Four.

The Value of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is all Kwon Shiwoo doing. The self-centered and selfish brat has framed Jeon Jungkook and gets him suspension for a week. For something that he doesn’t do. His hands balls into fists, clenching tightly to keep himself from punching anything in his vision. Jungkook curses and curses the cursed brat inside his mind. Imagining painful scenarios, each is more satisfying than the last. But that’s all going to be —imaginations. He’s not going to make them reality if he wants to stay out of trouble.

Jungkook sits up from his bed when his door is rudely opened. He sighs in relief at the sight of his friend. Who he has been calling and texting but the girl doesn’t response. And truth to be told, it worries him. He wonders if she actually believes that he stole Shiwoo’s expensive watch. That’s why she’s not picking up, not texting him back.

“Where the hell have you been? Why can’t I reach your phone?”

“I had club activities,” Junghee shows her phone, clicking the home button but it doesn’t light up, “And my phone is out of battery.”

He gulps, thinking whether she knows or not. But he won’t know the answer if he doesn’t ask, right? “Did you hear? About my suspension?”

She nods, crossing her arms, “Yeah. What the hell?”

“I didn’t steal Kwon Shiwoo’s watch,” he tries to keep his tone steady. But, damn it, it’s hard when it pisses him as whenever he flashes back to the boys’ locker room.

Junghee’s eyebrows raises until they’re almost invisible under her bangs. She doesn’t understand why her friend here needs to explain himself. His tone sounds like he desperately wants her to believe in him. And she does. She doesn’t need to ask if he did steal the watch. She knows that Jungkook will never steal. Never. Her best friend is not a thief.

“I know,” she says gently, sitting on the bed beside him. Her hand rests on top of his shoulders, squeezing to comfort the poor boy.

Jungkook’s left eye twitches, feeling bad and stupid at why he needs to explain himself. Why he takes so cheaply of their bond. They’ve been friend for sixteen years and he should know that Junghee knows him better than what he thinks of. He should have known her better than to doubt her. He’s just being anxious, he thinks. This is the first time has ever happened to him and he’s clueless and scared. His good name is tainted. He doesn’t want to know what some of his friends is saying about him now. Thief, criminal, pickpocket. And he’s afraid that maybe, Junghee falls into that group. He’s terrified she won’t believe him and ends their friendship. He’s terrified to lose her the most.

Because she’s more than just childhood friend, classmate, and best friend. She’s a family.

 

Jung Junghee is going to give Kwon Shiwoo a piece or two of her mind. She’s going to force the jerk to tell the freaking truth to the principal and to the whole school. But, deep inside her mind, she knows she’s being reckless. She kinds of know it’s going to be useless because there’s no way that spoiled rich baby is going to simply confess. She has no plans or somethings to threaten him with.

She’s not Jungkook. 

But she can’t just sit still. Knowing Shiwoo gets to come to school, talks happily with his friends, attends classes, and basketball practices. While her innocent friend doesn’t get to come to school, is being judged and whispered by students, and misses practices. Oh, no, she can’t. Even if she has no plans, she thinks that it won’t be useless. At least, she gets to yell at the selfish jerk, letting him taste her wrath for messing with Jungkook. If she’s lucky, a hard and delicious slap could be delivered.

“Kwon Shiwoo!” she shout out his name in distaste as if it’s poison.

Shiwoo recognizes the girl right away. It’s Jeon Jungkook’s partner —the girl of The Troublemaker of their school. He smirks. He guesses that she must be looking revenge for her friend. But what harm could possibly the barely five feet girl do to him? Just her. Solo. Barely five feet against him (six feet). What an interesting girl.

He stands up when she’s in front of him. “What do I do to deserve this honor?” his tone mocking, causing Junghee wants to just swing a punch at his big nose.

“You framed Jungkook,” her voice is low and threatening, eyes aren’t merciful.

Shiwoo scowls, “No, I didn’t! Your friend stole my watch!” He shows her his expensive watch. She rolls her eyes at him. As if Jungkook would interested at the tacky watch.

“Liar!” she yells. Satisfaction blooms inside her chest when she sees him flinch. She jabs his chest as she says, “You’re just jealous"—jab—"that he got the"—jab—"captain spot! So, you framed him and you want to ruin his reputation!”

Shiwoo swats her fingernails off him. He feels his ears are hot from anger after she mentions about the captain sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter