Brumes.VI- The boy Vs the policemen partI

Brumes et brouillards (Mist and rain)

Dr Han and the two police officers were standing in front of a white door. She gently knocked on it before turning the door handle and enter the boy’s room.

- Changmin-ah ! The police is here quickly come….

But she stopped in the middle of her sentence. Nobody was in the room.

- Huh ? Where is he ? Did he escape ? Moon JunHo asked rather worried.

Dr Han, instead of replying, entered the room to head straight toward the wardrobe behing the rom’s door. She opened them and quickly found what she was looking for. The boy was sleeping curled up like a kitten, huddled in a corner on the wardrobe floor.

JunHo and Kang Jae-Rim poked their head to look as well.

- Why is he sleeping here ?

Dr Han looked behind her and declared :

- For some reason, this is where he sleep. It’s rare for us to even see the kid sleep on the bed. It may possibly come from a trauma caused during his abduction.

JunHo and Kang Jae-Rim nooded in understanding.

Dr Han turned her head again to look at the boy. His face was flushed a little, his eyebrows tighly knit together. His sleep looked like it wasn’t a peaceful one.

- I will wake him up now. Be careful, hem ay scream.

The policemen nooded again.

Dr Han kneeled beside changmin’s curled up form, gently shaking him up.

- Changmin-ah… changmin-ah, wake up. It’s Hyemi-noona.

After a shaking him for a full five minutes, the boy finally opened his eyes. At first his sight was blurry but after a few second, he immediatly recognized the face of Dr Han. Seeing the light return in the boy eyes, she rapidly stood up and took several step back. The policemen followed her exemple and also retreated to the side.

- Changmin-ah, it’s Dr Han. She informed him in a sweet voice.

The boy posed his sight on her then his eyes shifted on the two men behind him. Almost instantly, his eyes grew wide open, went on his knee and hurried away from the wardrobe to climb on his bed. There, he started shaking like a leaf, sweating profusely and wheezing with tears in his eyes while they darted toward the door to the three people beside the wardrobe. The poor boy was completly panicked.

Before doing anything to help the boy, Han Hyemi turned to the policemen.

- I Knew it-she sighed. I am going to ask you to leave the room for a while, gentlemen. She flatly said to the two men, pointing to the door.

The two nodded.

- We understand.

- I will call you once he has calmed down enough to see you.

 

Standing in front of the closed door numeroted 206, Moon JunHo and Kang Jae-rim were waiting diligently for Han Hyemi’s call when Moon Junho glanced at his partner, his eyebrows a little furwored.

- Don’t you think it’s strange ?

- What is ? Jae-Rim asked without turning his head to look at him.

- That boy, as soon as he saw us, he screamed… don’t you think it’s weird ? It seemed a little staged to me.

Kang Jae-Rim pondered a bit about it before slowly opening his mouth.

- As soon as the boy saw us, his pupil dilated in fear, his face bacame slighty red, his breathing bacame erratic and soon started wheezing indicating his cardiac system went in overdrive. It was real. Even A-list actor woudn’t be able to put out such a life-like show.

- Uhm… you may be right. I was, perhaps, too suspicious for whatever reason.

- No, It’s certainly good to be suspicious in fear to let the right suspect get away.

JunHo sadly stared at Kang Jae-Rim and patted his shoulder.

- It wasn’t your fault.

Jae-Rim snorted but didn’t say anything else ; his gaze quietly resting on the door as it would split open for him with just his gaze alone.

Ten minutes later, the door finally craked open and two nurses exited the room.

- Dr Han said you can come in.

The two policemen nooded and entered. Dr Han was standing near the bed. The boy was calmly staring at the TV.

- How is he ? Whispered Moon JunHo while Kang Jae-Rim had his eyes glued on the boy.

- He is ok now. We gave him something to calm his nerve.

- Will he be able to answer our questions ?

- Yes but you only have thirty minutes.

- Thank you.

- It’s ok. Remember, added Han Hyemi before shutting the door behing her, you only have thirty minutes.

- This is all we need...