Home

Real Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were facing each other at the dining table. The older one was staring intently at the guy infront of him. 

 

Bobby faced the other way and covered his face as he nervously gulped his water. It has only been thirty minutes since they arrived in Dani's apartment. The girl was sleeping soundly inside her room and Seunghyun invited Bobby to stay there for a while so he could 'talk to him'. Her brother ordered ganjang gejang, gamjatang, and a few other side dishes which Dani loves. They haven't started talking since Bobby sat down the chair. It was the longest 10 minutes of his life and he just watched his sunbae pour him a glass of water, order food, and now, he's looking somewhere else since Seunghyun was staring right at him.

 

He was mesmerized with how minimal yet classy Dani's place was designed. Their dorm was nothing compared to this. She was living such a comfortable life and it was obvious that she's very much loved by her brother. 'A person could easily take advantage of her if they knew these aspects of her life.' Bobby thought. His thoughts were suddenly interupted when he heard his sunbae clear his throat.

 

"So... Bobby.." 

 

"I'd like to thank you for taking care of my sister. I was informed by the school physician about the things you did for her." Seunghyun said and gave a coy smile.

 

"I-it was nothing sunbaenim." Bobby tried to compose himself but failed.

 

He was indeed nervous since this was the very first time the two of them ever shared a word to each other.

 

"I have something to ask you. I suggest that you'll be very honest with me here." Seunghyun's tone changed from calm into an icy one, very much like Dani's.

 

Bobby can't help but to feel more nervous. He was just a trainee, and he's now being questioned by one of the most famous artist not only in Korea, but in worldwide as well. 

 

"W-what is it, sunbaen—" 

 

"What's your relationship with my sister?" Seunghyun's brow raised after asking.

 

'damn it. What should I say? I annoy her a lot sunbae since I think I like her???' Bobby thought to himself.

 

"We're just friends, sir. It just happens that she's good friends with Hayi, Suhyun, and Hanna, and we eat our lunch together. I also share the same math and art class with her." Bobby sighed after talking. It took a lot of his energy trying to stay composed as he answer his sunbae.

 

He earned a nod from the older guy. He noticed that they both have the same complexion and cold personality but they do not look that much similar to each other. It was like they're the same but not in an obvious way. 

 

It's about time the door bell rang. The delivery guy was quite shocked to see Seunghyun standing in front of him while counting bills. Bobby was intrigued when he saw his sunbae hand a generous amount of payment.

 

"Sir, I don't think I have enough change for this amount of money." 

 

"It's okay. Keep the change." Seunghyun gave the delivery guy a warm smile before sending him out.

 

Bobby was awed by what just happened. He did not expect his sunbae to be so generous. He watched him set up the dining table and scoop up some rice he cooked earlier. This was the most humbling scenario Bobby has ever seen. He was so used to seeing his bigbang sunbaes wear expensive clothing, working on new songs, drinking wine, and eating in an expensive restaurant somewhere else. He did not expect him to be this down to earth and warm hearted towards other people, especially off-camera. 

 

Seunghyun placed a bowl of freshly cooked warm rice infront of Bobby.

 

"Go eat. That's my way to show how much I am thankful for your good deeds to my sister." Seunghyun said and took a seat infront of Bobby and the two starting eating their food.

 

"Thank you for the food, sunbaenim." Bobby bowed and started digging on the gamjatang.

 

"Anyway, if you could please keep this a secret." 

 

Seunghyun did not want his relationship with Dani to be exposed to the public just yet. Things are way too complicated for everyone to understand and she's just starting her life in Korea. A lot of things will change if Dani knew what her brother really does for a living, and if the people knew her real identity. He did not bother to explain that much to Bobby.

 

"Dani does not know about my work just yet and the public does not know that I have a younger sister. Just for the sake of letting her live her life normally, please let this be between us two." he pleaded sincerly to the younger one, earning a nod from him.

 

"Yes sunbae. I will."

 

They talked about plenty of things, of course Seunghyun was the one whose initiating the conversation. They talked about the difference between their experiences as a trainee at YG. Apparently, there wasn't much things and benefits that YG provided during the time that bigbang members were still trainees.

 

"You guys are lucky that you live in a comfortable dormitory and the cafeteria offers free food for trainees. Back in the day, we used to share a pack of small cookies and wait for it to melt in our tongues for it to last longer." Seunghyun said.

 

Bobby felt bad. He remembered comparing Dani's apartment to theirs instead of being grateful to be able to live in one. He admired his sunbae simply because he worked real hard for what he has now, and being able to provide for his family and loved ones. 

 

'I aspire to be as successful as you someday, sunbaenim. I'll bring my family here in Korea one day.' Bobby mentally promised himself.

 

The two also talked about the sleeping figure in the bedroom. Bobby did not share much about their interactions at school and Seunghyun did most of the talking. 

 

"It must be hard for you to deal with Dani huh?" 

 

Bobby did not know how to respond. He did not expect him to say something like that so he remained quiet. 

 

"Dani was a kind of a feminist since we were young. She hated the idea of gender roles that's why she would often cry when me and my friends would exclude her at playing basketball. I remember her saying 'the balls ain't only for boys'." Seunghyun said and cracked up a little.

 

A small chuckle escaped Bobby's lips. It seems like this information is not shocking to him anymore. She was a fighter and it shows.

 

"Are you telling that story again, oppa?"

 

They suddenly stopped laughing when they heard Dani's groggy voice. She was dressed up in her oversized tea and sleeping shorts with her messy bed hair. She yawned whilst walking to the chair beside Bobby. Her brother just smiled at her, and Bobby was slightly entranced with her appearance. She looks way better than she did earlier this morning.

 

"I thought you'd send him home after bringing home my car, brother." Dani sardonically commented.

 

"And I thought you're only hurtful when you're at sch—." Bobby tried to retort but ended up being cut off by Dani's sudden excitement.

 

"Oh my god ganjang gejang!" Dani exclaimed.

 

She quickly ran into the kitchen, scooped a hefty amount of rice, then came back to the dining table and sat down beside Bobby. Her brother just watched her delightfully while she started to chow down on the soy marinated crab.

 

On the other hand, Bobby was amused watching Dani eat a lot of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter