Invaded

Music Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CMP Intelligence Agency. Miracle District. One Week ago. 10:55 AM.

 

"Hi, I have a meeting with the Central Intelligence Group today regarding Case File code: 0019K-JY." A slender young woman with long jet black hair waits in front of the receptionist table in the lobby of the Intelligence Agency of the CMP as the lady behind the table calls to confirm her statement. "Alright, will do. Thank you, ma'am." The receptionist puts down the phone and stands up and opens up the security turnstiles to let the woman through, all with a sincere smile on her face.

 

"Right this way, Captain." She gestures, as the woman passes the security gate and heads to the elevators. "Thank you." She replies back. She presses the button to call for the elevator and waits patiently for the elevator car to arrive. She fixes her hair and parts her bangs towards the side. She adjusts her necktie and makes sure there are no wrinkles on her officer's jacket. The elevator finally arrives, she steps inside and greets her fellow passengers with a salute and presses for the 31st floor.

 

"We've been on this ing case for the past four months now and I have yet to see any signs of progress, Captain Park. Either you show me something that will change my mind or I will have you and your team pulled out of this god damn case, understood?" A man slams his hand on the table in which creates a ripple of bottles of water tumbling over. "With all due respect, Major, my men along with the assistance of the 2nd Recon Division are putting every resource we have in making sure we find out the exact whereabouts of the suspect and that we will be able to properly secure the target. 

 

"And that's precisely my problem! You're using up too much of the CMP's resources in trying to secure just one target. Now I know we are heavily funded by the Royal Government but that doesn't mean we can just keep giving you what you want on this goose-chase of yours. The man sits back in his chair, rubbing his temples in sheer frustration. "How about you? Huh? What do you have to say about this First Lieutenant Wu? What have you and your people in the Recon Division contributed in this headache of a case?" 

 

"Sir, may I remind you of the importance of getting our hands on Kim Jinyoung. Ever since escaping the CMP last year, the Military Police had zero leads in finding her. It was only when five months ago when we received witness reports of individuals identifying Jinyoung somewhere in the Loen District. During our last contact with her, we were for certain she had escaped the planet, so the fact that she pops up every now and then in Loen should be a security concern of the planet and especially of the Vanguard, Major." Xuan Yi stands her ground beside Soobin who seems to be catching a headache of her own. 

 

"Why in god's name would she be in Loen of all places!?" The Major yells. "It doesn't matter why she's in Loen or anywhere for that matter." The woman from the lobby barges in the room, she places her belongings on the table, and bows and salutes to the Major. "Good morning, Major. Captain Park and First Lieutenant Wu." Even when they knew she would be arriving soon, they were still startled by her choice of an introduction in such an abrupt manner. The Major clutches his chest as to avoid a heart attack and both Xuan Yi and Soobin bow and sends a salute to one of the Captains of the Special Tactics Agency belonging to the 3rd Division. Captain Kim Jiyeon. 

 

"Major, it is not our job to figure out the motives of our targets. It is our job to secure them to avoid endangering the public. This is why this case is very important." Bona scoffs as she pulls out from her briefcase files and images taken of the target roaming around Loen District. "She knows she's being watched. Every time we spot her, she seems to know every move we make. It will only be a matter of time before she finishes her business in the Loen District and lose probably our only chance of capturing her. This is why we cannot put a stop to this case, no matter how much resources are put into it." Bona confidently states to the Major.

 

The room is silent for a few seconds before the Major decides to speak again.

 

"Are you sure you're not mixing your personal agendas into this, Captain? Afterall, she is your sister. If you are really doing this because it is your duty, can I..."

 

"With all the remaining amount of respect I have for you, sir." Bona cuts him off. "I lost my sister three years ago. I am done grieving for her and have accepted in my heart that she will no longer return." All three individuals say nothing for a moment, Soobin and Xuan Yi glancing at how more serious Bona has become over the past year ever since getting in the Vanguard and becoming a Captain in the Special Tactics Agency. She used to show signs of remorse and guilt whenever her sister is brought up but now she shows none of it. 

 

"When I get the chance, I will not hesitate to bring Kim Jinyoung to justice. I will kill her myself if I have to." Bona looks the Major straight in his eyes, not backing down before the Major stands up from his seat. "Well, what the do you propose then, huh? Like I said, this case has been going on for the past four months with no signs of progress. It appears that the Central Intelligence Group even with the help of the Recon Division isn't enough to track her down and we're using up too many resources with no investment return."

 

"That is why the Special Tactics Division is forming a special team, Major," Bona announces and has the entire room shocked and confused.

 

"A special team? What the are you talking about!? You have the Special Tactics Agency with you, you people are the "Special Team"!" The Major shouts furiously. 

 

"As much as I do agree that the Vanguard's S.T.A. is the most covert group the CMP has, we are still limited to how much we can actually do."

 

"Where the are you getting at, Kim?" The Major questions nervously.

 

"Sir, I am proposing in utilizing the individuals that possess the coordinate gene in the creation of a new renegade ops team," Bona announces and Xuan Yi and Soobin look at each other as they couldn't believe what they are hearing.

 

"You're out of your god damn mind!" The Major replies even more furiously. "There is a specific reason why you are all scattered in different departments of the Vanguard and the CMP. I'm sure you're all not dumb enough to believe that the High Table assigned you in your current departments all because you possess the right skill set to be there. The High Table doesn't want running the risk of having all coordinates in one department, more especially a god damn unit possibly being wiped out in one mission."

 

The Major begins to walk towards Bona and grabs the papers of the files of the individuals she has already prepped for the creating of the team. "My answer is no, Captain. I will not allow the formation of this special team of yours. Get the out of my face, right now." The major points directly at the door and hopes for Bona to just walk away. 

 

"I am sorry sir, but I did not come here to ask for your permission," Bona says calmly.

 

"What the hell did you just say?" 

 

Bona brings out another piece of paper from her bag and lays it down in front of the captain to see, a request letter signed by the Sargent Generals that belong in the High Table and in this letter a list of names, requesting for the leave of absence from the different sectors of the Vanguard.

 

The following Vanguard Personnel, upon the special request of Lt. General Yoon Bora of the Special Tactics Agency, are hereby to take part in a confidential uncommissioned special renegade ops team under the special supervision of the High Table. Given the circumstances, it is by the personal choice of the following individuals whether or not they wish to participate in the formation of this special unit. The names and their respective departments are as follows:

 

1st Lieutenant Wu Xuan Yi               ...     2nd Recon Division

Captain Cho Sojung                         ...     Special Weapons Brigade 4th Division

Captain Park Soobin                        ...     Central Intelligence Group 3rd Division

Captain Lee Luda                             ...     Information Technology Agency 2nd Division

Captain Nam Dawon                        ...     Homeland Security 5th Division

Captain Son Juyeon                          ...     Federal Force 3rd Division

1st Lieutenant Cheng Xiao               ...     3rd Recon Division

1st Lieutenant Meng Mei Qi            ...     Homeland Security 5th Division

1st Lieutenant Lee Jinsook               ...   Information Technology Agency 2nd Division

1st Lieutenant Im Dayoung              ...     Special Weapons Brigade 4th Division

1st Lieutenant Yoo Yeonjung            ...     Central Intelligence Group 3rd Division

 

This letter is classified as TOP SECRET. Redistribution of this letter without proper authorization will be deemed a military criminal offence and you will be prosecuted.

 

The Major puts down the piece of paper and gives a sigh of defeat. 

 

The three girls all exit the Major's office, Xuan Yi and Soobin walking just behind Bona. "It's good to see you two. It's been a while." Bona utters. Xuan Yi walks a little bit faster to catch up to the younger girl and ends up walking right beside her. "Ya..." Xuan Yi exclaims a little hesitant. Bona turns her head to look at her and gives Xuan Yi a faint smile. "How have you been, 吴宣仪?" Bona asks, still remembering a little bit of ancient Chinese that Xuan Yi has taught her all these years. Xuan Yi is taken aback, Bona doesn't speak in Chinese unless she's hesitant about what she actually wants to say. " I've missed you," she adds and this just surprises Xuan Yi even more.

 

Before Xuan Yi can even think of a reply, Soobin manages to catch up to the two and walks on Bona's left. "Unnie, what you said in there earlier... Is that for real? Are you really forming a squad consisting of the old group?" Soobin asks, full of curiosity. "It wasn't my idea, Soobin. The Lt. General was the one who came up with it. She consulted with me and Seola-unnie about it and both of us agreed to it." Soobin pauses for a bit, an image of Seola appears in her head before she shakes it off. "Is this case really that important that the High Table is willing to risk involving all of us into this?"  

 

"The High Table has reasons to believe that Kim Jinyoung has highly sensitive intel and connections inside our military that she is able to rally information within the CMP and the Military of Planet Monsta." 

 

"Wait, what!?"

 

The two girls are taken by surprise by the sudden statement of Bona. "What do you mean she has connections inside our military!? Are you saying our ranks have been compromised?" Soobin stuttered and Bona turns to face the two girls who stopped mid-walk. "It hasn't been confirmed yet but that's what the High Table and Lt. Gen Yoon Bora believes. Think about it, Soobin. She's been two steps ahead of you and the rest of the C.I.G ever since you guys placed a marker on her head. She knows every move you guys make..."

 

"... Not only that but we've received word as well from Xiao that during a recon op that the 3rd Recon Division conducted in Planet Monsta, blueprints and designs of the old Mecha Suits were found in their military facilities. Yeoreum confirmed that those were the designs the CMP has been working on for the past five years. One piece of good news is that they were outdated designs and ever since Luda and Yeoreum joined the I.T.A, they've made vast improvements on the suits."

 

"Wait," Soobin exclaims. "How come the C.I.G were never told of this information?"

 

"Yeah... I mean, I'm part of the R.D as well, just a different squad from Xiao's, but how come I was never informed about these findings?" Xuan Yi adds.

 

Bona lets out a deep sigh. "Were you two dummies even listening to a single word that I said? The CMP is compromised. The High Table has put strict surveillance on every Division in the CMP until they flush out who the mole is. This is why the Rennaisance Division was put into play." 

 

"The Rennaisance Division?" The two girls groaned at the cringe-worthy name. "Don't look at me," Bona utters, "I didn't come up with the name. Anyway, the new division is made up of a few good people that the Lt. General handpicked herself. And in that division, a squad consisting of us thirteen coordinates. Sgt. Shownu is part of the division as well."

 

"Alright then... So what's next then, unnie?" Soobin questions as the three girls begin walking again. "She's part of your squad right, Soobin? I need to talk to Yeonjung next."

 

Back in the office of the Major, he reads the letter once again that Bona left on his desk and begins to light up a cigarette. "They're making it harder than it has to be, these sons of es." He picks up his phone and begins to make a call.

 

"It's Major Lee Soo-Man... yeah...

 

... there's been a change of plans."

 

 

CMP Federal Forces. Prince District. Three Days Later. 13:19 PM. 

 

"It's like you're not even trying!" Eunseo yells as she places Soojin in another headlock. Soojin brings her arms back towards Eunseo's nape, struggling to get back on her feet. She raises both her legs and using her momentum swings forward her entire body bringing Eunseo along with her, escaping the tall girl's grasps. The two collect themselves and are on their feet once again, waiting for the other to make a move. Soojin fakes a move but it doesn't even bother Eunseo one bit. She hops forward, turning her entire body and using her momentum once again lifts her left leg for a spinning kick. 

 

Eunseo is able to catch the move quickly and ducks under Soojin's leg, but she doesn't realize Soojin catching herself and immediately swings her other leg towards Eunseo. The tall girl is caught off guard and catches Soojin's right calf straight to the jaw. Eunseo retreats but before she can gather herself, Soojin again throws herself at her, jumping over Eunseo and trapping the girl above her neck between Soojin's powerful leg muscles. With Eunseo trapped, Soojin makes a backflip and pins Eunseo down on the mat. Eunseo eventually taps out and Soojin releases her from her grasp. 

 

"Alright, alright, you win this round." Soojin helps Eunseo get up from the mat and the two girls head over to their bench just outside the boxing ring and take a water break. "So what's the score now, Soojin?" Eunseo asks as she pours water all over herself and then wiping herself off with her training shirt.

 

"It's 7-1 now, Juyeon." Soojin answers, wiping the sweat off her brow. 

 

"Hey, not bad, at least you were able to pin me once this time before we even reached 12 rounds." Eunseo snickers, playfully teasing her friend as they both catch a quick breather. "Shut up, alright. You being an engineered freak of nature already puts me at a disadvantage. We both know that." Soojin returns the playful tease. 

 

"Hey, I was pulling my punches for you back there. Where's the gratitude, buddy?" 

 

"Oh, gee. Thanks, that makes me feel so much better." Soojin throws her towel at Eunseo and the girls share a quick laugh. 

 

"Bet you she won't be pulling her punches if I'm in the ring with her." A voice pulls the attention of the two girls away from each other and towards the entrance of the Federal Forces Fitness Center. The two girls stand from their seats as they warmly welcome their two unexpected guests.

 

"Well, well, well... To what do we owe the honour of having the Recon Division and Homeland Security present in the humble sectors of the Federal Forces." Soojin exclaims as both she and Eunseo slowly walk approach the two individuals. "It's good to see you, Cheng Xiao. Mei Qi." Soojin utters as she salutes the two before going in for a hug. Eunseo remains still as she stares Cheng Xiao down from her head to toe.

 

"Something wrong, Juyeon?" Cheng Xiao wonders before Eunseo replies in Chinese. "Idiot, how dare you show up unexpectedly. You know how badly I've missed you all these months, 程潇?" Cheng Xiao doesn't reply back and just gives Eunseo an awkward smile. "I think you're forgetting I'm Chinese too, 恩熙 ." Mei Qi remarks as Eunseo begins to blush in embarrassment in front of her while Cheng Xiao can only shake her head in disappointment. "Oh stop it the both of you." Mei Qi abruptly adds. "You two are so obvious, even the entire barrack during our CMP training days already figured something was going on between the two of you.

 

"I'm sure Soojin had it figured out as well, right Soojin?" Mei Qi adds and the other girl just nods in agreement.

 

"Wait, what? You already had a feeling yet you never spoke to me about it?" Eunseo utters nervously.

 

"Why the would I bring up something like that, Juyeon? What are we, girl-friends? We don't do that , give me a break." Soojin blurted out as her entire body cringes at the thought. The four girls allow for the awkward air to pass before Soojin breaks the silence. "Alright, anyway. So what brings you two here?" she asks and the two girls look at each other wondering if they can disclose the information they have with Soojin, after all, she wasn't included in the list of members recruited for the Rennaisance Division. 

 

"A special renegade ops team, huh?" Eunseo reviews the confidential letter the High Table has given out, the same letter Bona shared with Xuan Yi and Soobin just a few days ago. "Who else has agreed to this?" she asks. 

 

"Seola-unnie and Bona-unnie were the first, obviously because they're part of Special Tactics. Three days ago, Xuan Yi-unnie and Soobin-unnie agreed to it care of Bona-unnie. On the same day, Seola-unnie was able to reach out to Exy-unnie and Dayoung-ah and they too agreed to join. Xuan Yi-unnie and I are in the same department so she was quickly able to reach out to me yesterday. Soobin-unnie is in the same squad with Yeonjung-ah so it wasn't hard for Yeonjung to agree to the new Division. I then approached Dawon-unnie and Mei Qi in Homeland Security and they both agreed to it. Dawon-unnie will be approaching Luda-unnie and Yeoreum-ah tomorrow."

 

Eunseo placers her hand on her chin, trying to look like she's actually thinking about something really hard. "Quit it, will you?" Soojin interrupts. "We all know, you're excited to reunite with the old group." Eunseo drops her hand and turns to face Soojin with a blank expression. "What is it with you and bursting my bubble, Baek Soojin?" The tall girl babbled. 

 

"Alright, I'm in..." Eunseo responds and their two guests stand up as they prepare to settle finalities with Eunseo. "Alright, good. I'll inform Bona-unnie right away," Xiao responds but she is cut off by a sudden statement from Eunseo.

 

"... But only if Soojin gets to join too."

 

"W-what?" Mei Qi stutters. 

 

"You heard me, she's my 1st Lieutenant after all. I'll go if she goes." Eunseo insisted as Soojin only sits there with a smile on her face and shrugs her shoulder. "Hey, I'm fine with whatever." Soojin gushed as the two girls are conflicted as they are not in the position to decide on such terms. "I-I'm gonna have to consult with Bona-unnie first then." Mei Qi stammers as she excuses herself from the group. She finds a corner in the training facility where she can hold a private conversation and brings out her phone and dials the CMP hotline.

 

"This is 1st Lieutenant Meng Mei Qi of Homeland Security 5th Division requesting to be patched through S.T.A. Captain Kim Jiyeon of the 3rd Division, please...

 

... Call Sign: Mike-Echo-Quebec-00-1015-19-98..."

 

"What is it, I am quite busy." Bona on the other end answers the call, her tone impatient. 

 

"Unnie, Eunseo is requesting permission for 1st Lieutenant Baek Soojin to be part of the new Division. Either that or she herself will decline the invitation in joining Rennaisance."

 

"I'll accept." Bona answers without hesitation. Mei Qi is surprised and double checks with the Captain. "Really? Uhm... Roger that. Do I have to tell her anyth..."

 

"Goodbye, 1st Lieutenant Mei Qi." Bona ends the call instantly and Mei Qi is left dumbfoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter