HANA LI

THE RED NOTEBOOK

 

So that explains everything. I fell on the ground after nearly an hour of standing behind their door. It took me that long in order for the words to sink in my head but my tears were different, I started crying right after I saw leader shii enter the room. It hurts a lot. I can’t stop crying. I think I’m going crazy. “Dong-Bang-Shin-Ki” I uttered those four syllables slowly while I let my tears flow silently down my cheeks. . No. So, they did really fight. And here I am, making the situation worse. “Hana, pabo!”

I glanced at my two cousins. I knew they were feeling the same. We just heard everything, the truth which hurts a lot. I witnessed their silent sobbings too. It pained me seeing these two like this. I started crying again, louder this time. I can’t help it. My voice went out without prior notice. . Waeeee?!

[Changmin’s POV]

Yunho hyung noticed something at the door. He stood up to check it and I followed close behind. I saw a shadow. Right then, I knew they were eavesdropping, or one of them atleast. Those brats. Aish. Annoying! We made our way to the open door and faced left to see those sneaky annoying brats. Bingo! I guessed right. I wanted to yell at them but stopped when I saw their expressions. They were unusual as ever. The three were out-of-character, Berlith who was usually hyper was now silent with her face to the floor. Stella who was good at hiding her emotions and usually had a straight face had an obvious worried-sad expression. And Hana. Hana who had a bad temper. Hana who you would usually find yelling and scolding at other people. Hana who was mean and didn’t care about other people  was CRYING. Instead of scolding them for eavesdropping, we were left stunned. To think that these three selfish girls who barely know us personally was crying and feeling sad for us. I went to Hana and tried comforting her.

[End of Changmin’s POV]

“Uljima.” I heard Changmin spoke as he ruffled my hair. I just looked away and gave him my cold back. It wasn’t intentional though. I turned back to wipe my tears as I held Mang Doong on my left arm. I faced him with a playful smile on my face. I don’t care if he knows I’m faking this, I still need to smile.

“PABO! We came here to bring Mang Doong back.” I started talking with my usual tone. “Here!” Changmin took Mang Doong and smiled.

“You dare tell me not to cry when you were crying more than I was.” I smirked as I .

The other two must have gotten my message. They went back to their “normal” state. 

Berlith was yapping uncontrollably. “Ne. ne. Changmin oppa is supposed to be the tough one but a minute ago, he was crying like a baby. But KYEOPTA. Changmin oppa should have that as a new concept, ‘CRYBABY MAX’. It will probably be daebak.”

Stella had her poker face on. Changmin glanced at her. Stella’s poker face then turned to a smirk as he met eyes with Changmin. She mouthed, “CRYBABY SHIM CHANGMIN”.

We obviously went back to our selfish selves as we teased Changmin, acting as if we don’t care if he gets hurt by our teasing.

[Changmin’s POV]

I know they’re faking it but I need to tag along. It’s a relief that they were back in their normal state. I like this side of them more. Trying to be tough for us. What good cassies we have here. They keep teasing me in an annoying way, like they always does but I wasn’t annoyed and hurt this time. Not a bit.

I played along and turned towards Yunho hyung. “Hyuuuuuung~ They’re being mean to me~. I pouted as I whined to him.

Hyung played along too. But he sided with the three girls. “Yeah.  I think crybaby Changmin would be daebak too”. He agreed as he patted Berlith’ shoulder once.

“Hyuuuuuuung~”. I continued to whine. And we all broke out into laughter.

[End of Changmin’s POV]

After a while of playing with Changmin and Yunho, I realized how hard it is to fake laughing and act like there’s nothing wrong. So this is how it feels to laugh when everything inside you wants to cry. It must be hard for Berlith and Stella too. I couldn’t stand seeing my two cousins laughing half-heartedly, so I made an excuse and told HoMin we need to go back to our room.

 At the room, we stopped faking. Obviously, we were sad. I wanted to do something about it. I need to. I just couldn’t bear see my two dongsaengs like this.

I came up with another idea again. Please. Don’t fail me this time. I excused myself and went to my bedroom. I took out my black notebook, black marker and my red-colored pastel from my red backpack. I painted my black notebook with my red-colored pastel and scribbled ‘AKTF!’ on the cover page. It looked like a death note, I must say. But who the hell cares? It’s not my fault I can’t barely color and scribble my notebook right. Uhh. Partially my fault for being so weak and too stupid minding other people’s business. But it’s TVXQ, not just ‘other people’. Yeah right. It’s TVXQ, not others. Wait. I’m not talking to myself, am I? I must be crazy.

“TADAAAA~~” I happily boasted my red notebook. I skipped the cover page to keep myself from embarrassment. I turned to the first page, “The Narcissistic Princess – Cassiopeia”. And the second page, “MISSION: GET DONG BANG SHIN KI TO MAKE UP AND RESTORE THEIR FRIENDSHIP!”

I could finally see their genuine smile. I turned to the last page and let them see my super lovely handwriting, “Always Keep The Faith.