The Old Games You Play

Reputation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A faint noise stirred you awake until you realized the noise was actually really loud. With squinted eyes, you found Jongin and Sehun standing at the end of your bed blaring some buzzer sound effect from Sehun’s phone. Hani groaned beside you and flopped her pillow over her head.

“How the hell did you two get into my house?” You sat up rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

“Your mom let us in before she went shopping.” Sehun turned the sound off to speak.

“I should really tell her to not let anyone in while I’m asleep.” You stretched your arms back and smacked Hani’s to keep her awake.

“Did you see that fight last night?” Jongin asked as he made himself at home and pulled your desk chair closer to the bed.

“Oh, my god, yes!” Hani shot up, slightly startling Sehun who now sat on the end of the bed, “Minseok looked so ing hot kicking that guy’s .”

“Tao? Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t own Minseok. Tao’s won tournaments or some .” Jongin commented.

“Does he go to our school?” You questioned.

Sehun and Jongin started laughing before one of them squeaked a ‘yes.’

“Really? I’ve never seen him before.”

“That whole group is pretty quiet, but they get into some bad sometimes.” Sehun said.

“Ew and Jia’s dating that guy?” Hani looked at you.

“We all have our deal breakers,” You shrugged and then looked to the boys, “I saw all the football guys out except for Yixing. Was he with you guys?”

Jongin and Sehun exchanged nervous glances, silently arguing over who should speak up. Finally, Jongin cleared his throat, “Uh, let’s just say they don’t call him Lay for nothing.”

You felt every bit of rage you’ve ever built up hit you at once. “What the ?! And you let it happen?!”

“Well, maybe if you had come back to spin the bottle it wouldn’t have. It landed on the girl next to Jongin.” Sehun quipped.

Your angry gaze moved to the frightened tanned boy across the room. “Who is she?!”

“I don’t know,” He held his hands up in defeat, “But he was really drunk and probably doesn’t actually like her. You know how those guys are.”

As if his words just popped a balloon with a needle, you deflated. This was a football boy you were talking about, of course he didn’t actually like her.

“You just need to confess. You’ve liked him for like ever now.” Hani spoke with honesty.

“And get laughed at by him and all his friends? No thank you.” You flopped back on your bed.

“If you’re worried about that, then he’s no good for you. I know someone who’d be amazing for you. Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin smiled.

“Ew, that kid that’s an office aid during study hall?” You cringed. Jongin hummed in agreement. “Looks like I’m writing a confession note. Get out of my chair.” You demanded as you quickly got out of bed.

-

The note was held tightly in your hands. Everything was on the line now as you headed straight for Yixing’s locker. You knew he would be there before class going through his locker with his headphones blocking out the rest of the world. Hani, Jongin, and Sehun were the most difficult people to help you write the note, but it actually turned out cute and sweet. Hopefully Yixing thinks the same thing.

Just as you turned down the hall, you heard a deep voice call your name from behind you. Slipping the note discreetly into your pocket, you turned around to see Chanyeol walking towards you. What in the actual …

“Hey.” You said as if you were questioning greeting him.

“Why do you look so surprised?” He smiled when he was close to you.

“I just didn’t think you’d remember my name after… Friday night.” You rubbed your arm nervously.

He laughed, not taking it as an insult. “I never forget, and hopefully,” He had you backed against a locker and leaned in on one hand above your head, holding your chin between his thumb and forefinger of his other, “You didn’t forget about our raincheck.” He winked down at you. Your cheeks must have been red because he smirked before heading over to his friends.

You watched him in shock, your eyes accidentally connecting with Yixing’s. Making an obvious turn to look away, you cursed yourself under your breath and hurried to your first class.

-

It was fourth period, and you dreaded walking into your literature class. Just as you predicted Chanyeol spoke to you again, walking into the room with you.

“Hey.” He grinned down at you.

“Hi.” You greeted and ran your fingers through your hair out of nervous habit. He followed you to your seat and sat at the desk next to you. “What are you doing?” You asked quietly.

“What do you mean?”

“You never sit on this side of the room.”

“Is it a crime to sit next to a beautiful girl?” There it was; those smooth words every girl wanted to hear. What you didn’t understand was why he was still talking to you. You knew he wanted a ‘raincheck,’ but all he had to do was call you up like he does with his many other affairs. You weren’t desperate, but you wanted to know how he was, you know…

“I- No, I guess not.” You blushed again, looking down at your hands in your lap.

Chanyeol propped himself up on his elbow on the desk to watch you. “What are you acting so shy for? You weren’t this shy at Joonmyeon’s.”

You looked at him like he was an idiot. “First of all, I was intoxicated. Second of all-”

“Are you saying you wouldn’t have done that if you weren’t drunk?” He cut you off.

“No, that’s not what I’m saying-”

“So you would do it if you weren’t drunk?”

“Yes, but that’s not the poi-”

“You’re cute when you’re flustered.” He smirked.

You sighed in defeat. This boy wasn’t going to listen. He had one goal: self satisfaction.

-

The bell finally rang. That ring had never sounded so sweet… Until Chanyeol threw his arm around your shoulders once you made it into the hall. What was his deal?

“You should sit with us at lunch.” He said, looking down at you with a charming smile.

“I usually sit with my friend.” You shifted under his arm.

“The one from the party? She can sit with us too!” His smile grew.

As the two of you walked down the hallway, girls threw you looks left and right. You didn’t want this attention; you didn’t want to be hated for Chanyeol’s clinginess. When you saw Hani waiting at her locker, she had to double take.

“Hey… Chanyeol?” She spoke hesitantly and began walking next to you.

“Hey.” He chirped.

You looked at her with wide eyes to which she replied with mouthing ‘what the .’

Sitting at the football table gave you a sens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter