Transparent

Reputation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks. Three weeks you had to see Yixing every day for rehearsal. Three weeks you had to pretend you weren’t heartbroken. Three weeks you had to endure Chanyeol’s relentless apologies.

“Please just hear me out.”

“No, Chanyeol. I’m done with you trying to help me. Your plans clearly don’t work.” You snapped at the tall boy who blocked you from slamming your car door.

“That’s why I recruited someone else.” He mumbled quietly, avoiding your eyes.

“What did you just say?” You asked slowly with rage hinting in your tone.

“I might have got Baekhyun involved.” Chanyeol jammed his hands in his jean pockets.

“What?” You hissed and heard your passenger door open and close. Your attention flipped to the grinning idiot in the seat next to you.

“I know Yixing’s type. I can really help you,” Baekhyun explained as he glanced around your car, “First, you might want to clean this out.” He picked up a spare pair of your shoes and tossed them into the back.

“Do you have a death wish? You saw what I did to Sehun.” You whipped around to face Chanyeol.

“Why can’t you just accept our help? We mean well.” He smiled pathetically.

With a sigh, you yelled at him to get in before you changed your mind. The two of them went off about Yixing’s interests, like football, cooking, dancing, drawing, etc. Your ears perked up when they started talking about the musical.

“He’s been spending a lot of his time rehearsing for that play. You should figure out a way to get involved with it.” Baekhyun said excitedly, obviously thinking he had a brilliant idea.

. This wasn’t what you were expecting them to say. Your mind briefly stopped working as the words tumbled out of your mouth, “I already am a part of the stage crew. I help him practice his lines.” A hand flew over your lips at the realization of what you just said.

“What?!” The two guys exclaimed.

“I’m kind of the reason he auditioned… I told him I’d help him if he got a part.” You stared down at your hands in your lap.

“How has he not fallen for you yet?” Chanyeol blurted from the backseat.

Giving him a look, you continued, “I think I was friend zoned the day I tripped over that stupid water cow.” That earned a snort from Baekhyun. “I’m being serious. To him, I’m just his stepsister’s friend.”

“You’re going to have to make him see you in a different way then.” Baekhyun had a devious grin on his face, and you felt your stomach churn.

-

The art of seduction was something you never learned nor thought you would ever need. Just thinking about everything Chanyeol and Baekhyun told you made you sweat. Confidence was key. Dress in clothing that flattered your body but didn’t show off too much; leave a bit of a myste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter