Better As Friends

Reputation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You glared at Sehun across the lunch table. The small bandage under his right eye made you feel proud. It didn’t cover all the damage though. A dark bruise tinted his cheekbone. As the rest of the football guys made it to the table, they started to notice and chuckle a bit.

“What happened to your face?” Minseok asked, trying to not laugh.

-

“Is it really that obvious that I like Yixing?” You asked quietly as Chanyeol and you walked a bit behind the group.

He ran his hand through his damp hair as if he were contemplating something, “I-I was just kidding. I knew before I saw you talking to him actually… Um, Sehun told me.”

“What?” You hissed, rage beginning to build.

Once everyone branched off to their own cars in the stadium parking lot, you yanked Sehun back by his hoodie. He gave you an annoyed look that you quickly punched off his face, making him stumble over and hit the front end of Jongin’s car.

“My baby!” Jongin exclaimed and kneeled next to the bumper.

“What the was that for?!” He yelled, cupping his cheek on the ground.

“Think next time before you go around telling people my business!” You fired back.

“Seriously?! I’m trying to help you! All you’ve done is fiddle around! Chanyeol wants to hook you up with Yixing! Jesus Christ.” He defended himself.

“I could seriously choke you right now.”

-

“I, uh, got in a fight with someone from that other school.” He sounded slightly unsure of himself, “But you should see the other guy.” Sehun answered, earning a high five from Jongdae.

It took everything in you to not roll your eyes to the back of your head. The guys pressed on about the fight, and you no longer wanted to hear Sehun make up a story. You glanced down at your phone just in time to see a text from Yixing pop up.

> Hey, come to the dance room.

Making sure no one was focusing on you, you quickly told Hani you had to go do something for a class. As you walked across the school, you cursed the layout of it, the dance room being on the opposite side. It was relatively quiet until you heard a couple footsteps following behind you.

“Hey!” A rough voice called out, making you turn around. The blonde guy Tao and his tall friend from the party were staring you down.

“You’re Chanyeol’s girlfriend, aren’t you?” The friend asked with a subtle smirk.

You didn’t quite know how to respond.

“Listen,” He had backed you up against a wall, his hand propped above your head, as Tao continued down the hall, “Is he really what you want?”

Was he trying to steal you from Chanyeol? You felt like a little mouse under his towering body. “I-I don’t even know you.”

“You can get to know me.” His head tilted, almost as if he was taunting you.

“Kris, back off.” A new, demanding voice snapped nearby.

Yixing stood glaring, his hands starting to ball up into fists. Your heart pounded in your chest. Was he really going to take a swing if he needed to?

“Well, look who it is. The traitor.” Kris turned, giving you enough room to scatter behind Yixing.

“You know there’s more to life than drugs.” Yixing spat, “It’s a shame you didn’t get caught.”

“Not everyone has Mommy and Daddy to pay away their problems.” Kris scowled a moment longer and headed in the other direction.

Yixing gently grabbed your arm to guide you the rest of the way to the dance room. You hovered by the door while he went to the music player and pushed a few buttons. Was he not going to acknowledge what just happened? It wasn’t like it was your place to ask anyway.

“Did you think about the musical?” He asked casually, turning to face you.

“Yeah, um, I’ll do it.” You answered quietly. Why pass up the opportunity to see him all the time?

A wide grin spread across his lips, and you thought you’d melt into the hardwood floor.

-

He lifted the water bottle to his lips, and your eyes followed a drop of water roll down his chin and neck. Tossing the plastic on top of his bag, he headed back onto the field to continue drills. God, did Yixing’s look good in those sweatpants. They lightly hugged his legs and showed off his backside when he walked.

Your secret was killing you. Not telling Hani or Jongin about your private meetings with Yixing was the hardest thing to do. Sehun was already trying to ruin everything, but you couldn’t blame him. He had no idea you were talking to Yixing.

You and Hani were sat on the bench on the sidelines, watching the football players practice. She had been gushing about Minseok since you stepped on the turf. Most of it was blocked out as you gawked at Yixing, catching Chanyeol giving you playful, knowing looks.

“Y/N! Han! Do you two ever d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter