Father

Music Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unknown Moon Facility. South Sector. 08:31 AM.

 

"Soojin-unnie, are you down there??? Can you hear me?" Yeonjung shouts to her earpiece from the room Soojin fell from, just inches away from the giant hole that swallowed up the older girl. She can hardly see any light down there, making it difficult for to attempt to just jump straight down and look for Soojin herself.

 

"Yeonjung! Where is she? Is she okay?" Eunseo asks worriedly as she enters the room, accompanied by Cheng Xiao, Luda, and Dawon to where Yeonjung is currently in.

 

"She's down there. I think she's okay, she replied to me a while ago but she's been quiet ever since." Yeonjung replies and immediately attempts to contact again Soojin from her earpiece.

 

"We'll wait for Mei Qi-unnie and Yeoreum to get here with our rappel gear and we'll go down together and look for Soojin." Dawon tells the girls.

 

Meanwhile, Soojin tries to gather herself from the shocking reality that she just discovered. Still quite unsure of what she just read in those files, only knowing that her thirteen classmates were part of a confidential project that was conducted years ago in secret, an experiment of genetically modifying children even before they were born.

 

"This has to be some kind of practical joke... Right?" Soojin asks herself. "What are the odds that these thirteen girls all ended up in the same place together, study in the same school together, become friends, and then be put under one roof in the service exams?

 

Soojin scans through the files again, looking one by one, files belonging to names like Kim Hyunjung, Wu Xuan Yi, Kim Jiyeon, Cho Sojung, Park Soobin, Nam Dawon, Son Juyeon, Cheng Xiao, Meng Mei Qi, Lee Jinsook, Im Dayoung, and Yoo Yeonjung. 

 

"This really can't be a thing... But how come they're the only files I see here. From the looks of it, it looks like this facility has been conducting multiple experiments. So there should be more than thirteen files right?"

 

Soojin looks at the other desks one by one, all burnt and decaying. She opens the drawers and all of them show the same thing. Piles of ashes. But it was apparent to her that these were documents in these drawers as well. It just so happened it burnt with the table.

 

"How come these files survived though... All the tables here including the one where I found these files in are all burnt. But how did these files manage to barely make it alive?" She goes back to the table where she got the files of the thirteen girls and opens the drawer. 

 

"What...? I didn't notice that before." Soojin thinks to herself as she discovers that on the outside, the drawer is made out of normal MDF wood, but the inside of it was encased in some sort of metal material. "From the residue that's left on these casings, I can tell they used some chemical agent to preserve the paper too from moisture. These people really needed to protect these files for some reason..." Soojin thinks to herself. 

 

"Soojin-unnie!" Soojin lifts her head and her body stiffens. Yeonjung and the rest of the girls made it down to where she is. Soojin turns around slowly to face the girls and Yeonjung makes her way to check on the older girl to see if she's alright. 

 

"You got us really worried you know tha..."

 

Before Yeonjung could even finish her statement, a loud gunshot is heard and echose painfully throughout the room. Small sparks ignite just a couple feet in front of the younger girl. Yeonjung stands still, shaken of what just transpired. Soojin is seen with her rifle aimed towards Yeonjung. 

 

"Ya! Soojin what the hell do you think you're playing at!?" Eunseo shouts as the girls stand still, not wanting to risk getting shot at. 

 

"What's the meaning of this, Soojin?" Dawon asks the girl with a rifle on one hand and a bunch of documents on the other.

 

"You tell me." Soojin tosses the documents she found towards the feet of Yeonjung and allows the girls to step forward to stand beside Yeonjung who picks up the documents thrown in front of her.

 

These look like the files Luda-"unnie has," Yeonjung announces to the girls. In seconds, the girls realize what they were looking at, their eyes widened and Eunseo grabs one of the folders with labels on the side spelling out "Son", which happens to be her last name. 

 

"What is this!? These are my parents... And this is the hospital I was born in. How are... I don't understand." Eunseo shakes her head in disbelief of what she's looking at.

 

As the girls share the same sensations of shock and disbelief, Luda decides to speak up and share what she knows. "The man I was with earlier... in Planet Monsta told me there are others just like me. Others, like me who were created by the same people I shared my home planet with. That I was designed in a certain way to fit the needs for the protection of our planet. He used a term to call my kind of people. He called them..."

 

"Coordinates." Soojin interrupts the small girl and finishes what Luda had to say. She aims again her rifle towards to group of girls and asks them a question. "Tell me honestly, no bull. What are you hiding from me? What do you know that you're not telling me!?"

 

"Does it look like we know !? Soojin we're just as clueless as you are, and that's a fact." Mei Qi utters to the girl. 

 

Soojin doesn't reply, but she does put her rifle down. "Yeoreum-ah. I think it's time we went back to our planet don't you think?" Soojin asks and Yeoreum responds with a nod of the head. Soojin walks pass by them and starts climbing the rappel up towards the room she fell in. The girls follow suit, slowly stealing glances on the capsules of encased children on the walls. 

 

The girls exit the facility and head towards the open field where they first arrived. "What should we do when we get back?" Cheng Xiao asks. "What do you mean?" Eunseo replies who is busy putting the documents they found into her equipment bag. "Are we gonna tell everyone else? Are we going to approach the military police and tell them what we know?" Xiao responds worriedly.

 

"We'll keep it to ourselves first until we figure out what to do with this information. Let's not raise any suspicion once we return. We've been gone for almost five hours, let's just try our best not to get caught. Understood?" Soojin tells the girls and they all respond with a nod of the head.

 


Yeoreum prepares to fire up the machine and enters the coordinates back to their barracks. "This thing's about to give. Let's all hope we make it back in one piece and not in scattered pieces that could possibly be left in different locations in space." Yeoreum jokes.

 

"That's not funny, Yeoreum..." Yeonjung utters. 

 

"Alright, girls remember. Let's not raise any suspicions first. We got what we came here for, and that's to save Luda." Soojin reminds the girls once again before being surrounded by auras of blue light. In a flash of blue light, the girls disappear once again.

 

The girls arrive in the middle of the room of their barrack. Safe. In one piece. And surrounded by Vanguard officials.

 

 

 

Cosmic Military Police. Barrack A-12. 08:53 AM.

 

"Oh, ha-ha welcome back you guys!" Soobin proclaims nervously behind some Vanguard personnel as the eight girls stand frozen in the middle of their room, obviously confused on what's going on their barrack. "Hey, Soojin... how was your trip?" Hyeri on her bed asks a little sarcastically.

 

"Cadets Nam Dawon, Son Juyeon, Baek Soojin, Cheng Xiao, Meng Mei Qi, Lee Jinsook, and Yoo Yeonjung; in accordance with the rules and regulation of the Military Police you seven are hereby under arrest for insubordination!" One of the officials announces to them, reading from a piece of paper. 

 

"Why are you arresting them!? What have they done wrong?!" Luda proclaims. "They did what they did because they wanted to save me. They sacrificed their lives to bring me back here. Isn't sacrifice one of the core values of the Military Police!?" 

 

"They were given orders to cease and desist. They disobeyed orders and went ahead to enter unauthorized environments. Following the law is also one of the core values of the Military Police, cadet!" The officer in question replies.

 

"Well if you're going to arrest them you're going to have to arrest me as well!" Luda threatens. 

 

"Very well!" The man replies. "We'll arrest all of you in this barrack if you wish of that as well!" 

 

The girls squint their eyes and tighten their fists. They couldn't believe the words they're hearing. The door of their barrack open and inside comes Lt. Gen. Yoon Bora. Now the girls are really worried. One of the Lt. Gen. of the Vanguard even paid them a personal visit.

 

"Welcome back, girls. I hope you all had a nice trip away from camp." The lieutenant looks at the girls individually, all of them not wanting to make eye contact with the high ranking officer, and makes a smirk with her lips. "I truly apologize girls. But rules are rules. If we do not have them we'd never maintain order. 

 

"We know about the coordinates." Soojin utters out of nowhere and the Lieutenant's smirk disappears but only for a brief moment until she starts to smirk again. 

 

"I want all Vanguard personnel to exit barrack A-12 immediately." All the girls and the Vanguard personnel are shocked by the sudden statement but just seconds later, all the Vanguard officers start exiting the barrack one by one. Sgt. Shownu's the last to grab for the door until the lieutenant calls his name, stopping him in his tracks. "Except you, Sgt. Shownu. I want you to stay here."

 

"Alright then. How much do you know?" Lt. Gen. Yoon Bora asks Soojin and she replies with a single word that's enough to make herself clear. "Enough". 

 

"Do all eight of you know?" The lieutenant turns her attention now to all the girls who are still in the same spot when they arrived. The girls answer simultaneously. "Yes." 

 

"Excuse me, but what's a coordinate? What's all this about?" Dayoung asks from her bed. The lieutenant looks at Shownu who just closes his eyes and shrugs it off, not knowing if this was the right time to let them know. "I don't really know how to tell you, cadet." The lieutenant replies. 

 

"Or we could just show them." Eunseo takes her bag off from her back and reaches for the files they retrieved from the research facility back. "All these files belong to us, containing background information even before our birth. We all have different data in each folder but one word that pops up in all of our files is the word "coordinate". 

 

"Hmm. Looks like planet Monsta wasn't the only planet you wandered off to." The lieutenant tells the girls as she looks at the folders Eunseo handed to her.

 

"Wait you know about the facility on our moon?" Yeoreum replies.

 

"You guys went to the ing moon?!" Bona utters, dumbfounded with what she just heard Yeoreum ask.

 

"It's not really a moon..." Lt. Gen. Yoon Bora tells the girls. "It's a small planet. And that facility you went to was a secret research and development facility under the control of the Vanguard and was being funded by the King and his government."

 

"Wait. Did you just say that the Vanguard owns that facility?" Cheng Xiao asks and continues with a follow-up question. "The whole Vanguard is aware of its existence then, right?" 

 

"Not quite." Sgt. Shownu answers for the lieutenant. "That facility was created around sixty-five years ago. And eighteen years ago, the facility was destroyed by unknown invaders but the Vanguard always suspected planet Monsta being responsible for that attack."

 

"Back in planet Monsta, in the place, I was being held captive, a man dressed in white somehow had my set of confidential documents with him. But I'm not really sure how he got a hold of them and why he only had mine and not the rest of the girls." Luda speaks out hoping that what she said was proof enough that maybe planet Monsta could possibly be the ones responsible for the destruction of that facility. 

 

"As much as I believe you, without physical evidence, our government will still not push for a full frontal war with planet Monsta." Sgt. Shownu sighs to Luda. "Our planet always stood by the belief that we are a neutral planet, we don't interfere in the affairs of others, and we are completely against conflict."

 

"Then why were they created then?" Soojin bluntly asks.

 

All the girls still unsure what to make of these terms that are being tossed around. Coordinates? A research facility? "Created?"

 

"Excuse me, but what is she talking about exactly?" Seola enters the conversation happening in the middle of their barracks.

 

"Yeah, and what's all this about secret documents of our birth and why the military police are keeping such information?" Exy joins in as well. 

 

"And why did the people of planet Monsta seek out to destroy this facility located in our "what you want me to believe isn't our moon and is actually a planet" moon? Xuan Yi blurts out a complete and unnecessarily long structured question.

 

"Fine. I guess it's time you girls know the truth. Cadets Baek Soojin and Ahn Hyeri, I trust you two can keep a secret as well?" The lieutenant glanced at the two girls who no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter