Clear

Music Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Planet Monsta. Location Coordinates: MXM07°0015'0014'0005. 04:25 AM

 

 

It's been almost four days since Luda got taken by a group of mercenaries who are now holding her captive inside a low pressurized container cell. Fatigued and lacking sleep, Luda is losing all her strength as each hour passes by. She knows she can't let herself doze off or she'll risk passing out and obtaining brain damage from the lack of oxygen inside the room. She's been awake for three days straight now, trying to control the limited amount of oxygen her lungs can take in but her body can't take much more.

 

Luda tries to gather her strength and pull herself up from the floor. Her eyes open in a haze and she observes the trail of blood her nose has been leaving on the cement floor. She tries her hardest to get up but she doesn't have the strength to anymore. Her body is already giving up on her.

 

Luda's eyelids almost feel like they each weigh a ton as she desperately tries to stay awake but the small girl has been keeping herself up for three days now and she has now lost the will power to keep fighting. Luda was always a fighter. She never backed down from anyone or to anything that was put in front of her. But as of this moment, Luda now finds herself conceding. 

 

A tear starts streaking down Luda's cheek. As much as she hates to admit it to herself, she lost this. This is a fight she cannot win. Her body begins to shut down, and Luda tries to get in a final phrase before she completely passes out. "Da... Dawon... I'm so... rry."

 

Her cell doors open and she sees two men walk towards her and stop right in front of her helpless body. Luda recognizes one of the voices. It was the voice of Jooheon. The man who brought her to this rough situation she's in. Luda feels her heart ache as she feels nothing more but hatred to the red head who is conversing to a voice she's hearing for the first time. 

 

The voices are muffled but Luda uses up the rest of her energy to try and understand what they're saying to each other. A man dressed in what seems to be a lab coat speaks to Jooheon. 

 

"Good job, my son. We'll use her to draw in the rest and eliminate them all." The man in white looks down to a fatigued Luda and stares at the girl with disgust in his eyes.

 

"These creations, because of man's lust for power need to be erased from the history of civilization... Go rest with your brothers, and have Kihyun transfer the girl to my laboratory. You've broken her well enough. I will deal with her from here."

 

Luda tries to make sense of what their conversation but she can't take it anymore. Her eyelids fall, and her body finally now shuts down. 

 

Meanwhile, just a few kilometers from where Luda is being held captive, a flash of blue light appears and out comes the group of girls who went to rescue Luda. Dawon, Eunseo, Cheng Xiao, Mei Qi, Yeoreum, Yeonjung, and Soojin find themselves in a forest surrounded by trees almost fifty meters tall. The girls almost couldn't believe it worked. It's not like they doubted Yeoreum's ability to design and build, but they just couldn't help but feel surprised that they were actually able to jump planets. 

 

Eunseo pats Yeoreum on the back as to say a job well done to the younger girl. "Yeoreum-ahh! Good job ha-ha! You were able to actually make that piece of junk work and bring us to Planet Monsta!" 

 

Yeoreum squints her eyes at her older friend begging the question if what she heard was correct and if Son Juyeon actually had the nerve to call her work a 'piece of junk'. "Ya. Watch your mouth unnie or I might actually continue thinking about leaving you here when the rest of us go back to our planet."

 

"Alright, alright guys that's enough." Dawon tells the quarreling girls. "Don't forget why we're here in the first place."

 

"I don't get it..." Soojin utters behind the group of girls as she looks in awe at the immense height of the trees around her. "Are we supposed to look for her in this forest then? It's massive. For all we know they could've just buried her body somewhere in this wasteland." 

 

Mei Qi grabs Soojin by her collar and looks the girl straight in the eye. "You know what I don't get? Why you decided to come with us to help rescue Luda-unnie. You barely even know her. So before you start making any dumb accusations, how about you just try and help us get done. Hmm!?" 

 

Dawon separates the two and tries to calm Mei Qi down but she isn't having it. Mei Qi walks away from them and Dawon apologizes to Soojin for Mei Qi's behaviour. "Hey, Soojin... I'm sorry about Mei Qi. She can be a little hot tempered sometimes. I'm really grateful you decided to come with us and help find our friend." Dawon's character never changes. She's always polite even to those who misunderstand her. 

 

"Guys come over here, I think I know how we can get to Luda-unnie!" Cheng Xiao calls the group of girls over to where she is, peeking behind some rocks that are right on the edge of a ridge. 

 

Everyone heads to where Cheng Xiao is who has been looking over a large pile of rocks and they see a group of men on the side of the road next to two trucks who seem to have set up a security checkpoint. 

 

"How are you sure they will lead us to where Luda-unnie is?" Yeoreum asks. 

 

"Well... I didn't really say they will lead us to Luda-unnie. I just meant we could take their trucks so it'll be easier for us to get around this place." 

 

"Yeah but, Cheng Xiao... we'd be attracting some really unwanted attention if we take that truck. It even looks like it belongs to their military." Dawon interjects. 

 

"I think it's a brilliant idea!" Eunseo exclaims and winks at Cheng Xiao trying to get her attention but Xiao isn't having it. She blatantly ignores Eunseo's actions and redirects her attention back to Dawon. 

 

"Well does anyone else have any other ideas then?" Xiao asks the group. 

 

"We could follow them." Yeonjung speaks for the first time since arriving at Planet Monsta. Everyone looks at her wondering what she has planned inside her young 19-year-old head. "Look. It seems like one of the trucks are leaving. We could follow it and see where it brings us."

 

"Hopefully it leads us to Luda." Dawon replies. 

 

So exactly how do we go on about this then? Everyone looks at each other before simultaneously looking at Yeoreum who is already mid-smirk, just waiting for her time to shine and tells every one of the brilliant plan she just came up with on the spot.

 

"Alright so here's what we're gonna do but we have to make it quick before they start to leave...

 

... We'll move up the road maybe a good five hundred meters where the truck will be heading to and Eunseo-unnie will create a distraction, she could pop their wheels with these jack-blades I just actually created right now while you guys were talking with the metallic jackstones I brought to play with and sharpened the edges with my diamond cutter."

 

"You brought metallic jackstones because...?" Eunseo interrupts questioning the younger girl's weird intentions of bringing toys to a mission of this scale.

 

"... I didn't want to get bored so I brought them along, okay?" Yeoreum responds to Eunseo and continues off with the plan.


"Anyway, since Eunseo-unnie's the best shot here, she'll throw it right in the path of the truck's wheels. The men will be forced to stop their vehicle and while they're busy checking the situation, Cheng Xiao-unnie will sneak inside their truck where I will give her this tracking device beforehand. Once you reach your destination, just press this button and it will scan for your location. I will be able to get the coordinates of where you are and the rest of us will get ready to jump. Easy enough right?"

 

"Hey hey hey! I don't think it's safe that we let Cheng Xiao go alone on this don't you think Seongso"? Maybe I should go with you to keep you company." Eunseo smirks at Cheng Xiao who once again ignores Eunseo and reaffirms Yeoreum of her plan.

 

"Don't worry about me Yeoreum, I can do it by myself. Just give me the tracker and I'll let you know when it's okay to jump to my location."

 

"Oh btw, Cheng Xiao-unnie, make sure you pick a safe spot for us to jump to. Got it?" Yeoreum makes sure of her plan and distributes everyone their earpiece. "This'll make it easier for us to communicate while distance is between us."

 

After everyone reviews the plan, they make their move and start to move a few hundred meters in front of the car, making use of the ridges of the forest in front of them as cover. 

 

Eunseo looks for a spot somewhere behind the trees that could give her a good vantage point while Cheng Xiao is across the road who will wait for her opportunity to infiltrate the truck once Eunseo sets up the distraction. The rest of the girls go find their own vantage points with their rifles scoping their squadmates ready to intervene if the plan goes south. 

 

Soojin who is set up closest to where the truck will be arriving sees the truck coming and signals the girls to get ready. The truck passes Soojin, and moments later passes Yeonjung, Mei Qi and Dawon. As the truck passes Yeoreum, she signals Eunseo to throw the jack blades and as expected from the top athlete of Cosmic Police University, she hits her target dead on. 

 

The truck almost loses control as the tires explode but the driver manages to react on time and slams the breaks of the vehicle and he stops the truck in the middle of the road and gets out of his truck to check the situation. With him, four men also step out of the truck to keep watch as the driver changes his flat front tires. 

 

Everyone now looks at Cheng Xiao who is preparing to take a fifty-foot drop to the roof of the truck. She takes a few steps back and jumps from the edge of the cliff and lands on the roof's truck almost dead silent. She uses the dark to her advantage and waits for the driver and the four other men to get back inside before she loops around the side of the truck and drops to the pavement and takes position underneath the vehicle.

 

The girls are left impressed as they witness Xiao make a carjacking look so elegant and almost like a work of art. Xiao talks to the girls via the earpiece Yeoreum gave them just a while ago. "Hey guys, I'm in. I think I'm pretty safe here under the truck. I'll let you know once I get to their destination. Xiao over and out."

 

"Copy that, unn..." Yeoreum tries to respond to Cheng Xiao but is once agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter