Welcome to Seoul

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Check out my poorly made first ever trailer here guys! LOL https://youtu.be/CD9BEhCjZrg

"I'm going to miss you guys."

 

My friends all came up to me for a hug as I bid my goodbye. I still can not believe all of this is happening so fast.

It was still 9AM in the morning and I just woke up in my pajamas. They all rushed to see me this morning after I texted them last night that I was moving permanently to Seoul alone. I only have a few friends here in L.A and few of them are korean. We all go to a korean international school here so there's no problem for me if I either speak or write in a Korean way.

 

"Hey. Take care of yourself there okay? We will miss you!"

 

Wendy said as she wipes her tears using the back of her hand. She was always the caring one among us so that explains why she cries the most. Seulgi tries to console everybody with rubbing their backs with her gentle hands. If Wendy is the most caring among them, Seulgi, on the other hand, was more reserved.

 

"I am really pissed that you didn't even tell us you were leaving."

 

Irene tried to toughen up her pronunciations but failed. This pretty girl sniffed whilst rubbing her eyes with her hands.

 

Bae Joohyun is her real name but she went with Irene since we're here in California. She's the oldest among us yet she looks like she's the youngest. Let's say she's the 'feisty one' among my friends. She hugged Yeri, the youngest, whilst rubbing her back. The thing about me and my friends is that, we look out for each other like sisters even though we've only met each other at school when highschool started.

 

I wasn't really a popular kid when I was young. I got bullied a lot because of my double eyelids and slightly tanned skin color. Yes I am full-blooded korean but my dad is slightly tan so I got it from him.

 

WELL, I'm not totally tan⁠— just the Lee Hyori kind of tan. Not bad right? Milky white skin is always a must-have of being Korean. It's a sad truth. There was this one time my mom told me that one of her friends asked her if she wanted me to get glutathione injections so that my skin would turn lighter. Of course, my mother didn't allow that to happen. I was still young back then afterall. My skin got a little bit lighter after I hit puberty yet I still like going to the beach and surfing all day with my pals. 

 

On a happier note, my friends helped me through a lot and things actually got better. I was quite popular in highschool.  

 

"Unnie, are you really not coming back?" Joy, one of the youngest, managed to say between her sobs.

 

I shook my head as I hugged her tall figure along with Wendy and Seulgi.

 

Joy and I were the tallest yet we're in the maknae line. I'm a year older than her but Wendy is a few months older than me so that places me and Wendy in the middle. It's not like age is such a big deal. We all grew up here in L.A. so that explains us being liberated in some way. Well, I guess being liberated is just me. The rest of them grew up in a strict family and I hadn't have nor experienced the feeling of having a complete family.

 

"I'll stay in touch guys. Don't worry. I'll be fine." I tried to hold back my tears as Irene and Yeri joined our group hug.

 

Wendy was the first one to break away from the hug since she said she almost forgot something she needs to give me.

 

"Here."

 

She handed me a box of an Elizabeth Arden perfume.

 

It was my favorite.

 

"Thank you, Wendy." I said giving her a grateful smile in return.

 

"Oh, that's not from me. It was from Junhong. He said he didn't want to see you leave so he let me bring you this instead."

 

I looked up to Wendy finding her face plastered with a sad smile. Junhong is my guy bestfriend and we went through a lot of bulls together. He's like a walking diary for me, and also one of the people who knows me well. He knew I loved this green tea cherry blossom perfume but this thing costs some money. 

 

"That little won't really bid his goodbye to me? That hurt." I pretended to be stabbed by something in the chest, only earning a hard smack in my shoulders by Irene.

 

"Yah! How dare you say that when you're the one who's going to leave us!" She yelled.

We arrived at LAX around 8PM. My mom was the one who brought me to the airport.


 

"Is this all you're going to bring, sweetie?"

 

My eyes started to cloud as I stare at my mom whilst she's making sure I've brought everything and haven't left any of my important belongings at the house. Trust me, I am still mad at her for not telling me sooner but I can't help but to feel bad since she's been crying since we hopped on the car earlier. I smiled at my mom whilst holding back my tears. She was aging yet she's still beautiful inside and out. 

It since I had to leave her alone yet she's okay with that and to think that this is the first time that we're going to live away from each other. I don't even know what came into my dad's mind when he asked for me to move closer to them. It has been 15 years since he made me and my mom move to L.A. and now this happens.

I'm beyond confused.

 

I took a few steps closer to my mom and gave her the warmest and tightest hug I could give. My heart ached even more and as I pulled her closer, I broke down into sobs. It pains me to leave my mother alone. We've been inseparable since I was a kid but now I have to leave her.

 

"Mom, can't you just come with me?" I whined.

 

"I'm so sorry but I can't sweetheart. You know how complicated things could get when I'm there."

 

I broke down even more. I felt my mom's hand brushing through my hair as she tries to console me.

 

"I'm going to miss you a lot, mom."

 

"So am I, sweetie. Don't worry. I'm sure we're going to see each other again soon."

 

Mom broke away from the hug as she wipes away her tears and cups my face lifting my head up for me to look at her. She gave me a warm smile. My mom has always been warm and fun-loving. She was really a cool mother figure to me and even though she raised me alone, I didn't feel the lack of support a father could give. Mom did her best in everything especially when it comes to the things that concerns me. 

 

"Mom I don't want to leave you alone."

 

"I'm going to be okay. Don't think about me too much okay? Always take care of yourself. And if ever you encounter some problems, big or small, mommy's never too busy to answer your call okay?" She gave me a sweet reassuring smile. 

 

"I'm not a kid anymore, mom." I said jokingly.

 

Mom raised an eyebrow and immediately laughed at her reaction. She wipped down her tears and dusted off her dress.

 

"Well, you're acting like one now. Fix yourself and get on that plane Choi Dani!" she playfully pointed towards the boarding gate with her other hand on her hip.

 

I chuckled as mom gave me a quick hug before I leave. I grabbed my belongings and started walking inside the airport. I turned to face my mom again and I saw her trying to keep her composure as she tries to cover up her sadness with a smile.

 

"Bye mom. I love you! I'll see you soon!" I shouted then formed a shape of a heart using my arms.

 

"I love you too, sweetheart! Take care!" Mom shouted back as she wave me goodbye.


It was around 5:45AM KST when I arrived in Korea. I was so hungry when I got down the plane and I decided to have some hibiscus tea and bagel while waiting for my brother to pick me up. 

 

"God. What's taking him so long?" I muttered to myself as I finish my second bagel and shoved the empty paper cup on the trash bin. I was about to reach out to my phone and call my brother but then it vibrated and I then realize it was him trying to call me.

 

"It's about time." I said on the phone as I roll my eyes. 

 

"Don't get sassy with me, dongsaeng. I got caught in a really bad traffic."

 

"Where the are you? I've been waiting for you for almost an hour now."

 

"I'm almost there. Just wait."

 

I saw my brother nearby with his shades on riding his mercedes benz. I ended the call with a smile. Though I'm still annoyed with him, I can't help but to feel giddy when I saw my brother. 

 

Excitement filled my shoes when I saw my brother. Yep, I completely forgot why I'm mad at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter