Not A Secret Anymore

Reputation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do you even have wet dreams?” Hani laughed.

The two of you were hiding under the bleachers where you could see out onto the field. The gym coach’s legs kept veering across in front of you; you would whisper so she couldn’t find you. Running up and down the stairs was like asking you to trip and tumble down. This way you finally had a moment to tell Hani about the night before.

“I don’t know! I don’t even remember falling asleep.” You shrugged as you watched the football guys run around the track.

“You fell asleep before you had a turn at truth or dare. I can’t believe you dreamed I kissed Minseok…” She trailed off when your coach passed, “Like, I can barely look him in the eye.”

A comfortable silence fell over you, the thought of what happened after your dream clouding your mind. Chanyeol just so happened to jog by. He was sweet but was that a front or did he genuinely like you? What you thought was just hooking up apparently was leading him on. Being a football player, hook ups were instinct to them; why was he getting attached?

“So what are you going to do about the game?” Hani regained your attention.

Your stomach twisted more. “I really don’t know. He’s probably not used to be on the other side of rejection. I don’t want to hurt his feelings.”

“He’s hurt a lot of feelings. You’d be a hero to all those girls. , you’d be a hero to the whole female population. The irresistible suddenly realizing they’re not. That’d be a nice change.”

You sighed shaking your head. You knew what it was like to be rejected and it ing .

“Also, you don’t like him, remember? Why settle for Yixing’s friend?” Hani pointed out. “I say wear Yixing’s old jersey at the game. I’m sure Jia can sneak one from his closet.”

You looked at her with wide eyes, “Calm down, Satan.”

“Fine, don’t follow my genius idea. When you’re stuck as Mrs. Park Chanyeol, don’t come crying to me.”

“There are nicer ways to get my feelings across.”

“They’re under the bleachers!” A girl yelled from above, finally ratting you and Hani out.

“Y/N! Han!” Your coach’s voice was coming closer.

“!” The two of you gasped and began army crawling the out of there.

-

After saying goodbye to Jia, you headed down the hall to your locker. A student was stapling a flyer on the bulletin board nearby. As you put your books onto a shelf, you saw someone walk up to the board from the corner of your eye. You took a quick glance at the person and almost had a heart attack when you saw it was Yixing scribbling something on the flyer that was just posted. He stared at it for a moment before groaning and scratching it out.

“Hey.” A deep voice startled you from your other side.

“You’re going to have to not sneak up on me.” You held onto your chest and looked back to find Yixing gone as Chanyeol chuckled.

“I just came by to give you this.” He said with a smile. His hands held out his old football jersey.

You swallowed hard before taking it. Would right now be a good time to let him down? No one was around to witness it. Before you could say anything, he cupped your face and brought your lips to his. You felt guilty. He pulled back biting back a huge grin; he looked so happy, and it hurt your heart.

“Chanyeol,” You gazed down at the material in your hands, “Why are you doing this?”

His smile slightly faltered, “I think you’re nice and beautiful.”

“That can’t be it.” You shook your head as you spoke.

“… and because Jia said you would be good for me. I want to actually try to commit to a relationship.”

You were stunned. Jia put in the good word for you? And he wants to change? “I wish I had known that. I thought you just wanted to hook up…” You told him honestly.

“I moved a little fast, didn’t I?” He scratched the back of his head.

“Just… Just a bit, but you’ll figure it out.” You lightly laughed.

“Now, the guys are going to laugh at me since you’re not going to wear my jersey.”

“I’ll wear it. I can support you as a friend.”

“Really? You will?” His wide smile returned, and he pulled you into a tight hug, “You really are a catch, Y/N. You’re going to make someone very happy one day.” He spoke into your hair. You felt your heart flutter. He took rejection a lot better than you expected.

“I hope so.”

“So is the guy you denied me for Jongin?” Chanyeol asked as you let each other go.

“Oh, hell no. He’s like an annoying brother. I know and have seen too much.”

“You sure? I’m a pretty good wingman.”

“I’m positive, but I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Cool. I’ll see you tomorrow!” He sent you a smile before leaving the way he came.

With a sigh, you turned back to the bulletin board and crept up to it. The flyer’s heading was in a huge red font, spelling out “Bye Bye Birdie.” Below it were blank spaces for auditions, the first with Yixing’s name marked out. He wanted to try out for a musical?! You headed in the direction Yixing left.

The dance practice room unusually had music blaring. Through the window at the top of the door, you peeked inside. Yixing watched himself in the mirror as he danced with the music. You didn’t know he could move like that. Shifting on your toes, you tried to get a better look, but your shoe slipped causing you to fall into the door. Unfortunately, Yixing hadn’t closed it all the way, and you fell straight into the room. Yixing whipped around in surprise before pressing a button on a little remote from his pocket and pausing the music.

“I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to-”

“You’re Jia’s friend.” He cut you off, and you nodded. “Were you watching me?”

“Not exactly. It’s just no one is in here after school, and curiosity got the best of me.” You answered, avoiding his eyes. “I didn’t realize the door wasn’t shut.”

He nodded skeptically as he looked you over. “Are you okay though?”

“Yeah, I’m use to falling now.” You nervously joked.

A small laugh slipped his lips.

“Are you practicing for the musical auditions?” You asked, having gathered all your courage.

“Um,” His cheeks tinted pink as he scratched the back of his head, “I don’t know if I’m going to… Football players don’t do musicals.”

“Well, if this counts for anything, you’re an amazing dancer.” You smiled gently.

“Thanks… Are you auditioning?”

“Oh, no! There’s no way I could get up on stage in front of so many people. I think you would do really well since the whole school praises you and the rest of the team already.”

“I don’t think musicals and football are on the same playing field.” He chuckled, “The guys would think I’m a joke.”

“You shouldn’t let that determine what you do.”

“I wish it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter