Rose (Nayeon)

Like a Fool (For Twice) (Twice Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attention: Vulgar language

As I stared at the ever so innocent face of an angel. The memories came crashing back into my mind like waves to the shore. Never in my life have I been so happy, so carefree, so in love. You were the best thing that ever happened to me. I fondly remember your innocent face inches from mine telling me you loved me. But now, all of that is gone. You innocence, your brightness, your pure heart. Forever defiled by an unworthy soul. A soul you chose to give yourself to over me. As I clutched the photograph in my hand, I suddenly realized that my sweet innocent girl isn't coming back. And never will.

Flashback Part 1 - Crazy

I don't know what I see in you really. In fact I hate you, I hate how you always want to be in control, how you always want your ideas to be the first priority, how you always want to have things your way. It's always been like that since I first met you, instead of working "with" me, you wanted me to work for you. Like your apprentice or something even though I have just as much experience as you do.

"Nayeon, this is our new employee. y/n this is Nayeon, she will be in charge of showing you the ropes. Take care of y/n Nayeon" boss said as he brought the small girl in front of me like she's supposed to be responsible for what happens to me.

"Whaddup kiddo. I'm Nayeon, i'll be in charge here. You follow me and everything will be peachy" she said as she took out her hand. I grimaced on the inside as I didn't like the way she referred to me as 'kiddo' especially since she looks younger than me. But I decided to take your hand in mine anyway. It was the first time we ever touched, and as much as I hated you at that moment, I missed it very much.

You're so hard headed, and close minded. You almost never open up to my ideas even though we're supposed to be a team. Sometimes you even take credit for my work, plus your OCD just makes everything 10x worse.

"We need to finish this diagram by tomorrow or else boss will kill us. I don't wanna die ok" Nayeon said walking back and forth the the small office.

"You know it would've been a lot faster if you had let me help you in doing the foundation of the diagram instead of making me "polish" your work. I don't even know what you want to achieve with this diagram" I complained.

"Hell no. You would've messed it up" she whined. "Messed it up? I can draw just as good as you can plus I graduated with a degree in architecture so don't think I'm just some dumb kid who doesn't know how to do things right" I retorted.

"Let me see that" she took her hand out and I gave her the diagram. "What? This is all you've done?! We've been here for 2 hours and this is all you've come up with?" she complained.

"Look! I don't know what you want ok, I don't know what's "satisfying" for you. Whenever I show you a design you always say it's not good enough and scrap my ideas. Maybe we would get this done a lot faster if you opened your mind more." I lost my patience.

"I need some water" she said and stormed off. I'll never forget how much you drove me crazy that night, how close I was to losing my mind and quitting my job. But as I went to bed that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you. How hard working you were, how determined you were to make the perfect project. I realized that despite your craziness and your controlling personality, you were a hard woking person. You were passionate and you only wanted what's best for the project, what's best for us, what's best for you and me. Growing up without any parents must've been really hard for you and you had to work several jobs just to stay in school. The more I spent time with you, the more I got to know about your other side. You were hurt and you were afraid of failing. Behind the hot-headed controlling beast, was a scared and sensitive young woman. A woman that I decided to protect since the day we got paired together.

But I guess there was nothing to fear after all when our boss decided to throw a party in celebration for the success of our new mall. That mall was very special to me as you and I spent a lot of time working on that project together. I guess I got carried away during that party and told you things I probably shouldnt've told you yet. I confessed my feelings to you. I expected you to walk away in disgust and never talk to me again, but I got something else instead. I felt your pair of lips against mine, telling me everything that I needed to know.

"I love you too" she said, her face just inches from mine. I kissed her again, harder this time. So hard that I could feel her two front teeth against mine before passing out from the alcohol.

I woke up the next day right next to you with no memory of what happened the previous night. The last thing I remember was you telling me you loved me thinking thought it was a joke as you were obviously drunk that night.

"Nayeon..." I said weakly, my head a splitting disaster.

"Yes?" She turned to look at me.

"Did we-" I was cut off when she replied.

"I won't regret anything" she said with a smile on her face.

"Uhm... that thing I said last night..." I tried to bring up the topic of my confession to hopefully get some clarification from her.

She only got out of the bed and started ruffling messily through her bag. I thought she was gonna pack her stuff and leave but I was proven wrong when she pulled out a tiny maroon box from the bag and kneeled down in front of me.

"Will you marry me?" She asked me. It was very fast and I only confessed to her last night but I couldn't deny thay I was so happy. 

"Let's get married and not have any regrets" she said and slipped the ring into my finger, already knowing my answer.

"You're in charge Ms. Im" I said as I tried to fight back my tears. One thing I always fail at.

Flashback Part 2 - Bad News

"Babe, can't I open my eyes yet?" Nayeon said as she held my two hands that were shielding her eyes.

"Not yet. Just a few more steps" I said as I lead her further towards the house. It was the house I worked so hard for, the house where our next chapter as a married couple will begin. I secretly worked on the house without telling Nayeon.

I told my boss I would be making a personal property and I would pay for all the expenses in exchange for the company providing for the resources. It was a small favor I asked from my boss since he is my best friend since childhood, John Seo.

"Open your eyes" I said. I let go of my hands to show Nayeon the beautiful house. It wasn't big, but it was nice and cozy, just the way she liked it.

"So?" I asked as she stared blankly at the house leaving me scratching my head in confusion.

"I..." she muttered. "You what?"

She hugged me tightly, jumping into my arms nearly causing me to fall over but thankfully I managed to handle her small figure.

"I love it" she whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Wanna check it out?" I asked her.

"I think we need to do some house warming first" she smirked at me. I smirked back and carried her into the house.

Later that night, I was awoken by the sound of your phone ringing endlessly. You escaped my arms to answer whoever was crazy enough to disturb us at this time of night.

"Who's that?" I lazily asked.

"It's Johnny. He's been texting me all night" she said. Before I could say anything, she got up to answer her phone call.

I don't like the way he acts around you. I don't like the way he looks at you. I've known Johnny for a long time now as I grew up with him. He's always been the ambitious one and he stops at nothing to get whatever he wants which is why he was able to become the boss of our company. I know that he's been smitten with Nayeon ever since she first came into the company and he's been trying to get her ever since but Nayeon's always rejected him. I know that he's been jealous of me and her ever since we became a couple even though he tries to hide it for the sake of our friendship.

But I know Johnny very well, I know that deep down he really hates me, I can see it in his eyes. Johnny is not used to losing because he grew up being spoiled by his rich parents. I swore to protect Nayeon when she became mine, even if it means breaking my friendship with Johnny, even if it means my job.... and even my life.

I know that he's bad news.

Nayeon POV

I angrily answered my phone that has been going on for forever now. Johnny's been calling me all night and its ruining my quality time with Y/N.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"Is that the way you greet your boss?" Johnny sulked.

"Oh shut up John, you never saw me as just your worker anyway" I responded.

It was silent before John responded once again.

"Meet me at my house tomorrow after work. I've got something important to discuss with you" he says and hangs up before I could respond.

I marched into my room and placed my phone inside my drawer and closed it before lying back down on the bed.

"Is there anything wrong?" Y/N asked me. I guess because my sulking was obvious.

"No nothing's wrong." I said then I felt Y/N's hands wrapping around my waist. He pulls me closer and kisses the back of my neck causing me to squeal.

"If there's nothing wrong then will you let me do this?" Y/N says as he continued to kiss my neck.

"Yah, you're such a maniac" I say and placed my hands over Y/N's.

"Look who's talking" Y/N says causing me to laugh really loud.

I love Y/N so much. Y/N makes me so happy and really knows how to treat me right. Unlike Johnny who only sees me as a toy, he's never said it but I can see it in his eyes whenever I enter the office everday. He's tried making moves on me in the past but I've rejected him everytime as I don't feel anything for him and I know he can't fire me because of that as there has to be a valid excuse for the company to recognize firing. When I met Y/N I knew that I finally found the one as well as I found my only protection against Johnny. Johnny never lets up to anyone except for Y/N as they were childhood best friends.

Y/N is my only protection. Y/N is my everything. I realized that when I proposed even though it was too fast. But i love Y/N with all my heart and even Johnny knows that.

The Next Day

It was night time and after a long day of work, it was finally time to go home. However, it looks like I had somewhere else to go for the night.

I told Y/N to go home first and said that I will follow as I had a business meeting to attend to. I don't want Y/N to know about Johnny because God knows what happens if Y/N finds out.

I stopped in front of John's door and brought out my phone to text him.

'I'm here' I texted.

'Meet me in the dining room- Johnny'

I opened the door that wasn't locked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter