 

Tiffany broke the eye contact and looked around her apartment. She glanced at the plush white carpet she had just bought to give her new place a comfier and classier visage. She scrutinized the In-N-Out takeout bags filling up her trash bin. Was about to march into her bedroom and look out her window to check the streets outside, when Taeyeon stopped her with a soft “What are you doing?”
 

Tiffany turned back to the shorter brunette. “I was making sure I’m still in California. Not South Korea. I am, right?”
 

Tiffany watched as Taeyeon huffed out an amused breath, biting her top lip to keep from smiling. Taeyeon nodded.
 

Even though Tiffany was somehow placated, it still didn’t quell the confusion furrowing her brows. “But then…you’re here. In California.”
 

Taeyeon looked at her, dark eyes almost smoldering in its intensity. She nodded again.
 

“Why?” There were so many other things Tiffany wanted to voice out. To ask. To demand, but she was exhausted. And she was sure the exhaustion she felt wasn’t only because of work. Her bones ached, her heart ached, and it was all because of this stupid woman standing in front of her.
 

“Because you’re here.”
 

 Tiffany didn’t know what to make of that. She wanted to shake Taeyeon by the shoulders. What the does that mean!? Her heart yelled.
 

“You ran, Fany.”
 

Tiffany’s right eye twitched. Yes, she ing ran. If she didn’t, she would have been incinerated to pieces. So yes, she ran. To save herself. Sometimes, you just can’t fight anymore, and you have to run. Survival of the fittest, and all that Darwinian crap.
 

“What else could I do, Taeyeon?” She huffed out. She knew she was being bitter and a bit rude. Rarely did she show Taeyeon this side of her. Tiffany always tried to show the best side of herself, the one that loved unconditionally and didn’t care that Taeyeon didn’t love her back. But she was bone-ing-tired of it all. Screw it. Screw unrequited love.
 

“Maybe you could believe in yourself a little bit more,” Taeyeon said angrily and a little-too loudly, shocking Tiffany into taking a step back.
 

Taeyeon advanced on her, past the doorway, and Tiffany wanted to shrink back at the unnerving intensity the former was diffusing across the entire room, because rarely did she see Taeyeon act this way, but Tiffany couldn’t move anymore because Taeyeon was holding tightly onto her shoulders and staring up at her.
 

“You told me I deserve someone better. Someone who will give me the love I deserve,” Taeyeon continued. “But why didn’t you say that it was you who could? Why did you sell me to another stranger out there when you could give me the love I deserve, and more?
 

“I know it’s my fault too, Fany-ah. I take what you give me and never give a breath in return. I’m stupid and blind, I know. But you don’t fight, either. You show me you love me, but never ask me for anything. I know you’re selfless, God, I know that, but you need to be a little selfish for once. Demand it from me. Take from me. Tell me you love me and grab me and kiss me. Because I’m stupid and blind, and you need to lead me to the answer sometimes. Or else we’ll never get anywhere.”
 

Taeyeon gently wiped away the tears that wouldn’t stop gracing Tiffany’s face.
 

Slowly, they smiled at each other, and finally, finally, it felt like everything had clicked into place.
 

“Maybe we got off on the wrong start. I’d like to take you out on a date, if I can. Woo you, compliment you, seduce you. Kiss you after a great night out. Thank God we haven’t ruined our first kiss. It’d be amazing, I bet—“
 

Tiffany grasped Taeyeon’s cheeks and fused their mouths together for the first time. Tiffany bet Taeyeon’s whole dating plan would’ve been amazing, but she’d been waiting years for this. And now that she could (but she realized that she always could’ve if she weren’t such a coward), it’d be stupid of her not to take the chance.
 

FIN. (++ prequel in the next chapter)