Brumes.IV - The doctor sigh

Brumes et brouillards (Mist and rain)

By one of the window located on the fourth floor of a large white building- in a room with grey and white walls, a reading desk and a chair made of plastic- stood a young man in a bluish medical gown staring dazedly at the sky. It was dark with huge black cloud with lightning streaming accross the sky from time to time while a heavy rainstorm accompagned by a cold wind were howling haughtily. He kept looking at the pitch black sky emotionlessly, as if what he was looking at couldn’t be registered in his brain. A knocking sound suddenly broke the peaceful atmospher young man thoughts. The room’s door slowly opened to reveal a woman.

She was tall- thanks to her three inch heels- smooth skin like jade, black ink hair cut into a square plunging style. She was wearing a doctor coat over a pale gree shirt and black skirt. A smile was tugging the corner of her cherry lips as she walking into the room. As soon as he saw the woman, the boy’s eyes went ice-cold and emotionless as his gaze pierced at her face. The woman, even after seeing this, still smiled at the boy. She was looking at him with a gaze as loving as a mother’s gazing at her children with her almond shapped eyes, split into half cressent moon.

- Good morning Changmin-ah ! How are you doing today ?

She was greated back by silence.

Dr Han creased her brow but still smiled brightly.

- By the way Chanmin-ah, can’t you call me Seo-Hee noona ? Since you call nurse Kim ‘noona’ shouldn’t you say it to me too ? Don’t you think it’s unfair ? Aren’t I your physician ?

- I don’t want to.

- Huh ? Why ?

The boy threw her a frosty glance and didn’t bother to give her a reply as he carried on to look at the storm raging behind the window.

Dr Han sighed ruefully.

- You are so not cute ! Dr Han complained while rooling her eyes. But there is something I don’t understand. Why is your gaze so cold when you look at me ?

The boy didn’t say a word.

Dr Han tilted her head, staring at him with sharp eyes

- You must really not like me or is it that I am a woman ? Anyway, I’m not here for that ! Today, changmin-ah, you are going to receive a visit. Guess who ! she blabled excitedly.

The boy just stood beside the window, watching the reflexion of Dr Han sitting down on the only existing armchair in his room with cold eyes.

- Don’t want to guess ? That is fine too. It’s the police. They want you to answer some question for them. After that, you will be able to see your parents. Don’t you want to see them ? As for them, they have been eagerly waiting to meet you. Especialy your mother.

- I don’t want to see them. The boy retorted back without any emotion in his already dull voice.

Dr Han eyebrow shot up on her forehead.

- Why ?

Once again the boy didn’t reply.

Dr Han sighed once again.

- Okay. I will tell your parent that you aren't ready to see them... for now -She slowly rose from her seat. The police is going to be here soon. Go take a bath.

She went to the door, opened it and on the doorstep she turned around to glance at the young boy stubbornly giver her his back as well as the cold shoulder.

- Really not cute at all. She blankly grumbled under her breath before closing the door behind her.