Brumes.V- An elegant smile hidding the rage of a beauty

Brumes et brouillards (Mist and rain)

Dr Han Hyemi greeted patients along her way back to her office with a face full of smile and kindness but once she reached her office and opened its door, her smile froze on her face. Two men where already inside. One was seated behind her desk reading some report she had left on it and the other one was standing not too far away from her desk, throwing her an apologetic glance before turning his head to talk to his acolyte :

- Hyung-nim, it’s her.

Dr Han kind smile vanished like smoke, replaced by cold eyes and a icy tone.

- Who are you ? What are you doing in my office ?

- Hello Dr Han ! I am police inspector Moon JunHo and this is Kang Jae-Rim, we talked on the phone not to long ago.

Dr Han slowly entered her office, closing the door behind her as she walked straight to her desk.

- Police or not, if you don’t get your off of my chair, I will rip you a new one. She said with a sweet smile.

Moon JunHo eyes almost popped out of their socket, hearing the graceful Dr Han talking so crudly.

Kang Jae-Rim didn’t said a thing, quietly lifted his behing from the leather chair to sit on the guest one in front of the desk. Han Hyemi then charmingly sat on her chair, cleaned her desk of all the paper on it and then looked at the men in front of her with a charming but unfriendly smile.

- You are late. The appointment was at 7. It is now way past 9.

Kang Jae-Rim once again didn’t utter a word and only glanced at his partner. His eyes seemed to say «you deal with it by yourself since it’s your fault anyway»

Moon JunHo laughed awkardly, scratching his head.

- I am sorry ! It’s my fault ! I had totally forgot your hospital wan’t in Seoul so…

- I see…The doctor frigidly replied, staring coldly at Kang Jae-Rim whom didn’t seem to notice the unfriendly glare locked on his person.

- What do you want to know ? She asked, folding her arms under her busty chest.

Kang Jae-Rim didn’t beat around the bush and directy asked her about the mental state of the boy. Dr Han sighed.

- I’m not a psychologist so I can’t really give you any real information, but as far as I am concerned I think Changmin-ah currently has PTSD. I’m fairly sure he also has Social Anxiety Disorder and suffer from depression. I think he may also suffer from some other mental illiness but it is out of my competence to tell you which.

- What ?

Moon JunHo looked at her, a grimace on his face as if she had just talked in French to him. Dr Han glanced at Moon JunHo with some disdain in her eyes. Her thought-he is an inspector and he doesn’t even know this ?- were completly visible on her gorgeous face. Seeing her staring him down like this, JunHo couldn’t help but smile bitterly.

- PTSD also know as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder : It is a symptom that occur after experiencing a traumatic event such as war, , child abuse or being taken hostage. Nightmares, flashbacks, numbing of emotions, depression, and feeling angry, irritable, distracted and being easily startled are common. Social Anxiety Disorder is a fear of social situations in which the person is exposed to unfamiliar people or to possible scrutiny by others. As for depression, it is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Jae-Rim explained as if he was a medicinal dictionnary.

- Oh ! I see ! Thank !

- It seems like inspector Kang know his stuffs unlike someone… she nonchalantly commented looking at Moon JunHo who embarrassedly looked away. Anyway, I also noticed that he has a strange dislike toward women. The only one who could go near him was Naeul nurse but she quit several days ago because of family matter.

- Can I have her contact info ?

- I can send them to you via the mail you gave me.

- Yes, Thank you.

- By the way, he is not yet in the know so if you could refrain from mentioning this to him, I would be grateful. These are the only things I can tell you about his pretty head.

Kang Jae-Rim nodded then followed by another question.

- Does he have any habits, like or dislike… beside women ?

- Humm… He likes standing in front of the window in a daze, watching TV, well, only the news through. He has nightmares almost every night, doesn’t talk much but when he do, he talk back really well and smiling is like a thing he forgot even existed. Trully a pitiable child.

JunHo and Kang Jae-Rim wrote down all of her words. Then Jae-Rim raised his head to look at Dr Han.

- Did you run some test on his body like instructed ?

- We did.

- What were the result ?

Dr Han gimaced. Not happy at all.

- Good but bad at the same time.

- What do you mean ?

- His general condition is more or less good. He was well fed. His growth is in the green just like any other young man his age. He is even on the tall side. The only problem was on his lower body.

JunHo frowned while Jae-Rim was expressionless.

- Lower body ? JunHo repeated.

Dr Han punched her glass desk, her eyes were filled with hate.

- That child ! He was  ! And on a daily basis, judging by the trace we found ! That bastard ! She howled in anger. If he was standing in front of me, I would have mangled him to death !

Kang Jae-Rim squinted his eyes.

- If in addition to the kidnapping he was violated again and again for the past seven years that explain his mental state. Murmured Moon JunHo.

- No kidding ! Sarcastically replied Han Hyemi.*

JunHo laughed awkwardly yet again. Kang Jae-Rim didn’t pay anymind to her retort and instead asked her a question.

- Is that boy under your charge ?

- Yes.

- I want to transfer him to a hospital in Seoul. Is it possible ?

Dr Han crossed her legs.

- It is, yes. I recommend you to place him in a psychatric oriented one. She then frowned. But not one of those with old fashioned old men still thinking people suffering from mental illiness is a tare of the society that need to be eradicated from the surface of the earth. Saying so, she started scribbling on a paper note. Here, this one should be good. She said while handing over the note to Moon JunHo. I will also personally talk to one of my acquitance there to see if she can help. Now, if you don’t have any other questions, I will guide you to Changmin’s room.

The three of them soon stood up from their respective chair.

- Just one last question before we go, Dr Han.

- Yes ?

Kang Jae-Rim looked straight into her eyes.

- Did you, perhaps, notice if the boy showed any sign indicating he liked men ?

Han Hyemi stared at Kang Jae-Rim a little stunned but quickly recovered her sense.

- Just like with the female staff. She replied simply before opening the door of her office. Anything else inspector Kang Jae-Rim ?

The tone of her voice was chilly.

Kang Jae-Rim shook his head.

- Nothing for now. I will call if I need something else.

Han Hyemi didn’t reply but an elegant smile lifted the corner of her lips; hidding the rage of a beauty.