Starting Over

It Was You All Along (Taekook/Vkook)

Prologue

Taehyung just wanted to be happy again. He thought that he can finally move on from the incident that occurred years ago. Luckily his best friends, Yoongi and Hoseok, were there to support him. Yoongi helped Taehyung when he asked for a job to earn enough money to pay the bills. While Hoseok assisted him when Taehyung needed a shoulder to cry on.

Third Person POV

Taehyung woke up by the irritating sound of his phone ringing. He picked up the phone after struggling to locate it. It was from his work to recall him that he requested for extra hours in order to pay the bills.

He quickly went to his bathroom and did his morning routine.When he got out, he searched his apartment for something decent to wear. He quickly changed into a white v neck shirt and black skinny pants. He grabbed his keys and a leather jacket on his way out the door and started walking towards the cafe.

When he got there, it was packed with customers. He proceeded to the employee's room to change. Once he got out, he spotted Yoongi behind the counter. "Yoongi hyung!" he yelled but not too loud.

"Tae! I'm glad you're here. I need you to take the customers' orders while I make them."

"Okay, Yoongi hyung." They immediately went to work until Taehyung noticed that it's just the two of them today.

"Um how come there's only the two of us here? Where's Jin hyung and the boss?"

"Jin's busy. He said that Namjoon needed his help because his friend just transferred here. I told him that once he's done to come here and help out. The boss just left because he had a family problem to attend to."

"Oh ok." It's going to be a long morning today Taehyung mumbled to himself. They both went back to work barely talking to each other for the rest of the morning. After about two hours, Jin entered and helped around until it was time for them to go to school. The boss was back just in time. As they headed out, they bumped into the other employees and greeted them.

Taehyung's POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of my phone ringing a couple of times. I should really change my ringtone; it's too upbeat and happy. I was hoping it would stop so I could go back to sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't so I answered without looking who the caller is. "Hello?"

"Yo, Tae where are you?"

"I'm still at home I just woke up."

"Sheesh, I knew you would forget. Hurry up we need your help here at the cafe." Crap I forgot that I asked to have extra hours since I needed more money at the moment.

"Oops, sorry I'll be right there Yoongi hyung." I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. I did my morning routine except for singing while I was getting ready because it would only bring back sad memories.

I got out and put on a random white shirt and black pants. On my way out I grabbed my keys and jacket and walked towards there. It only took me ten minutes to get there and once I was there it was packed with people. Was there always these many people here in the morning? I walked towards to employees room to change and when I got out I spotted Yoongi hyung at the desk. "Yoongi hyung!"

He turned around and responded, "Tae! I'm glad you're here. I need you to take the customers' orders while I make them."

I'm glad that I'm the one who's taking their orders because I'm clumsy when it comes to making their orders. However, I still wish that I didn't have to take their orders. I don't feel like talking especially to strangers. I noticed that Jin hyung and the boss wasn't around. "Um, how come there's only the two of us here? Where's Jin hyung and the boss?"

"Jin's busy. He said that Namjoon needed his help because his friend just transferred here. I told him that once he's done to come here and help out. The boss just left because he had a family problem to attend to."

"Oh ok," I said to Yoongi but I mumbled It's going to be a long morning today. When I spun around there's this girl, who seemed like she's the same age as me, she ordered an iced caramel coffee and a blueberry muffin. She gave me her money while in exchange for the receipt, but before she left she asked me if I had a pen. I gave her one and she wrote on the back of it. She handed it back to me and told me to keep it.

I looked so confused while she strolled away until I looked on the back it said, 'Call me sometimes' with her number. I just tossed it away just like all the other times because I knew being in a relationship will not encourage me to begin my life again. After two hours of taking people's orders, Jin hyung decided to show up. The three of us worked until it was time to go to school. I went back to my home to change into my uniform and walk to school.

Third POV

(3 hours earlier)

Jin met Namjoon and Jungkook at Jungkook's place. He got a call from Namjoon asking for his assistance with moving the boxes. As they were transporting the boxes, Jin asked a few personal questions, which made Jungkook very uncomfortable.

The three of them continued to carry boxes to Jungkook's residence until they were finished. Jin bid Jungkoook and Namjoon a goodbye, but they invited Jin if he wanted to stay a little while to eat before he left. Jin told them that he must go to work now and went to his car. He drove to the cafe where he changed and started working until he had to go back home and get ready for school.

Jin's POV

Ring...ring...ring... I woke up earlier than I supposed to because Namjoon called me. I shouted, "Namjoon! What do you want and it better be a good reason because I need my beauty sleep!"

"Yah! Jin hyung please don't yell in my ear. I'm sorry for calling so early in the morning but I need you to help my friend move some boxes."

"I'm sorry Namjoon and is this the same friend you were talking about in school the other day, who you feel is like your little brother?"

"Yeah, so can you help? There's a lot of boxes."

"Yeah, I'll be there soon just text me the address."

"Ok hyung. Thank you."

I hung up and called Yooongi. "Hey, Yoongi? I'm going to be a little late because Namjoon needed help moving some boxes for his friend."

"Ok Jin hyung, I understand I'll tell the boss and make sure that you come once you're done ok?"

"Ok Yoongi. Thank you."

Once I ended the call, Namjoon had texted me the address. I got up and went to the bathroom. I took a shower and put on a white sweater and jeans. I hurriedly went to the fridge to grab an apple and left my apartment after I grabbed my keys. I drove to the address that Namjoon texted me. When I got there, I saw Namjoon outside waiting for me with a raven haired boy, who wore a black and red flannel and ripped jeans. I parked my car then got out. "Jin hyung this is Jungkook."

He extended his hand for me to shake. "Hi, I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you and thank you for coming here to help me."

I shook his hand and smiled. "Hi, I'm Jin. Nice to meet you too and no problem."

We went to the moving truck and started unloading boxes. Jungkook paid the driver and we started taking the boxes to his apartment. "So Jungkook how old are you?"

"I'm 15. How about you?"

"I'm 18."

I saw Jungkook's shocked expression. "What's with the shocked face?"

"Nothing. I just thought that you would be younger because of your face. I'm so sorry."

I chuckled when I noticed that he started to feel embarrassed. "It's ok. I get that a lot. Right Namjoon?"

"Yeah."

"Um, Jungkook if you don't mind me asking but what makes you want to move here?" I noticed that after I said that Jungkook flinched.

"For me, it was because of work and wanting to be independent." I smiled.

"I-I um..." Jungkook stuttered while looking at the ground.

"Jin hyung his new school is just too far away from his home so he moved out," Namjoon answered.

"Oh ok." I became suspicious that Namjoon answered for him, but ignored it since it might be because he's still nervous. I mean he just met me. We continued moving the boxes to Jungkook's residence until we were done. I bid them a goodbye and as I was about to leave they invited me if I wanted to stay and eat. I told them that I still need to go to work and left. I drove my car to the cafe and started working until I had to go back home and get ready for school.

Jungkook's POV

Namjoon arrived at my residence. I greeted him and he told me that one of his friends is on his way here to help me with moving the boxes into my apartment. Soon after there was a car that parked in front of us and a man stepped out. Namjoon introduced me to Jin hyung and vise versa. We began unloading the boxes out of the truck once it arrived. When we were finished, I paid the driver and we carried the boxes. "So Jungkook how old are you?"

"I'm 15. How about you?"

"I'm 18." I was so shocked that he's only 18 because he looks just as young as me. He noticed that I was surprised.

"What's with the shocked face?"

I told him, "Nothing. I just thought that you would be younger because of your face. I'm sorry." I felt so embarrassed that I should stop talking.

"It's ok. I get that a lot. Right Namjoon?" Seriously, it happens that often!?

"Yeah."

Jin continued to ask questions. "Um, Jungkook if you don't mind me asking but what makes you want to move here?" I flinched when he asked because I didn't want to tell someone I just met about my parents.

I tried to answer, "I-I um..." I cursed myself for stuttering. Luckily Namjoon was here to help me out.

"Jin hyung his new school is just too far away from his home so he moved out." I sighed in relief but felt guilty that we had to lie to Jin. I mouthed a 'thank you' to Namjoon without Jin noticing and he nodded. We continued to carry the boxes, and they were heavy but we finished.

Once we were done Jin told us goodbye but we invited him if he wanted to stay a little while longer. I wanted to repay the favor by giving him food but he said that he must go to work. So Namjoon and I said our farewells and went back inside to eat.

After we ate, Namjoon informed me that in an hour we need to go to school to get my schedule so he can show me around. Then he left and I started to get ready. I went to my room and took out my uniform. I head to the bathroom to take a shower because carrying all those boxes made me sweaty. Once I was done I got dressed and dried my hair just in time to hear the doorbell ring. I opened it and saw Namjoon smiling. "Are you ready?"

"Y-yeah. Let's go."

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is my very first fanfic so I hope you like it. It may be boring right now but it will be interesting later on.