Doue...pt.2 (Sana)

Like a Fool (For Twice) (Twice Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Today, the day that holds a special meaning,
the day that you stood with a smile of happiness
Praying to God in your beautiful appearance
With the person next to you who isn’t me,
the image of you receiving blessings
How could I just stand aside and watch?...'

"So how are you and Irene?..."

"Pretty good. I just met her parents today and they seem to really like me."

"Oh... that's pretty cool."

I wander if your parents will like me too.

"yah, paboya wake up." I hear a voice which snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Oh? Yes?" I shakily asked my green haired assistant.

"The models are here" he informs me. Upon realizing what he said I jumped out of my seat.

"Oh... of course. Thanks, Yoongi!" I thank him before Yoongi, my cotton candy haired assistant, leaves to take care of other things.

I’ve been having episodes lately; I would constantly find myself getting lost in my thoughts of Jae. It’s been happening frequently nowadays. I pursued my hobby of photography in order to forget about Chingu-yah. I somehow ended up working for a fashion company and I’m currently in charge of taking their models for their latest ad.

I took time to meet the models and brief them about what they would be doing. They were gorgeous, young ladies barely into adulthood. It somehow reminded me of what I used to be back then, happy. I wish I could be like them again.

“What are you staring at? Are these models so hot that even you are mesmerized by their beauty?” Yoongi teases me.

“What? No, I was just observing them to see if they were good for shooting” I make up a lame excuse as to why I was spacing out.

“You’ve been spacing out lately, are you ok?” Yoongi concernedly asked me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just stressed lately” I tell him and rubbed his hand. I am completely aware of the way he feels for me; I’ve known for a long time now. He’s made moves on me before and even confessed to me on one occasion. But I only see him as a friend. Don’t get me wrong though, I love him, as a friend. He’s cute, he’s funny, he’s smart, talented and most of all very caring. These qualities alone would make any woman fall for him, but I guess I’m just different.

“I wander when I can get a chance with you, Sana...” he tells me.

“Seriously? You’re surrounded by gorgeous, young models and you’re still thinking of me?” I chuckled.

“Eh… that’s not really what I’m into…” he replies.

“I’m sorry Yoongi, I only think of you as a friend. Still… I really think you should try your luck with these models. I’m sure one of them would ‘open up’ to you” I flashed a suggestive smirk at him.

“Ekkkhhhh…” he snorts and we both laugh.

“Alright models, get into position” I instructed the models. They got into the shot and prepared themselves. I readied the camera for the shot, adjusting the focus as Yoongi readied the lights.

“Okay… ready…” as I was about to take the shot, I had another episode. I remembered how Jae was good at modelling back in high school.

“Congrats Jae! You landed on the cover of the school’s brochure again!” my female classmate congratulated him. Actually they were all congratulating him, even the guys. You’re probably wandering why I haven’t congratulated him? Well it’s because I can’t even get to him will all my classmates hoarding him up.

As soon as everyone else dispersed, I finally got the chance to approach him.

“Another cover?” I asked him. “Yeah, it just never stops haha” he laughs.

“You know; why don’t you try modelling for real?” I asked him, trying my best not to sound jealous, although I was failing.

“Mmm… I don’t know, it’s not really my thing?” he says.

“Not you’re thing? You on the cover of the school’s ads every single year. You might as well be their mascot! Man, I think they should give the role to someone who wants it more” I sulked.

“Aww, is someone jelly?” he teased me while ruffling my hair.

“I’m not, I don’t even like jelly” I sulked and brushed his hand off.

“Oh jelly, jelly. Oh jelly, jelly” he teased me with that annoyingly familiar song. I put on my earphones to try to block out the terrible music when I found him taking them off a few seconds later.

“Yah!” I yelled at him. “Hey, don’t be upset. I promise to recommend you the next time I have a photoshoot” he said and placed his arm around my shoulder.

“I don’t need your help” I sulked and tried to brush his arm of again but he resisted.

“Really? I know how much you want it” he insisted. I thought about it and after a while I decided to accept his offer but I didn’t want to look like I lost at the same time.

“Don’t recommend me. Get me in the next photoshoot or I’m never talking to you again” I was able to brush his arm off this time and walked away. I secretly smiled at how cute he looked while pouting in the middle of the hallway.

“HEY! Are you gonna take the shot or what? We’ve been holding this pose for 10 minutes now!” The model complained which snapped me out of my episode.

"Oh... sorry! Ready..." I said and finally took the shot.

"Yeah, that's it keep doing that", "Play to the camera", "Can you move a bit to your left", "A little more like this", "Don't cover her please"...

The photo shoot was exhausting. Taking a group was much more difficult to handle than taking a solo model but if it's for the company then i'll do it. I was tired but it was worth it because everyone seemed satisifed with the material produced that day. Just when I thought that everything was done and that I could finally go home and rest, Yoongi calls me over.

"We have a problem..." he says. "What is it?" I impatiently said though it wasn't intentional, I was just really tired.

"One of the models didn't show up. We were supposed to shoot a solo model as well." he irritably says.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked. Just before Yoongi was able to answer, we hear the door suddenly open fast.

"I'm here, I'm sorry" a female voice came along with it. I turned around and I was surprised to see who it was; it was Irene.

"Oh my god Irene! Where have you been?" one of the models worriedly asked Irene who was already walking towards the backdrop.

"I'm sorry... can we just get this over with" She tiredly said. She didn't look good, in fact she looked terrible. She couldn't even walk without stumbling every now and then. Moreover, she couldn't even perform well enough, she was in no condition to shoot.

"Miss Irene, I don't think you're in any condition to shoot today" I told her but she insisted.

"No, I'm fine. Please, you have no idea what I went through to get here. Just prepare the shot, I can do it" she forced. I reluctantly set up the shot and told Yoongi to ready the lights. As I was about to take the shot, Irene suddenly collapsed to the floor.

"OH MY GOD!" one model yelled. "Somebody help, get her to the hospital!" Yoongi said and carried Irene's almost lifeless body out the door.

A few weeks later...

As I was walking down the street, I checked my phone to see what time it was. "2:05" it was still pretty early in the afternoon. I brushed my hair out of my face after being struck by a hard breeze. It was a windy day in Seoul and I found myself roaming the streets in search for things to take pictures of hoping to add to my portfolio. I haven't seen Irene since that crazy incident, Yoongi told me she was placed in the hospital for a few days, we didn't even hear if she was discharged or not as no one had time to stick around since her parents came the next day.

Searching for things to picture can be a little easier if you become a photographer. You just know where to find them. I saw a bird drinking from a small puddle of water on the ground and decided to capture it. However as I was about to snap, it flew away. I followed it around, hoping it would land on something interesting, all while trying to avoid bumping into people along the way. I was moving the camera around when I stopped on something that caught my attention; it was Chingu-yah.

He was sitting with another girl in a restaurant and it looked like he was having a lot of fun. I couldn’t make out the girl, mostly because I was focused on Chingu-yah. He’s changed a bit, his hair was longer, he wasn’t wearing his glasses anymore, and he looked great. It looks like these past two months have been good to him. I wasn’t really planning to do anything since I didn’t know what to do or what to say to him, moreover I was a little scared of showing my face to him.

“Oh, hey! What a coincidence, I didn’t know you were around.” I heard a voice behind me, it was Yoongi.

“Oh hey Yoongi, I was just going around taking some photos for my portfolio, what are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Oh I was just running some errands for my family, I’m actually really hungry and going to grab lunch, wanna come?” he asked me.

“Sure! Where do you want to eat?” I asked him, hoping he will take me away from this place.

“Oh look, a restaurant, how convenient! Come on, let’s go inside” he said and dragged me inside.

As we were looking for a table, I stared at the girl and was surprised when I was finally able to make her out… it was Irene. Unfortunately, the only table that was left was the one nearest to them. Yoongi took the seat facing the opposite direction while I took the seat facing Jae and Irene.

It looks like they got back together as I overheard them talking about couple stuff. I hid my face in the menu as I listened to their conversation.

“You really need to be careful next time. What happened to you anyway?” Jae asked.

“Uhm… too much stress I guess. I’ve been busy modelling as of late and I’m also trying to do my best in my college classes.” she said.

“You should take it easy next time… you had me worried sick” Jae sternly told her.

“I’m sorry baby. I promise I’ll be more careful next time.” Irene tenderly apologized.

“Yah, are you just gonna stare at the menu all day or are you gonna order something?” Yoongi pitched, fortunately distracting me from the conversation. I ordered a beefsteak while Yoongi ordered some chicken. As we were waiting for the food, my ears couldn’t help but listen to what Jae and Irene were up to while Yoongi talked something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter