Surprise

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't have the nerve to crack a smile and tell my friend I was happy for her. I can't find something to hold unto at the moment. I was wrecked, and overwhelmed with all the emotions I was feeling right now. 

 

 

I wanted to break away from the hug, leave, and cry at a corner.

 

 

I wanted to break down right here and right now.

 

 

I wanted to tell Junhoe what I was feeling and beat the hell out of his . 

 

 

But I can't.

 

 

I am in no position to express such things. My cheeks were starting to burn up and my eyes were starting to get watery.

 

 

I remembered I hadn't eaten anything since last night. As I look up to Hanna, my shoulders were getting weak, and I was feeling a little light headed. 

 

 

With that, everything went black.

 

-

Jisoo was brushing her hair whilst staring at the mirror infront of her. They were dismissed earlier than usual so they went straight to the cafeteria for lunch. Yugyeom was still at his football practice, it leaves only her, Lisa, and Chaeyoung at their table. 

 

 

She's known for being the prettiest girl in the Arts department.

 

 

No, scratch that. In the whole university, probably.

 

 

Because of her beauty, she's always been featured in the school's magazine every end of the year. The top entertainment in South Korea, called SM Entertainment, even tried to scout her. Not to mention, she's been chosen to be the school's representative to shoot a cf along side with the famous Lee Min Ho.

 

 

To cut the story short, Jisoo was on top of her game. Thus, making her one of the High profile students in the university. 

 

 

"Unnie! Omo! Look!" Lisa had her eyes filled with shock whilst pointing to the group of people entering the cafeteria.

 

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung turn their heads to the direction where Lisa was pointing. It was a view of iKON walking towards Hayi, Suhyun, and Hanna's table. Jisoo rolled her eyes in annoyance. There's always been this bad blood between their trio and Hayi's trio. Jisoo didn't like their style and how the boys were overly comfortable around them. The two groups have a tainted history which everyone in the school probably knows, excluding Dani. 

 

 

 They saw Hanna and Junhoe talking to each other on the other end of the table. 

 

 

"Is she begging for him to get back together again?" Jisoo scoffed as she watches the scene. 

 

 

"I think they got back together, unnie." Chaeyoung answered.

 

 

Lisa's attention was not on the couple but on the guy who was sitting next to Chanwoo.

 

He had his hair messed up but his uniform was neatly worn. She heard a news involving him yesterday. They both had a thing for a short while but just had to come to an end because things wouldn't work out like she hoped. 

 

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung had a lot of things going on inside her head.

 

 

She was the most hardworking among the three since she was the last one to enter their group. It was no secret that she was afraid of Jisoo. Actually, both of them are. Jisoo may be the smallest but she's not the person you would want to pick fights with. They both know how manipulative and diabolic their unnie could be. They were just grateful that Jisoo had chose them to be a part of their group.

 

 

Thus, their ranking had risen up because of her. 

 

 

They saw Dani entered the cafeteria, and how Bobby caught her tray playfully, placing it beside him. The two younger girls were shocked with Bobby's actions, making them glance at Jisoo who's face looked like she can't believe something was happening right now. 

 

 

"U-unnie..." Lisa stuttered whilst calling Jisoo's attention.

 

 

"I can't believe Bobby's being playful around her." Chaeyoung breathed out, earning a quick nod from Lisa.

 

 

The red-head girl's blood was boiling.

 

 

She didn't like how Dani's getting everyone's attention, especially Bobby's.

 

 

Dani has been the talk of the town ever since she transferred here. For Jisoo, no one can beat her on what she does best. Especially, not a newbie like Dani. Sitting there, staring at how Bobby looks at Dani, Jisoo was already thinking of a plan to let Dani know her place on this university. 

 

Everyone gasped when Dani suddenly collapsed. Luckily, Bobby was quick enough to catch her when she fell.

 

 

"OH MY GOD!" Suhyun panted.

 

 

"Dani!" Hayi shouted and quickly pushed Jinhwan out of her way.

 

 

The boys quickly stood up and they looked like blood was drained out of their faces.

 

 

Junhoe's eyes were filled with horror. He quickly made his way towards Bobby and knelt infront of Dani. His heart was beating so fast. He was about to pull Dani away from his hyung when Bobby stood up, carrying the unconscious Dani in his arms. 

 

 

Junhoe felt a hand on his shoulders. Looking up, he saw Hanna staring at him with sad eyes. It was like he was slapped with the reality that Hanna was his girlfriend again, and not Dani. He stood up, dusting off his pants, and gave his girlfriend a tight hug.

 

 

"Don't worry I was just carried away by what happened. I already told you I love you, didn't I?" Junhoe whispered into Hanna's ear which gave her an assurance. 

 

 

Hanna nodded and snuggled her head on her boyfriend's chest. She loved him with all of her heart and she was happy they were finally back together. 

 

 

"And don't worry about Dani, babe. Bobby will take care of her." Hanna gave him a reassuring smile which Junhoe half-heartedly gave back.

 

 

She recalled what happened the night when she walked out and Bobby followed her. Hanna wanted to run away that time, thinking Junhoe may like Dani more than just a friend that's why he doesn't want to get back together with her but Bobby told her something that put her at ease.

 

-

*flashback*

 

 

"Hanna!"

 

"Hanna wait!" Bobby panted out as he pulled Hanna's shoulder, making her stop in her tracks.

 

She was bawling her eyes out. She didn't want to talk to anyone since everything hurts and she felt betrayed by her own friend. She witnessed how Dani and Junhoe shared the kiss, and how he pulled her into his lap, she finally lost it. She knows how close Dani was to Junhoe mainly because he was the one who was assigned to accompany Dani on her first week in school.

 

Hanna did not think of Dani badly even if a small part of her feels and thinks her friend could be a threat to their relationship.

 

But what happened that night completely ruined everything for Hanna.

 

"I-I don't even know anymore, Bobby. I love Junhoe with all my heart but I think the reason why he doesn't want me to take him back anymore is because of Dani." Hanna cried out. 

 

Bobby just stared at her blankly. He was just listening to Hanna's constant wailings and hollers. He wasn't dumb. Infact, even if he looked like he wasn't interested with anything to do with Dani, he was always observing and watching over her. He knew something was wrong and he knows what's happening behind the curtains. 

 

"Hanna, listen. If you're scared that Dani would take Junhoe away from you, then you have nothing to be afraid of." Bobby trailed off. Hanna was just staring at him whilst weeping silently, waiting for him to continue.

 

"I-I like Dani.. a lot."

 

"And, even if she's with us for a short time, everything about her makes me want to protect her. I can see how important you guys are to her so I believe she won't do anything stupid that would hurt you. She treasures you a lot, you know?" Bobby's heart was starting to beat faster as those words escapes his mouth.

 

An image of Dani was flashing through his mind as he say those words. 

 

Unknowingly, a loving smile was plastered on his lips and Hanna didn't fail to notice it.

 

By the end of the night, Hanna promised Bobby that she'd go home but she said she needs to take he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter