Three.

The Value of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ya! Jung Junghee, come here and check on your boyfriend,” Eunji, classmate of the Jungs, yells at the Junghee when she walks in to their class. The said girl rolls her eyes at Eunji, who selfishly claims Jungkook is her boyfriend. She likes to tease the two as boyfriend-girlfriend. She ships them, hardcore.

She glances at Jungkook who has his arms folded under his side face, both eyes are shut with eyebrows are a few inches apart. She notices his face is paler than usual. He’s wearing her silly too-oversized jacket, which he stole when they biked to the school together, and zip it up until the end as if he’s cold at today’s warm weather and it’s not like their classroom’s air conditioner works great.

“Is he dead?” she turns to Jinyoung whose seat behind Jungkook, “Let’s dig a hole at the yard and just throw him there to rot.”

“It’s been bugging me since this morning,” Jungkook starts to talk, “But it seems like somebody doesn’t brush their teeth.” Junghee squints her eyes at his insult while Eunji barks out a laugh, entertained at their interaction of throwing shades to each other. He doesn’t move an inch from his place, nothing but his mouth, “Jinyoung, don’t you smell something like trash?”

Jinyoung lifts both of his hands up, looking like a criminal is surrendering, “Leave me out, guys.”

She balls her hands into fists at either of her sides, composing herself from this friend who she's been hanging out since one. She clenches her jaw, through gritting teeth she says, “Jeon, watch it.”

Oops, Jungkook thinks from the change of her tone. Junghee is sensitive and worried if people talks that she smells. Because she thinks that she has bad body odor. Which is why she can never leave her home without spraying perfume. She sometimes feels that her breath smells too and she would cover when she talks. Which is kind of ridiculous to him because through their long friendship, he has never thought that Jung Junghee has bad body odor or bad breath. In fact, he thinks that Jung Junghee is the most fragrance person he knows from head to toe.

But he’s not going to tell her that.

He leaves his position and straightens his spine. Hands swatting at the air in front of his nose, “Jung Junghee! Stop talking!” He glares at his friend who stands beside his table. It doesn’t look as menacing as he wants to when he realizes she’s been shooting one and they are deadlier than his five times fold.

Her lips that was curling down are now up into a smile but doesn’t reach to her eyes. Her smile is soulless and cold with her still glaring eyes. She looks like the bad and scary villain in the movies, Jungkook thinks.

“Does my breath bother you?” He doesn’t want to admit it, damn it, he doesn’t. But the tone she uses is sending shivers down his spine. Junghee forces her lips to stretch wider and she doesn’t care if she looks like crazy Joker right now. She’s upset as hell. She inches closer to her best friend, “Well, I’m sorry!”—she keeps her voice light but dreary as she—“Let me just—“

Ha!

Junghee opens wide in front of Jungkook’s face and breathe out at his face as loud and long as she can.

Jungkook curses. Palm is slapped over his nose to protect his poor sensitive nose. His other free hand flaps furiously at the air to make her breath to disappear. Actually, he doesn’t really get to smell it and it’s just instinct. But it’s not like he would foolishly try to check it by himself whether it doesn’t smell or it does. Junghee giggles in triumph, tossing her hair back before walking away to her own seat.

“Ugly skunk!”

“Useless muscle pig,” she retorts.

“Bigfoot,” he counter-attacks.

“Rotten brain!”

“You laugh like a hideous witch.”

“Pikachu is stupid,” she glowers at him.

Jungkook gasps so dramatically with hand over his chest, “Take that back!”

She doesn’t take that back, sticking her tongue out at him to annoy him more. Jungkook is about to say something more hurtful but their homeroom teacher has entered the classroom. He loses his chance but that doesn’t stop him as he crumples a piece of paper into a ball before throwing it to Junghee. It hits right on spot; at the back of her big head.

She spins around her chair so fast. One of her foot sticks out under her table and she stands up a bit. Her fist comes to thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter