Dress (Jihyo)

Like a Fool (For Twice) (Twice Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you take him to be your lovely wedded husband?" the priest asked the bride.

"Yes, I do" the woman responded. With that, everything was settled. Nayeon and Jinyoung were married in front of the holy altar. The crowd started cheering and clapping for the newly wedded couple. Everyone was there: family, friends, colleagues, distant relatives. They all came to celebrate the big wedding of two young adults in the peak of their prime. They all clapped, and cheered and laughed. Everyone except for a woman that stood in the middle of the right most row. She had jet black, wavy hair and eyes as big as the moon. She stood there, in her dark blue dress, just smiling, hands rested elegantly in front of her crotch. She wasn't clapping nor cheering but her eyes said it all.

"Hey..." the woman beside her nudged. She had wavy brown locks that flew down to her shoulders, she had specifically made it this way for the special occasion. She wore a white button up blouse along with some tight skinny jeans. She was around the same height as the former albeit slightly taller and had pale skin.

“Why don’t you clap? Don’t be rude” she sassed. The shorter just rolled her eyes but nevertheless clapped as she wanted to show her happiness for the situation. She wanted to cheer, she wanted to scream to the world how proud she was of her best friend that just wed the man of her dreams. But she couldn’t for she didn’t have a voice.

“Jihyo!" another woman came approaching, she had short hair and was taller than the previous two women.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, there was traffic everywhere and my car ran out of gas halfway through the trip" the girl reasoned out.

"It's okay Jeong, you still have lots of time for the after party" the woman beside Jihyo said with a warm smile.

"Oh hi, Jiwon!" Jeongyeon greeted the woman who responded with a polite smile and a wave.

After exchanging the formalities, the three girls watched as the bride and groom walked down the aisle side by side with bright smiles on their faces. It was clear that this was the happiest day of their lives.

"Jiwon-ah, are you coming to the party?" Jeongyeon asked, referring to the party that was going to be held in just a few minutes.

"Of course!" Jiwon said looking excited, but Jihyo seemed to differ. She nudged her partner with a visible hint of displeasure on her face.

"What?" Jiwon asked. Jihyo shook her head and nodded suggestively as if implying to her partner that going wasn't a good idea.

"I won't take too long I promise" Jiwon begged, Jihyo wanted to tell her no, wanted to tell her that she had enough parties. But what can she do other than stand there and silently beg her partner not to go.

"If you don't wanna come then you can go home first. By babe" Jiwon pecked her partner's cheeks and ran after her friend.

"Wait up, Jeong!"

She stood there silently as she watched her partner catch up to her friend and talk about who was going to get drunk first. She wanted to go after the both of them and drag her partner home. But what could she do for she didn't have a voice.

This was the life if Park Jihyo. Blessed with the beauty of a goddess, hence why they call her "God" Jihyo, the kindness of an angel, hence why every person, boy or girl that knew her personally has fallen for her, and the will of a fighter. She grew up with a loving and caring family who raised her to be the most selfless, caring woman they could ever make. It would seem as if God has given her everything, but that was not the case at all. She was born without a voice. She was born without a means to express her feelings properly; she didn't have the ability to speak her mind which made her struggle just to let people know how she truly felt about things. But Jihyo was used to it, she was used to people coming and going in her life. She was used to people getting bored of her easily and just abandoning her when they've lost their patience. But not Jiwon, Jiwon has always been patient with her. Jihyo still remembers the day when she met the only person that understood her.

It was way back when they were in high school. Back when they were just a bunch of scared kids. Back then, Jihyo was afraid of expressing her true feelings for Jiwon as homouality was not encouraged where they come from. So she stuck to Jinyoung who had biggest crush on her that time. She thought that Jinyoung could give her the love that she needed and could make her forget about her love for Jiwon, but she was dead wrong, her feelings only grew more.

Many years ago...

It was in the middle of lunch time when Nayeon, Jiwon, Chan and Jeongyeon were having lunch. They were busy complaining about their homework and the extremely difficult exam that was to occur the next day.

"Aigoo, Sonsaengnim really likes giving us very short deadlines" Nayeon complained as she ate her kimbap,

"Yah, you just don't wanna do your homework" Jeongyeon scolded the older who only proceeded to pout and shove even more rice in .

"Yah stop eating like a pig or you'll bloat up" Chan and received a slap on the arm as a response. In the midst of the agony, Jiwon was secretly contemplating about an issue of her very own.

"Hey, you alright?" Jeongyeon asked her.

"Yeah it's just..." Jiwon tried to explain, but nothing came out of .

"You're thinking of telling her right?" Jeongyeon finished her sentence. Jiwon didn't answer as Jeongyeon was right. Everyone knew her secret, that she was head over heels for the mute girl. It has been like this for a while now. When everyone would be leaving the girl behind out of boredom, Jiwon would be thinking about her day and night. It all started when Jiwon was partnered with Jihyo for a math project and God knows that Jiwon couldn't solve an equation to save her life. She had spent the entire night, staring at a sheet of paper full of numbers and symbols that were foreign to her. She was an inch away from throwing in the white flag. But Jihyo never gave up on her. She would try her best to help Jiwon understand at least one equation, for that was her goal of the night.

'I'll do all the work if you can answer one equation on your own :)' Jihyo wrote on a blank piece of paper.

'But I can't solve anything' Jiwon wrote back.

'It's okay I'll help you' Jihyo wrote. It was truly a struggle to teach Jiwon to solve a simple equation not only because she was math-intolerant, but because Jihyo couldn't even say a single word. As Jiwon failed her nth attempt, she expected Jihyo to snap, to hit her and yell even if she didn't have a voice. But Jihyo was patient, she only solved the easiest equation for her instead with a forced smile on her face. Jiwon was baffled by her undying patience to get the both of them through. She was mesmerized but Jihyo's efforts to save both of their academic lives, little did Jiwon know that it was because Jihyo already loved her at that point.

Jiwon had wanted to tell her a long time ago of her true feelings, there were times wherein she couldn't hold it in anymore and she just wanted to scream out to the world that she loves Park Jihyo. But for the sake of their friendship, she didn't. Jihyo was being occupied by someone else, a man that imposed a claim on her even though she didn't really love him back. Jinyoung was a persistent man, he knew of Jihyo's weakness, that she couldn't speak, moreover she barely had the guts to tell the truth at that time, she wasn't any better than Jiwon. He went around the school, telling everyone false stories about he and Jihyo's supposed relationship and would treat the woman with unneccessary, sugar-coated acts as if they were a couple. Jinyoung wanted her and he would do anything just to get what he wants. But Jihyo never felt anything for the man, however she couldn't do anything as she was to scared to break his heart.

So she played along, she went along with whatever Jinyoung had planned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter