High Profiles

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Welcome to Seoul."

 

I looked up to see a not-so-tall girl with a prominent cheek bones smirking at me. She had long lashes and same double eyelids as mine! I can't help but to be mesmerized by her looks. She looked like a doll I had when I was a todler. An intimidating doll.

 

"I'm Lee Hayi. Suhyun's friend. Don't worry about them. This happens usually. They're making a fuss about some group of boys." she said as she took a seat beside me. She's also very chic. I like that about her. In terms of personality, she somehow reminds me of Irene unnie. 

"I know you already. You're Choi Dani. The new girl from L.A. almost everybody knows you. News spreads like a virus here. You'll get used to it." 

 

Hayi took a bite of her sandwich while Suhyun was still looking at the same direction just like the other students. 

 

The whispers turns louder and louder as the students gets closer and closer ⁠— including Suhyun. Who are these boys? What's the big deal?

 

"Hi." said the guy with a small figure, wearning a huge eye glasses and a beanie. He had monoloids just like Suhyun and his eyes almost disappeard when he cracked an awkward gummy smile. 

 

I heard the students groan and went back to their respective seats as they started to eat their lunch again. 

 

"Aish. Oppa!!" I saw Suhyun furrowed her eyebrows at the guy who's walking towards us. 

 

"Hey sis. I was going to--" He stopped talking when his eyes fell on me. For a while, his mouth gaped a little as I gave him a confused look. I think he forgot about what he's trying to say. I was already feeling uncomfortable but I gave him a soft smile and also gave Hayi a little nudge.

 

"Yah! Close your mouth! Your tongue's about to fall off!" Hayi raised her tone as she slams the table with her hands. It immediately snapped the guy back to his senses.

 

"HEY! OH! I was going to ask if I can uhm" he stopped to think about something. 

 

"If I can seat with you guys today and maybe you could introduce me to your new friend." He continued which made the two of my new friends groan.

 

He took a seat beside Suhyun, which is infront of me, and smiled. "Hello, What's your name?" He cheekily asked. 

 

"She's Choi Dani. The L.A. girl you've probably been hearing about. Now, go away! Don't you still have a class or something?" Suhyun said, irritated, as she pushed the guy away making him fall on the ground but immediately picked himself up as he fixed his uniform's coat and tie.

 

"Nice to meet you, Dani. What a unique name. My name's Lee Chanyuk. Suhyun's older brother. YG candidate." He said as his little sister pushed him away, making his way right out of the cafeteria waving me goodbye. I gave him a smile and a light nod as I had a long sigh. 

 

"Woah. What a cool brother you got there, Suhyun-ah." I said jokingly which made Suhyun roll her eyes in frustration.

 

"Tell me about it. He probably likes you and thinks his flirtiness could work. Too bad, it doesn't." Hayi added.

 

"Almost all the boys are intrigued by Dani. Some of them can't even keep their eyes off of her. Even Mr. Shin. He was being nice to Dani today." said Suhyun.

 

I saw Hayi's eyes enlarged and she slowly looked at me with her expression of disbelief.

 

"Seriously? Wow, Dani. Your charisma is not a joke. You even made Mr. ty Shin fall for it." 

 

"Come on guys. That's ing gross. Do you take me as a sugar baby or something?" I said, annoyed, as I continue to eat.

 

Hayi and Suhyun shared a stunned look to each other and continued to stare at me again. They both chuckled at the same time and high fived.

 

"Someone's a bad girl~" Suhyun cooed.

 

"Yep. I think she is~" Hayi said as they continued to analyze me.

 

"Can we please talk about other stuff?" I placed my elbow at the table and rested my forehead unto my palms.

 

The teasing never stopped as we continued eating our lunch and whilst sharing some stories together. The anticipation of the other students quickly faded and decided to continue eating their food as well. Suhyun was the youngest and she's your typical sweet teenage girl with a life of a fangirl and an incredible singing voice. Hayi, on the other hand, wasn't that easy to get along with but I'm glad she opened up to me real quick. It's going to be either she rolls her eyes at you or she'll give you the most genuine laugh you can hear. Hayi may be small but she's got a powerful voice that would blow your socks off. 

 

"Say, What did your brother mean when he said that he's a YG candidate?" I asked curiously.

 

"That means he's a candidate to be casted by YG as their trainee." 

 

Hayi casually answered as she took a bite out of her fries. Suhyun gave me a smile and futher explained everything.

 

"There's a lot of hierarchy here in our country. Inside the entertainment industry, YG is one of the top companies here. Since, we were all studying to become an artist in each of our chosen fields, we have to do well so we could be casted by one of the big three companies which are lead by SM entertainment, JYP entertainment and YG entertainment. There's also a lot more huge companies out there other than those three but it's your choice." Suhyun smiled as she finished off her sentence.

 

"Wow. There's a lot of to think about here." I muttered lost in my thoughts.

 

"Well, if you don't want to think about what company you're going to join in, there's always the showcase where they would choose the company which will perfectly fit you. If you're lucky, you'd be casted as their instant trainee. It's a lot of hardwork but it pays off if you ever get scouted." Hayi said nonchalantly.

 

I can't believe at how complicated things are here. What did my brother get me into? I just can't believe that it's my first day and there's already so many things for me to comprehend. 

 

"OMYGOD THEY'RE HERE!" Suhyun tried to keep her cool but failed. It was loud enough for everyone in the cafeteria to hear.

 

I turned my head into the direction they were looking at. 

 

Woah. I saw a bunch of handsome students making their way to the food counter picking up their lunch while talking and laughing to each other. My eyes fell on the tall guy with a pair of slanted eyes, dark colored hair, sharp jawline and a perfect redish-pink lips. His eyes looks cold and his aura wasn't that light either. My heart starts to pump quickly when his eyes suddenly met mine.

I gasped quietly and looked away as I take a sip of my blue lemonade pretending that I was looking at somewhere else.

"Is that the L.A. girl they're all talking about?" The guy with the curly brown hair and a fully moisturized lips asked.

 

"Aish. Yunhyeong hyung is never late when it comes to gossips." Another handsome tall guy said as he takes a look at the famous "L.A girl" everyone's been talking about.

 

"I saw her name and picture at one of the records when I was filling up the folders in the office." the guy who's quite shorter than the previous one said. He had a pointed chin and a small pair of eyes. 

 

"Her name's Choi Dani. I was actually asked by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter