Brumes.III

Brumes et brouillards (Mist and rain)

It was currently 6 AM in the morning.

In the police headquarter of Seoul, in one of the office located on the far left of the fifth floor, was the office of a detective. His name was Kang. Kang Jae-Rim.

His office was wide. In there was a large glass desk full of half-full cups of coffee, huge stock of case file piled up like the tower of Pisa, a classical lamp desk, three leather chairs, a sofa under the window, a library behind the desk and a board full of piece of newspaper articles, photographs and police reports on the wall facing the glass desk. And right now in this office, a phone was playing a lively song very loudly; trying its best to wake up its owner. And it actually succeeded. A heavy hand landed on the samsung phone laying on the grey carpet near the sofa.

- Stup beeng so nosy ’una (stop being so noisy Hyuna) ! The hand slurred while it tried to switch off the cellphone. And then, the hand went back to sleep. It was about to hop back on the sleep wagon when the cellphone revived once again saying with a bouncy voice «Bubble bubble pop, bubble bubble pop pop !!». The sleeper mubbled some insult and finally opened his eyes to glare at the noisy device laying bruyantly on the floor. The detective pushed his sheet off and sat down, staring fiercly at his phone. He was seriously considering whether or not he should put the damned gadget in the sink of the male bathroom or to throw it through the window.  

He sighed and instead of acting on his thought, Kang Jae-Rim picked the phone up and pressed on the ‘call’ button then put it on speaker.

- WHAT ?

- What do you mean « what », you bastard ! Is this how you talk to your long time friend ?

- Oh, it’s only you. What do you want ?

- Hey, I have a name ! A name, you bastard ! It’s JunHo ! Moon JunHo !

- Stop speaking nonsense and tell me why you interrupted my nap ! You better have a golden reason to do so, if not I will make sure to put you at an intersection !

- Hyung-nim , my dear hyung-nim, of course I have a good reason, ahahahahah ! I would never dare to cut off hyung-nim well deserved sleep over nothing ! Even with thousand of guts and a hundred bellies full of courage I would never dare !

- Oh, cut the crap or I will hook you up with Sungso noona !

- Anything but that ! Replied Moon JunHo in a desesperate voice.

- Speak. Jae-rim spat out wihtout any pity.

- Seriously, can't even take a damn joke anymore, this bastard ! murmured Junho. Here is the news : The kid woke up.

A sharp glint flashed past Kang Jae-Rim’s eyes. He quickly stood up.

- What ?

- The hospital called a minute ago saying the kid woke up and is well enough to answer question now.

Kang Jae-Rim in a mouthful of air. His blood pressure was raising and his blood boiling. An excited smile tugged the corner of his lips.

- Does that mean we can go see him now ?

Moon JunHo laughed.

- I knew you would say this so I asked the hospital for an appointment at seven.But you do know there is an ongoing storm right now ?

- Seven ? Repeated the detective while glancing at the clock hung above the entrance of his office without bothering about that so called storm.

- Where are you, poopy brain ?

- I’m not a poopy brain, you bastard ! I’m in Sajik-Dong, not far from the office.

- Then come pick me up, bird brain.

- I’m not a bird brain either ! I’m here in twenty minutes, you moron ! And don't you dare set up that date or else I will tell everyone what happened in your trainee day. 

And before Kang Jae-Rim could reply, JunHo hastily hanged up on him.

Jae-Rim shook his head and smiled before throwing his phone on the couch. He then his beardless chin.

- The kid finally woke up. I can’t wait ! He whispered, a wide toothy grin on his face.